Serious Errors with Live 8.1.1

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
beachball

Serious Errors with Live 8.1.1

Post by beachball » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi,

If I try to restore from last undo, I am taken to the project and boom, serious error and repeat. If I open it from the recent files or open it period, same thing, serious error. Other projects when they get closed, I recieve a message saying, "Live Has Stopped Working", close program. Live .exe then stays in my Processes for about 10 minutes and I am unable to end it with End Task. WTF?

I don't get it, when are these issues going to be addressed? What is the ETA for this mess?

My DAW:

---------------
ASUS p6T Deluxe
12GB CORSAIR RAM (1333mhz)
Core i7 965 running at 3.58GHZ
75GB Solid State Hard Drive
Coolermaster 850W PSU
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Final - clean install 3rd time now

My Audio Setup:

-----------------
PreSonus Firebox with Latest x64 Drivers
M-Audio ProFire 610 with latest x64 Drivers
Korg PAX-1 Pro for MIDI Control

I am running latest (8.1.1) and all my system drivers are up to date. I have tested all my hardware (tested RAM, PSU, motherboard, all hard drives) to be problem free. My system has UAC disabled, Ableton ran as Administrator.

Are there any KNOWN issues with the plug-ins I am using???

-Voxengo VariSaturator
-PSP Vintage Warmer2
-PSP Neon
-Sonnox Native EQ
-Sonnox Native Dynamics
-Sonnox Native Limiter
-Lexicon PCM Native Reverb
-Wizoo Verb
-Spectrasonics Omnisphere
-reFX Nexus 2
-Lennar Digital Sylenth1

(all latest versions)

I need to know what is causing this instability. I need to know if it is a rouge VST or whatever the cause is. Please advise as this is driving me crazy!!!

I have not been this upset and unmotivated to make music for the first time in 5 years as a producer.
Live has enabled me to create music with it's ease of use and amazing work-flow. At this point I am utilizing almost all features in 8 and cannot go on without them, however my studio is rendered useless with these constant errors. I am consistently busy with reinstalling and installing software, troubleshooting PC and hardware and NOT MAKING ANY MUSIC.

:(
Last edited by beachball on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beachball

Re: Serious Errors with Live 8.1.1

Post by beachball » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:19 pm

I have been calling the Ableton Support number: U.S. technical support line tel: 1-646-723-4572

only to get a busy signal all day long. It must be a very busy line due to so many errors in software.

I have not yet called a tech support for a reputable company and received just a busy dial done. Even a $50 refrigerator support has a recorded message prompts.

All I have right now is a pretty box and a ton of buggy projects.

housemusiclover

Post by housemusiclover » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:34 pm

I'd try moving eg the Sonnox plugins out of your vst folder and try to start the project again.
If it still crashes remove the PSP ones, etc.

beachball

Post by beachball » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:50 pm

ATTN STAFF

I just was working on a simple project. 10 channels, couple of PSP Neons on 4 group channels (8 mono audios panned left and right). Voxengo Voxformer on a couple of channel.

I insert AudioEase Speakerphone on a channel and change a preset on it, boom Live Has Stopped Working, but it does NOT exit. I try to end Task only to get a blank end task, it gets frozen too. Next you know, I figured how I can get out of this nasty situation that happens all the time, I CTRL+ALT+DELETE and LOG OFF. That is when Windows windows close almost instantly along with Live 8.1.1

Automation in Sonnox EQ - probably some of the best plug-ins in the Audio Industry, does not work properly in Live 8/WIN 7 (pretty sure just Live 8 period).

It now all points to Windows 7, but I must say Ableton Developers, that is something you have to fully support ASAP. Thousands of music producers around the world are using Windows 7 today, NOBODY wants to work on 32bit, 10 year old operating system in 2010. If you're addressing quality and bugfixes in next release, please note that Windows 7 support is a solid chunk of that quality check.

We need support for it!

PS: I just sent in a log.txt to support@ableton.com and I hope to hear back from you soon with some suggestions as to why am I experiencing so many crashes.

andysweetuk

Post by andysweetuk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:57 am

i get the same shit in xp

so no its not a win 7 thing