Off to a very bad start with 8.1.3

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
digid

Off to a very bad start with 8.1.3

Post by digid » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:36 pm

Been having a nightmare with the launch of 8.1.3, because it was crashing like crazy because of(?) several VST plug-ins. I have been running all the betas up to the official 8.1.3 release, but because an official release basically wipes all your settings (at least it did on my Mac), things has to be rebuilt. That's when the crashing started.

Been adding the offending plug-ins (according to the crash reports) back into the VST folder (about 15 of them, I think), and for some reason Live is now starting fine again. Very strange, and a very annoying start for this latest version.
Listen to my lovely electroacoustics on Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/digidada

Dennis DeSantis

Re: Off to a very bad start with 8.1.3

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:21 pm

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

It would be very helpful for us if we could try to figure out which plug-in(s) in particular are causing the crash. If you'd like, please send us bug reports via the "Report a bug..." option in Live's Help menu.

Thanks,

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:22 am

what plugins are causing the crashes out of interest?
Be helpful if you posted them as well. . .
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi, here the same thing ..a very bad start with it ..

Yesterday ive made a set with 8.1.1 that worked well but today when i open it for the first time with 8.1.3 : crash ,re-crash and again crash just at the opening .
Soon as live opens, this set close the application instantly.
And when it can open the set, i put play and after few seconds: crash and serious error message !
So i even cant know if it is because of a plugin ...i dont understand... it worked well with 8.1.1

So in this week , i will send the bug report to ableton.

domwave

Post by domwave » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:23 pm

i'm still using live 6 (and win 7) for now but just out of interest.
people with those problems,are you using the latest sound card drivers?
i had some problems recently with my lynx soundcard and i was suprised that it worked very well
until i installed the new .net4 and some video software.

i updated my sound card driver and my problem is gone!