Question for ableton staff

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
regretfullySaid

Re: Question for ableton staff

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:10 pm

Glad to hear an actual and technical answer, especially from the horses mouth.
As a windows user for over 15+ years, I've decided to save up for a MBP, mainly to catch up with professional peers in the video editing field but also to prepare for Live performance.
Hackintosh is still kind of a pita for my setup anyways, I'm still 32 bit, and it's time get an i5 or 7.
If anyone has more info on why Mac is better for a/v technically, I'd love to know, otherwise I should just f'ing google it :P
ImageImage

Rave

Post by Rave » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:20 pm

shadx312 wrote:Glad to hear an actual and technical answer, especially from the horses mouth.
As a windows user for over 15+ years, I've decided to save up for a MBP, mainly to catch up with professional peers in the video editing field but also to prepare for Live performance.
Hackintosh is still kind of a pita for my setup anyways, I'm still 32 bit, and it's time get an i5 or 7.
If anyone has more info on why Mac is better for a/v technically, I'd love to know, otherwise I should just f'ing google it :P
I don't know but more often than not u will find the pros using one.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:26 pm

shadx312 wrote:Glad to hear an actual and technical answer, especially from the horses mouth.

you have a factor 10 to 20 better midi timing than on any windows machine..

for people that use clock slaves on stage and in the studio thats a factor...
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:01 pm

dom wrote:
SubFunk wrote:you need to ban me from the forum if you want me to stop attacking dennis agressively in person whenever i possibly can, unless he is staying the fuck away from the forum (i don't care what he is contributing to ableton in the background) and especially me.

get someone else to moderate the forum or ban me, if you have a problem with my way of dealing with him. those are the only two options.
I'm sad to hear such things and i think i'm by far not the only one in this community to see it that way.
You're welcome to send us an email whenever your mind changes, besides this aggressive stance you have been of value to this place and we're thankful for this.

Best,
Dom
I think it's quite obvious they have a personal argument or drama outside of the forums, that should be took into account in this issue I believe.
Count me in as someone not liking seeing subfunk get banned. Anybody really,(except timor! :twisted: )

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:16 pm

3phase wrote:is this the agressive stance?
Seriously, man... Read what he actually quoted before you go into automatic mode.

[nis]

Post by [nis] » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:11 pm

Machinesworking wrote: I think it's quite obvious they have a personal argument or drama outside of the forums, that should be took into account in this issue I believe.
Count me in as someone not liking seeing subfunk get banned. Anybody really,(except timor! :twisted: )
As far as I know (I might be wrong, though), SubFunk and Dennis have never met in real life, nor on any other virtual place. I'm wondering where SubFunk's antipathy against Dennis derives from. Not liking his style of forum moderation is one thing, but freaking out like this is certainly a bit over the top. Dennis is a very nice and calm guy and not even a sales person as SubFunk always accuses him to be. That having said, there's nothing wrong with sales guys either. Someone's got to earn the money to keep the ball rolling.

I'm also wondering why there's even a need to moderate this forum. Unfortunately some people think it's cool to be as rude, loud and annoying as possible here. Is this some kind of a new internet trend like Facebook that I missed? Anyway...such a behaviour forces us to moderate the forum to some degree and we have to spend endless time and energy that we could use for other, way more important things. Don't get me wrong, I like strong discussions, (constructive) criticism, even piss taking and trolling as long as it remains on a funny level. I even like some of dum / b0unce's posts in a way, but why do you guys always overact? Grow up. This is an internet forum about a music software, nothing more than that.

Nico
Nico Starke
Ableton Product Team

Rave

Post by Rave » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:15 pm

Nico FTW. :mrgreen:

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:24 pm

[nis] wrote:Unfortunately some people think it's cool to be as rude, loud and annoying as possible here.
djsynchro wrote:It just works.

:mrgreen:

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:29 pm

[nis] wrote:As far as I know (I might be wrong, though), SubFunk and Dennis have never met in real life, nor on any other virtual place.
Yes, this is right. We've had no interaction outside of this forum, ever. Almost all of it has been public, save for one thread of private messages which was completely non-confrontational and cordial.

The recent escalation of aggression is somewhat mysterious to all of us. But it's not really something worth spending more time on, so we're not.

In taking on moderation duties, my hope was that this forum could become more and more useful to people who want to learn about music and audio production. We set up the Lounge specifically so that people who also wanted off-topic interaction could do this here as well.

It ain't perfect yet, and may never be. But we'll keep trying.

Best,

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:37 pm

maybe a friday 13th phenomen? but when i got the domination wright subfunk is banned now... or?
so we´ll never now...
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

omg

Post by omg » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:53 pm

3phase wrote:but when i got the domination wright subfunk is banned now... or?
yes, exactly:
when you got the domination wright the subfunk banned then was. :idea:

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:58 pm

[nis] wrote: I'm wondering where SubFunk's antipathy against Dennis derives from.

It comes from nowhere. Well, not true. It comes from the same voice that tells him that his room-mate is out to steal his magic bag and that if he doesn't do something about it quickly than his brain will be zapped by radio waves from the moon.

True story, that.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:09 pm

[nis] wrote: taking and trolling as long as it remains on a funny level. I even like some of dum / b0unce's posts in a way, but why do you guys always overact? Grow up. This is an internet forum about a music software, nothing more than that.?
Nico
I'm cool with the rest of your post, but I'm hoping this last part was directed at the forum in general, otherwise you haven't read my posts much, I hardly overeact to anything lately, meh!

Does anyone else think it's more than ironic that "Dom" spanked "Sub" funk?
Last edited by Machinesworking on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:10 pm

One other thing we could initiate like Facebook or other forums is have a ban or exclude option for individuals when we sign in, so that their responses don't flag in your view. The trollkiller script was quite effective as showcased here before, but unfortunately does not work since Ableton updated their site (it still works great on the antiquated Cubase forum).

Axel - I think you should rethink your strategy of either ban me, or get another admin. With no disrespect, you can't expect to dictate who Ableton employ as moderators as a private individual. You must also know, as an intelligent guy, you can't tell people to F*** off on a regular basis and expect that to go unchecked. You have contributed a lot, so I hope you can find another way to remain on the board.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

[nis]

Post by [nis] » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:09 am

Machinesworking wrote:
[nis] wrote: taking and trolling as long as it remains on a funny level. I even like some of dum / b0unce's posts in a way, but why do you guys always overact? Grow up. This is an internet forum about a music software, nothing more than that.?
Nico
I'm cool with the rest of your post, but I'm hoping this last part was directed at the forum in general, otherwise you haven't read my posts much, I hardly overeact to anything lately, meh!

Does anyone else think it's more than ironic that "Dom" spanked "Sub" funk?
No, definitely not directed at you. Even not at the forum in general. I think the majority of our forum members are cool blokes.

Anyway...sorry that this thread went this route...

Best,
Nico
Nico Starke
Ableton Product Team