Who is 3phase?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Styles Bitchly

Re: Who is 3phase?

Post by Styles Bitchly » Fri May 13, 2011 12:08 am

I came across this recent pic of 3Phase in the archives.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Fri May 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Fri May 13, 2011 10:20 pm

He is that dude from the club that just stands around and bitches the whole time.

You know who im talking about :lol:

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Fri May 13, 2011 10:44 pm

3phase is the guy that invented the company " better than ableton" back in 1963.
soon after that he released his first software "it dont sound as bad as live " in 1944

now he currently is studying sounds below 180db and plans to release "better than dither" in 2000

i personally dont find him to be a pain in the ass because i look at all of his post as comedy.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

nathannn

Re: Who is 3pehase?

Post by nathannn » Fri May 13, 2011 10:51 pm

timothyallan wrote:doing

http://www.discogs.com/artist/3+Phase
this is not how i pictured him looking.
i imagined a really obese man with empty chineese take out cartons laying around, and a big mustard stain on his faded out black shirt, that hangs too low on the neck.
i also imagined his computer to be something like a gateway from 2001 with a big beige monitor.
and the computer would be on a home made work bench that was half ass made years ago with tools laying around.

i dont know if i can find him funny anymore.
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Fri May 13, 2011 10:56 pm

i was looking at more of the links... it looks like 3phase was some sort of underground success in the 90's.

i wonder why he dont tour nowdays?

no computers or synths

The Leveller

Post by The Leveller » Sat May 14, 2011 8:43 am

Sven is still pretty well respected in Berlin and was defintely seen as part of the pioneering group of German techno.

I've said before, a pain he may be, but those who don't think they can learn something from him simply don't know who he is.

esky

Post by esky » Sat May 14, 2011 9:20 am

but those who don't think they can learn something from him simply don't know who he is.
And what exactly do you think we can learn from him...?

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sat May 14, 2011 10:14 am

nathannn wrote:3phase is the guy that invented the company " better than ableton" back in 1963.
soon after that he released his first software "it dont sound as bad as live " in 1944

now he currently is studying sounds below 180db and plans to release "better than dither" in 2000
Also, he invents/invented time travel in 2021.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sat May 14, 2011 10:58 am

Three Minute Tantra :lol:

Really cool name 3phase.

The Leveller

Post by The Leveller » Sat May 14, 2011 12:00 pm

esky wrote:
but those who don't think they can learn something from him simply don't know who he is.
What do you want to learn? If you don't think you could learn anything from him, I think you are probably wrong.

But then you could be a professional with a successful track record too who has a reputation as being one of the pioneers of the original Berlin techno scene, I don't know.

Poster

Post by Poster » Sat May 14, 2011 12:52 pm

The Leveller wrote:
esky wrote:
What do you want to learn? If you don't think you could learn anything from him, I think you are probably wrong.

But then you could be a professional with a successful track record too who has a reputation as being one of the pioneers of the original Berlin techno scene, I don't know.
next to that he's one of the most arrogant and annoying people around on this forum..
sure could learn a thing or two from him, though the problem is it's all buried under his tl;dr drivel..

Sepp Ultura

Post by Sepp Ultura » Sat May 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Well, I didn't intend a "let's bash 3phase session". I just wanted to know what its's all about because I repeatedly saw post ranting about him but I've never seen him doing any actual pissing off people. Thanks to those who pointed me towards some interesting links on his work.

After all, we're all here because making music is suppoed to be fun. If we can learn anything from some "old rabbits", then perfect!

The Leveller

Post by The Leveller » Sat May 14, 2011 3:21 pm

I did say he can be a pain...I didn't think that was up for debate, the question was, who is he.

macmurphy

Re: Who is 3pehase?

Post by macmurphy » Sun May 15, 2011 5:24 pm

nathannn wrote:

this is not how i pictured him looking.
i imagined a really obese man with empty chineese take out cartons laying around, and a big mustard stain on his faded out black shirt, that hangs too low on the neck.
i also imagined his computer to be something like a gateway from 2001 with a big beige monitor.
and the computer would be on a home made work bench that was half ass made years ago with tools laying around.

i dont know if i can find him funny anymore.
that's exactly how i expected him to look - angry/constipated.