Remote Script for Novation Nocturn and Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
delicioso

Re: New Remote Script for Novation Nocturn and Live 8

Post by delicioso » Sun May 02, 2010 9:23 pm

stockylocky wrote:Hi delicioso, I tried that link but I couldnt find any advice to help me! All I really want is a step by step guide on how to upload and save the settings onto my nocturn. Perhaps even how to clear it first if that is necessary? Should each map be on a different midi channel.... I have already turned 1-4 on. Any help from anyone would be much appreciated... :oops: :oops: :oops:
"I found that I have to have Mixer on Ch1, Inst on Ch2, Fx on Ch3, and User on Ch4 and assign them in that order. The way I do it is to go to each map, Clear All Controls and then Rebuild Control Map. And then open the new automap file and Set as Default Control Map for this client." Repeat that for each channel and automap file.

stockylocky

Post by stockylocky » Sun May 02, 2010 10:20 pm

Dear god, I feel like such a spaz.... how do i set the midi channel for each one????? When I push the user button it comes up "there are three control maps in this group and shows chan.2,3 and 4. How do i get rid of these, just cant seem to clear them... dam :cry:

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Sun May 02, 2010 10:28 pm

stockylocky wrote:Dear god, I feel like such a spaz.... how do i set the midi channel for each one????? When I push the user button it comes up "there are three control maps in this group and shows chan.2,3 and 4. How do i get rid of these, just cant seem to clear them... dam :cry:
You can change the group that each control map is in (user, fx, inst, mixer).

stockylocky

Post by stockylocky » Sun May 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Wow thank you for your patience..... it took a while but I finally worked out what you are saying lol All working perfect now....thats my launchpad, nocturn and nanopad rocking cheers !!! :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

skunkworkz

Post by skunkworkz » Wed May 05, 2010 1:56 pm

This is definetly the best mapping for the nocturn and should be standard with live on the nocturn.

I'm just having a small problem which is probably an automap bug, I can't map the UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT keys.
They work ok in everything else but dont seem to have any effect in Live.
All other key maps are working fine though.

Thanks for the script, novation should be paying you!

3phase

Post by 3phase » Wed May 05, 2010 3:36 pm

nice work.. thanks....
but some suggestions...

the important midi overdub is missing... thats one parameter you cant adress via remote normaly..so it would be good to have it via the script..

no optical feedback on incremental parameters... global quantisation setting without optical feedback? is it necessary do it with incrementals?

orientation of knobs to an fx rack could be better.. its folowing the numbers now..thats logical..but from the handling thats not compatible with the optical layout of the nocturn.. would be better if 1=1, 2=5, 3=2, 4=6, 5=7, 6=3, 7=8, 8=4..

So an upper row of 4 and a lower row of 4..
but thats a matter of tatse.. i preffer an optical representation over a numerical.. nobody reads numbers o stage...

and.. i dont know if that is possible
auto selection of the first fx device when a clip or track is selected like in apc would be nice

however.. i return the nocturn.. the automap software seems to cause audio dropouts.. and the unit dont works without
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

smck99

Post by smck99 » Sun May 09, 2010 5:39 pm

Thank you!!!! Was selling my nocturn as wasnt happy with ableton setup. Definately going to give it a good over with this! Looks great, keep it up! :D
Main Ableton Setup:----MacBook Pro (New Model) 15" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM,----Akai MPK49,----Novation Nocturn,----Audio Technica ATH-M50's

w1nt3rmut3

Post by w1nt3rmut3 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:36 am

Using 3.4.1, every time I unplug and re-connect the Nocturn, all four of the MIDI maps get clumped together under the Mixer section. I can re-place them into their appropriate sections, but they just get clumped back together again the next time I unplug the thing. I don't know if this problem has anything to do with this particular script, or if it is just a problem with the way Automap handles MIDI maps. Does anything like this happen to anyone else?

madlab

Post by madlab » Mon May 10, 2010 5:35 am

It happened to me, but not everytime, and for unknown reasons, with the previous automap versions. I hoped 3.4.1 would cure this but it doesn't seem to be the case. But maybe you gave me a clue. Did you unplug it while your laptop was on ?
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

carrieres

Post by carrieres » Mon May 10, 2010 8:48 am

thanks
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1 and MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad PRO
Intel i7-7700HQ, Windows 10, Ableton Live 10 Suite
http://soundcloud.com/ccarrieres

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Mon May 10, 2010 3:10 pm

w1nt3rmut3 wrote:Using 3.4.1, every time I unplug and re-connect the Nocturn, all four of the MIDI maps get clumped together under the Mixer section.
That's never happened to me. Are you sure you did "save as default" for each map?

hiphopdontstop

Post by hiphopdontstop » Fri May 14, 2010 4:39 pm

This works fine on my laptop, but when I try to use my desktop (which has APC40 connected)... the map has strange behavior... for example, the Mixer section... in the Automap, volume for track 1 should control exactly that. It doesn't. Instead it's "scene up and down".

I have no idea what I did wrong-- I followed the readme file perfectly. In MIDI preferences I have the Nocturn script controlling Automap MIDI for in, and Automap MIDI for out.

No idea why it's doing this. Can anyone help? Has anyone had a similar issue while using an APC40? I just wanted to use the Nocturn to control other functions in Live that the APC40 is not already assigned to (keyboard shortcuts, etc).

Thanks!

Lucas

Post by Lucas » Wed May 19, 2010 8:23 am

There seems to be a conflict with another script user remote script for nanoKontrol. If I have this script working theres no way Nocturn will "see" any Live's plugins, only third party :?

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Wed May 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Lucas wrote:There seems to be a conflict with another script user remote script for nanoKontrol. If I have this script working theres no way Nocturn will "see" any Live's plugins, only third party :?
I've been using Nocturn with guille's script and nanoKontrol with Myr's script together just fine with out any issues. There's no issue with Live's plugins.

monoaural

Post by monoaural » Fri May 21, 2010 9:38 pm

hmmm. can´t get it work on ableton suite 8.1.1 / mac with my nocturn automap 3.4.1 (not PRO)

that´s what i´m doing.

1. copied the folder"nocturn" in the folder in user/library/live/user remote script
and NOT in Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts (because i can´t find such a directory on my mac) :roll:

2. copied the file "UserConfiguration.txt" in the folder nocturn. without that file ableton can´t find my nocturn on the control surface. (actually reading this thread i´m wondering that nobody missing that file in the folder "nocturn"... anyway...

3. starting ableton and doing the midi preferences a discribed.

4. setting the midichannels in automap
ch1 - mixer, ch2 - inst, ch3 - fx, ch4 - user. go to each map, Clear All Controls and then Rebuild Control Map. then open the new automap file and Set as Default Control Map for this client."

everything looks fine. but nothing happen.

i have no clou.

read every thread about this new remote script. but still can´t figure it out.

please help.
Last edited by monoaural on Sat May 22, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.