Best way to extract samples?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Hi Phi

Best way to extract samples?

Post by Hi Phi » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:58 pm

Can someone please explain the best way to extract, name and organize wav samples that I've created in Live? For example; let's say I've made a bunch of one-shots that I've resampled or recorded from hardware into Live. When I drag the sample into the browser pane, it creates a "clip" (and I just want the wav file to use elsewhere). Is there an easy way to just name and save a the sample as a wav file on my computer? Thanks in advance.

yur2die4

Re: Best way to extract samples?

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:22 pm

In clip properties is a group of buttons. Edit, Save, Rev, Hi-Q, Fade, RAM. The Edit button opens samples in your editor of choice.

Hi Phi

Post by Hi Phi » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:31 pm

Thanks. So in order to do what I'm trying to do, you suggest I use another editor besides Live? I would really like to do this just using Live if possible.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:01 pm

Oh, I misinterpreted your statement "(and I just want the wav file to use elsewhere)".

How is referencing the clip different from directly to the sample itself?? I think in the clip properties there is also a link to the original source file. Or you can open the file in browser.

Another option might be "Collect and save" ??

Hi Phi

Post by Hi Phi » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:01 am

yur2die4 wrote:Oh, I misinterpreted your statement "(and I just want the wav file to use elsewhere)".

How is referencing the clip different from directly to the sample itself?? I think in the clip properties there is also a link to the original source file. Or you can open the file in browser.

Another option might be "Collect and save" ??
I guess I was wondering if there was an easier/quicker/more organized way to dig through the samples I've created in Live other than searching through each project folder's clips? Thanks for your help.