Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stringtapper

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by stringtapper » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:57 pm

rudd1028 wrote:
stringtapper wrote:I'm guessing the OP and other whiners are feeling more than a little douchey right now:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=150306

Of course they'll never admit it.
I'm not a whiner,and I don't want any freebies from Ableton,but your response is more douchey than any whiners.

FAIL !
Um, yeah, and you also didn't post in this thread before now so I obviously wasn't talking about you in the first place. Which now makes you an überdouche.
Unsound Designer

Leon Tricker

Post by Leon Tricker » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:58 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:And to be honest, what should i do with a AMP plugin?
Put a sample or instrument through it. Amp sims shouldn't be used just for guitars.

Could someone define 'loyal user' for me? Is that someone who has been using Live for two years? Or three? Or five? Just say Ableton gave something to people that had been users since version 6. I bet someone would pipe up with "what about me, I was there from Live 4".

Taylor Barclay

Post by Taylor Barclay » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:59 pm

You don't need a guitar to use an amp plugin.

If you want updates and freebies every month then go buy FL Studio. All of their updates are free and they have huge garage sales on their plugins :!: Oh wait, FL doesn't have session view, or dedicated controller hardware, or famous people that use it!

Stop b******'.

martinkellogs

Post by martinkellogs » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:12 pm

edited
Last edited by martinkellogs on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:15 pm

martinkellogs wrote:
rudd1028 wrote:
stringtapper wrote:I'm guessing the OP and other whiners are feeling more than a little douchey right now:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=150306

Of course they'll never admit it.
I'm not a whiner,and I don't want any freebies from Ableton,but your response is more douchey than any whiners.

FAIL !
yes, i agree that response is a big cock.

So you're saying you liked it.
Unsound Designer

[nis]

Post by [nis] » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:23 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:Ohhh Yes! I admit that it is nice to see that the "Suite" users gets something back. What about the others? And to be honest, what should i do with a AMP plugin? or even the sounds? Sorry but it doesen't impress me at all. I dont need the bridge and i dont gonna buy a guitar for sure.....
As I mentioned in the other thread, non-Suite users get AMP as well, but as locked rack presets. AMP sounds really good and can be used in all genres, even if it's just for some subtle distortion. Softtube's Amp bundle usually costs $549. Getting it for free is apparently not so impressive?

I'm also wondering if you haven't received a coupon code shortly before the Live 8 release? We issued them to all loyal Live users who had upgraded from 6 to 7. Either you were left out, or this didn't impress you much either.

What else can we do to make you happy?

(no pun intended! that's a serious question.)
Nico Starke
Ableton Product Team

kabelton

Post by kabelton » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Taylor Barclay wrote:You don't need a guitar to use an amp plugin.

If you want updates and freebies every month then go buy FL Studio. All of their updates are free and they have huge garage sales on their plugins :!: Oh wait, FL doesn't have session view, or dedicated controller hardware, or famous people that use it!

Stop b******'.
sure, reinhard voigt (kompakt) is rocking fruity loops on stage... :-)

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:33 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:Ohhh Yes! I admit that it is nice to see that the "Suite" users gets something back. What about the others? And to be honest, what should i do with a AMP plugin? or even the sounds? Sorry but it doesen't impress me at all. I dont need the bridge and i dont gonna buy a guitar for sure.....
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

wehkah

Post by wehkah » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Quality products costs, to pay for it, is ok. I think, the abes also need food & livingrooms, cars & clothes. ;)

peace&sun
T
Motto: sharing knowledge...

https://soundcloud.com/bytechop

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:34 pm

[nis] wrote:What else can we do to make you happy?

Hi Nico! Can I please swap the non-working Share feature that I purchased with Live 8 for the great and working Collision/Corpus instrument? :)

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:49 pm

[nis] wrote: I'm also wondering if you haven't received a coupon code shortly before the Live 8 release? We issued them to all loyal Live users who had upgraded from 6 to 7. Either you were left out, or this didn't impress you much either.
out of curiosity - what would have the discounted price be after applying the coupon for a v7 to v8 download upgrade?
i can honestly not recall any coupon code, and have searched my inbox for anything to no avail.

the receipt for my upgrade from v7 to v8 was $189 USD.
when i upgraded to live 6, i think there was a offer going on before the release of v7 that gave me a free v6 to v7 upgrade - would that have excluded me from the coupon code email?

Goddard

Post by Goddard » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:50 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:Dear Ableton Headquarter!

People who have been loyal to your company for years should be treated better, Much better!

Don't forget Ableton - We are the Backbone in your company! Nobody else....

I am not gonna pay for new users instruments and bonuses anymore!
What kind of "backbone loyalty" do you mean? You haven't upgraded to version 8 and you're awaiting their thankfulness for that fact? Man, you're pathetic.
"Machines are the weapon employed by the capitalists to quell the revolt of specialized labor" Karl Marx

[nis]

Post by [nis] » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:54 pm

8O wrote:
[nis] wrote:What else can we do to make you happy?

Hi Nico! Can I please swap the non-working Share feature that I purchased with Live 8 for the great and working Collision/Corpus instrument? :)
Ha! Good one. I know that some of you will probably strongly disagree with me on this, but it might be worth to mention that Share was announced as a separate product. A free service to work inside of Live 8, yes, but still a separate product. During the beta testing of Share, we decided to rework Share, because we felt that its original concept wasn't good enough. Something like dropbox.com (which is really good by the way) would do the same, if not better.

If you can get a free Collision instead? I don't know. How about Amp? ;)

Best,
Nico
Nico Starke
Ableton Product Team

[nis]

Post by [nis] » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:04 pm

cotdagoo wrote: out of curiosity - what would have the discounted price be after applying the coupon for a v7 to v8 download upgrade?
i can honestly not recall any coupon code, and have searched my inbox for anything to no avail.

the receipt for my upgrade from v7 to v8 was $189 USD.
when i upgraded to live 6, i think there was a offer going on before the release of v7 that gave me a free v6 to v7 upgrade - would that have excluded me from the coupon code email?
I couldn't remember exactly either, but I found an old forum sticky which explained the conditions for the coupon:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105432

Hope this helps.
Nico Starke
Ableton Product Team

Lamont

Post by Lamont » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:05 pm

I'm going to get dissed for this, ... BUT IT MUST BE SAID...

This forum is full of whiners.
Bitch bitch bitch, complain complain, whine whine ...

Do the majority of you guys ever make any music or perform?