How to block automation lines from showing when i dont want?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Setherian

How to block automation lines from showing when i dont want?

Post by Setherian » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:44 pm

One of the few things that really bother me in Ableton Live is the fact that when I am working at the Arrangement View with my audio maximized I get annoyed by automation lines I didnt ask to be shown, even when I set the channel to "none" for some weird reason and Im still not sure what triggers it, the automations keep being displayed back again making the screen "awfuly crowded" , it not only makes it worse to edit audio in a visual sense but u always are in risk to click by mistake in those lines and change things u didnt want to.
I know for most of you it might be silly, but to me it is also silly not to have an option to "block" automation to be shown permanently unless I decide I want to see them..
Or maybe I am to silly and dont know how to hide them properly, can u help me?

.Seth

Warrior Bob

Re: How to block automation lines from showing when i dont want?

Post by Warrior Bob » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:20 am

How many lines are displayed? Are they always the same ones? Do you perchance have some controller that is sending MIDI data, mapped to some control, and getting recorded as automation?

I admit I'm not entirely sure what your situation is, if it's not too hard could you post some screenshots?

Best of luck.

oberflaechlich

Post by oberflaechlich » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:45 am

there used to be an options.txt adjustment to do that, let me check if theres one to not display it.

Setherian

Post by Setherian » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:44 pm

I just want to edit my whole audio in the arrangement view with never ever facing automation data unless I want to, I want a clean environment. Plain and simple. :)