I just broke the head on my firewire 800 cable, so as soon as i get a new cable I'll test and postRave wrote:Nice would be interested to see if there is an improvement using an external sound card.auditory canvas wrote:Here you go:blakjesus wrote:
1) Ableton Live CPU Meter % bounced around a lot, but settled around 20%
2) Laptop/Desktop? Apple Macbook Pro 17" (feb 2011)
3) Operating System? OSX 10.6.6
4) Ableton Live version? 8.2.2b3
5) CPU Make, Model, and Speed? Intel Core i7 Quad 2.2ghz
6) Amount of Ram? 4gb (1333mhz DDR3)
7) Soundcard (and driver version if you know it)?Internal (haven't installed SC yet)
Hard Disk Drive Speed (if you know)? 5400 (stock internal)
9) Number of playback tracks? 8
thanks for posting thus far
I thought about the 2.3ghz, but decided I'd get a much better performance hit by spending the extra money on an SSD, so will dual drive it, using a replacement bay for the optical drive slot. SSD for OS and programs, and the normal HD for other files.
@commuter, you should expect at least as good a performance as last years MBP 15/17, if not better due to the other improvements.
@h4nc0 I don't understand your point? What does a desktop i7 performance have to do with it? And how is 27% on your laptop relevant to you being unimpressed with 20% from the MBP?