Ableton Live 8.2 & Serato SL3 - THE BRIDGE

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
deejoe

Ableton Live 8.2 & Serato SL3 - THE BRIDGE

Post by deejoe » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:38 am

Hello, I just upgraded to Live 8.2 to use the Bridge together with Final Scratch 2.2 ...
Now all is working fine, I can see the signal but no sound is reaching my mixer.
Can someone help me out in the setup...

I have 2 CDJ1000Mk3 + DJM800 connected to Serato Sl3
when I load a song in Final Scratch, the sound comes out normally, but when I load Ableton track in Final Scratch 2, after loading a track in Ableton, I can see the signal under each audio channel in both softwares, which mean the routing is right from live to FS, but no signal is reaching my DJM800...

Is there something I need to setup in Ableton or Serato to make it work ?
Let me know if my question is not clear, so I can rephrase with more details.

Cheers

Joe

daseed

Re: Ableton Live 8.2 & Serato SL3 - THE BRIDGE

Post by daseed » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:36 am

You're using serato scratch live aren't you?
Because it's only supposed to work with serato, not final scratch.

Cheers,

Da SeeD
www.myspace.com/daseed
Come and check my tracks ;)

deejoe

Post by deejoe » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:24 am

Oh sorry, my bad...
it's Serato Scratch Live 2.2...

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi deejoe, please try opening Preferences->Audio, and make sure that the Audio Output Device selected is the same Rane device that you are using for Serato Scratch Live.

Also, make sure you are setting Live to an output that is currently active and not faded down - you can select this output in the Ableton view of The Bridge, inside of Serato Scratch Live.

littlelosthorse

Post by littlelosthorse » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Hi, I am having the same problem except with an SL1 and some turntables. Everything seems to be working in the two pieces of software (latest versions), but no sound goes to the mixer. All the faders are up and the audio outputs are set as you've recommended :/
*horse*

littlelosthorse

Post by littlelosthorse » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:06 pm

Ok, it works, but only by starting serato first.

Its also very stuttery, like the abletons time-stretching works, but not with a very good algorithm, regardless of whether the pitch on the turntables is changed. And there's no sound when back-cueing :/
*horse*

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:16 pm

littlelosthorse wrote:Ok, it works, but only by starting serato first.

Its also very stuttery, like the abletons time-stretching works, but not with a very good algorithm, regardless of whether the pitch on the turntables is changed. And there's no sound when back-cueing :/
There isn't any back-cueing on audio from Ableton Live in The Bridge - it will only play going forward. As to the stutters, do you mean that it sounds grainy on the clips? This might be due to a large gap between the original tempo of the clips you are playing, and the master tempo of the set. The best way to compensate for this is to optimize the stretching algorithm for each clip. For full tracks, Complex or Complex Pro generally work best. You might also try out RePitch, which does not time-stretch a clip, but rather changes the pitch to meet the master tempo (similar to how records are traditionally pitched up or down in a DJ set). Note that, by default, unless you have specified otherwise, all clips will default to the Beats algorithm.

deejoe

Post by deejoe » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:32 am

Weird thing, today i started the system without doing anything and it simply worked by itself...without me changing anything...and it worked perfectly, no stuttering, and it's simply beatmatch by itself...that's wicked...it's good to throw some loops on your live mix...and ableton does that perfectly in here...Now i need to hook up a midi keyboard and start playing some live notes...don't know if this would work nicely in the club...I will try and let you know guys...

tx for the help

cheers...

Joe

djBD

Post by djBD » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:41 pm

I had the same problem with an SL1. Just tried starting Serato first and then Ableton and it seems to be working fine. Full clear audio from Ableton.