MPC/MPD owners?????

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
v00d00ppl

Re: MPC/MPD owners?????

Post by v00d00ppl » Thu May 26, 2011 12:43 am

kb420 wrote:
v00d00ppl wrote:That's the one. I paid 150 for it and ended up getting it serviced through thesoniq a while back for another 150. Now she rocks hard. Did u keep the 3000 or end up selling it?

I was strapped for cash, and I thought about selling it, but I didn't. I still have it. How do you feel about the people who fixed your EPS? Did they do a good job? Are they still around?

Thesoniq is awesome. He is the last official ensoniq repair shop in the US. I live 30 minutes away from him and dropped it off and got it back the next day. It's awesome how quickly he diagnosed the the switches and the keyboard velocity calibration board and had me test it in front of him to see if I like the repair quality.

http://thesoniq.com

Good to hear u kept the 3000. Lovely machine. You been to scsicardreaders.com, now you can throw a 32GB compact flash on th scsi drive

Guns are getting bigger
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

kb420

Post by kb420 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:52 am

v00d00ppl wrote:http://thesoniq.com

Good to hear u kept the 3000. Lovely machine. You been to scsicardreaders.com, now you can throw a 32GB compact flash on th scsi drive

Guns are getting bigger
I definitely have to check that out. I've been through 5 Zip disc drives. They suck. They never last that long.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

kb420

Post by kb420 » Thu May 26, 2011 1:50 am

I just found a pretty good video explaining how to replace the pads. At least now I know exactly what it will look like with the black pads!!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sUQjswisvk
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Thu May 26, 2011 2:25 pm

My other piece of advice is if you go with a power drill make sure the torque settings are set at the lowest that way you won't strip the screw heads.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

kb420

Post by kb420 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:27 pm

Well, I got the new pads today. Taking the MPD apart and installing the new pads was a breeze. Nothing went wrong, or at least I didn't notice anything going wrong. All I know is that now pads 5 and 6 don't work. I've taken the thing apart and checked everything that I though I could've fucked up about three times now and no dice.

I don't blame mpcstuff.com.

It's just my bad luck. If I weren't for bad luck, I would have any luck at all.
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Thu May 26, 2011 7:46 pm

kb420 wrote:Well, I got the new pads today. Taking the MPD apart and installing the new pads was a breeze. Nothing went wrong, or at least I didn't notice anything going wrong. All I know is that now pads 5 and 6 don't work. I've taken the thing apart and checked everything that I though I could've fucked up about three times now and no dice.

I don't blame mpcstuff.com.

It's just my bad luck. If I weren't for bad luck, I would have any luck at all.
Try laying the top frame down first.

Put the pads in the holes first before worrying about whether they line up with the sensor

kb420

Post by kb420 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:56 pm

v00d00ppl wrote:Try laying the top frame down first.

Put the pads in the holes first before worrying about whether they line up with the sensor

I did that. That's not the problem. I think a ribbon may have gotten damaged. I don't know how, but I think it's the only thing that makes sense. I contacted MPCstuff, and they said check the connections. I did, and it all seems like it's connected, so one of them must have gotten damaged.
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Fri May 27, 2011 3:39 am

kb420 wrote:

I did that. That's not the problem. I think a ribbon may have gotten damaged. I don't know how, but I think it's the only thing that makes sense. I contacted MPCstuff, and they said check the connections. I did, and it all seems like it's connected, so one of them must have gotten damaged.

make sure the black sensors on the sheet are free of thumbprints...that can cause sensitivity to be bad.

watch how the ribbon is done in this video. see if that trick works.

http://youtu.be/FaqMEbdPJl4

kb420

Post by kb420 » Fri May 27, 2011 12:13 pm

v00d00ppl wrote:
kb420 wrote:

make sure the black sensors on the sheet are free of thumbprints...that can cause sensitivity to be bad.

watch how the ribbon is done in this video. see if that trick works.

http://youtu.be/FaqMEbdPJl4
Thanks for that video. I'll try that, but the ribbons inside the MPD look different than that. Do you know what I mean? Do you have a MPD????
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Fri May 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Ok try this 1st.

1.Put the old pads back on and see if pads 5 and 6 are functional. If they are functional then you may need to double check how tight the pad corx are stuck to the rubber pads underneath. If pad 5 and 6 are still not working with the default rubber pads then it's time to check the ribbon connection.

2.Located the path of the ribbon and it should attach to this black connector behind the MPD. That black connector can be slid in and out to a lock and unlock position. If you are using too much force to slide it out, try the other direction because it doesn't require too much force to lock and unlock the ribbon connection.

3. Slide it to unlock to take the ribbon out and slide the ribbon back in so it mounts to all gold connectors. Then slide the connector back to the lock position.

Hope that helps.

STRATEGY_510

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Fri May 27, 2011 4:53 pm

starving student wrote:you know so many heads are selling their pieces cause of maschine and as an owner and lover of maschine I just don't get it, you would think that cats coming from such backgrounds would understand better than others just how much each instrument is different from another I mean every thing listed in this thread has it's own character and sound, not to mention ergonomics and shit, some people over at NI's site act like the 3000 and maschine are identical twins or something errrrrr no....
for real, even more ridiculous is the "Arturia Spark or Maschine?" thread, as if the two don't do two completely different things (with some overlap of course).

Now, I would only sell old gear that I really didn't like at all. I made big mistake and sold my sp1200 16 years ago and my EMAX II about 12 years ago.

STRATEGY

kb420

Post by kb420 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:34 pm

v00d00ppl wrote:Ok try this 1st.

1.Put the old pads back on and see if pads 5 and 6 are functional. If they are functional then you may need to double check how tight the pad corx are stuck to the rubber pads underneath. If pad 5 and 6 are still not working with the default rubber pads then it's time to check the ribbon connection.

2.Located the path of the ribbon and it should attach to this black connector behind the MPD. That black connector can be slid in and out to a lock and unlock position. If you are using too much force to slide it out, try the other direction because it doesn't require too much force to lock and unlock the ribbon connection.

3. Slide it to unlock to take the ribbon out and slide the ribbon back in so it mounts to all gold connectors. Then slide the connector back to the lock position.

Hope that helps.
I just tried to take it apart and again to check all of the ribbons, and now it won't even come on anymore. I think I completely killed it. Thanks anyway.

Oh well, back to my Trigger Finger for a while.
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Fri May 27, 2011 9:49 pm

Maybe go back to it an hour or two later. The ribbon is no longer making a good contact thats why the controller is automatically off. That or another ribbon is loosened somewhere in the system. Good luck and keep your head up.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:55 pm

v00d00ppl wrote:Maybe go back to it an hour or two later. The ribbon is no longer making a good contact thats why the controller is automatically off. That or another ribbon is loosened somewhere in the system. Good luck and keep your head up.

I was so pissed off that I packed it up and sent it to MPCStuff's repair shop. I'm using my Trigger Finger in the meantime.
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Fri May 27, 2011 10:50 pm

Well at least it will get fixed on way or another. How much do they charge for repairs?