aurex FREE step sequencers for LP without M4L/Bome ! + vids

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
#1thelark

Re: aurex 8-Step: FREE step sequencer for LP without M4L/Bomes !

Post by #1thelark » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:12 am

I do have 2 LPs... what do you think would be necessary to raise the steps from 8 to 16?
I guess I could copy some of your racks but the midirouting needs to be adjusted as well. Could you give me some hints what I would need to do?

Cheers

selthym

Post by selthym » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:24 am

Sarrova-Q wrote:
biologik wrote:Took it for a spin!
It ran flawlessly and was good fun :)
My only issue was not having the 4 buttons next to the on/off buttons (button columns 2-5) light up.. sometimes I forgot what pitch a certain note was on. It was still good fun! Thanks for sharing and I really look forward to seeing what you do next.
cheers!
Yeah, I know. Unfortunately that was not possible because the pitches are mapped to a macro controller. I tried pitches just with the midi pitch device first (and with device on/off) but it wasn't handy and I also couldn't make them light up and remember the state after switching to session.
I think it could bwe done by placing an external instrument device behind the pitch that the macro controls and have this send a note message to the launchpad. You may have to add an arp before it as well so that it sends note on and then off messages only when that pitch is selected.

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:23 pm

selthym wrote: I think it could bwe done by placing an external instrument device behind the pitch that the macro controls and have this send a note message to the launchpad. You may have to add an arp before it as well so that it sends note on and then off messages only when that pitch is selected.

Sorry, it was a great idea but that doesn't work, you can't place an external instrument in a midi effect rack.

BUT I found a trick with just a pitch unit, I'll keep you updated :)

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:08 am

update:
- I'm working on an update for 8-step
In 8-Step V2 I will try to make the pitches in 8-Step light up, so you can see witch pitch you've selected and I will also add something else (which stays secret for now)

- the drum sequencer (Troxic) is in development and oh boy it's already so much fun to play with it :-) you're going to like this one :p !

biologik

Post by biologik » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:25 am

really looking forward to it! :D

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:02 am

Thank you very much. Being able to sequence massive, battery 3, reason/record....etc without boome's or max. HUGE Thanks

Looking forward to whatever else you can pull off.

I'm goin try to tweak this to a 16 step.

Thanks for the great ideas to start messing with
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

selthym

Post by selthym » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:04 am

Great work on this BTW. You can place an external instrument after a midi effects rack though... anyway, you have found a solution.

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:46 pm

selthym wrote:Great work on this BTW. You can place an external instrument after a midi effects rack though... anyway, you have found a solution.
Sorry, you're right. But I found another solution and it works perfect!

I will post the update soon! (maybe together with the troxic sequencer !!! )

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:36 am

#1thelark wrote:I do have 2 LPs... what do you think would be necessary to raise the steps from 8 to 16?
I guess I could copy some of your racks but the midirouting needs to be adjusted as well. Could you give me some hints what I would need to do?

Cheers
Hey sorry I forgot your post.

Pfew it's going to be a lot of work.
I would first try to send the first 8 steps to LP1 and 9-16 to LP2, so what I mean is make two extra midi tracks and duplicate the "pattern" and "light" racks and adjust the midi out. Next you have to make the sequences for LP1 8 steps longer (no notes just silence) and insert 8 extra blank steps before LP2.

If that doesn't work you'll have to do the following:
You have to copy the racks and in the new 8 racks (9-16) adjust the midi mappings for each rack. You also have to adjust all the clips and send the right data to the 16 racks. Then, you must midi map all the mutes and pitch mappings to the corresponding pads.
Tips: I use the midi pitch a lot to transpose a whole rack (faster and easier then adjusting everything inside the rack) and you have to make new chains for the new 8 racks. In the pattern and light clips you have to adjust each chain so that it corresponds to the right data and sequences. It's a lot of work, but hey I didn't said this was going to be easy. If someone gives me a free launchpad, I will make all my sequencers available for one and for two launchpads haha lol :wink:

Tiza

Post by Tiza » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:58 pm

Thanks a lot. Its very USEFUL !!! Thanks again :)

Sarrova-Q

Re: aurex FREE step sequencers for LP without M4L/Bomes ! + vids

Post by Sarrova-Q » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:39 pm

Phew !

After a lot of work, I finally finished not one but two new sequencers:

TROXIC : an advanced drum sequencer (comes in an 8 step and 16 step version, both with different sound possibilities)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ftzQEMqEF4

MASHER : an FX Sequencer / live FX mashing device - you gotta try this one out, so much fun 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTCGej1a-jg

I also updated 8-Step to V2 (see vid for the changes)

download link as usual in the youtube vids
(all my sequencers come in 1 pack now, so if you download that pack you have 8-Step V2, TROXIC and MASHER).
No M4L / Bomes / ... needed, just open the .als file and start playing.

See Ya

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Thanks, looks great!

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:38 pm

If anybody has any questions about the sequencers, please feel free to post them.
I would love to know how they're working for you.

Cheers

elfoliotrojo

Post by elfoliotrojo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:12 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:Phew !

After a lot of work, I finally finished not one but two new sequencers:

TROXIC : an advanced drum sequencer (comes in an 8 step and 16 step version, both with different sound possibilities)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ftzQEMqEF4

MASHER : an FX Sequencer / live FX mashing device - you gotta try this one out, so much fun 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTCGej1a-jg

I also updated 8-Step to V2 (see vid for the changes)

download link as usual in the youtube vids
(all my sequencers come in 1 pack now, so if you download that pack you have 8-Step V2, TROXIC and MASHER).
No M4L / Bomes / ... needed, just open the .als file and start playing.

See Ya
OMG After trying the first version of 8-step I was looking forward this... Thank you very much :D I'm sure I'll have to ask you some questions when I could try the new toys. I'm watching the videos and I'm feeling SO good :mrgreen:

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:18 am

Great fun Sarrova, you've put some heavy work in there...

Many thanks for sharing! :D