MPK Mini + New OS = Problems

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
menopause_man

MPK Mini + New OS = Problems

Post by menopause_man » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:31 am

A couple weeks ago I picked up a MPK Mini. After mapping it (from the file here: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... t=mpk+mini) the keys/pads/knobs worked as they should. Since then I have updated my OS (mac) from 10.4 to 10.6.7 and found that I've lost functionality in the pads and knobs. After double checking that the updated mapping file is in the ableton preferences folder, I'm not sure what the next step is; Ableton no longer lists MPK Mini at the bottom of the control surfaces drop down (though it does in the input & output drop downs).

Ableton recognizes a signal from the pads, but all pads only light up the same bottom left square in drum rack.

Also, is there a way to adjust the samples to keep playing after triggering? As soon as I let my finger up, the samples stop. Didn't have this problem before I updated my OS.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

menopause_man

Re: MPK Mini + New OS = Problems

Post by menopause_man » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:31 am

bump for frustrations

mattadms

Post by mattadms » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:40 pm

If you dont have any other additional scripts, i'd recommend deleting Live, reinstalling and put in the mappings from scratch.
The Mapping should be listed in the control drop-down menu no matter if the MPK is connected or not.
Since its listed in the I/O-Section the device itself seems to be working.

menopause_man

Post by menopause_man » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:08 am

Thanks for the tip. I tried that but it restored all my old settings up on re-installation. I might try purchasing an MPK25 to see if that does the trick. The pads are playing now, but all 16 trigger the same note.

pwoolar

Post by pwoolar » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:11 am

I think Matt Adams was suggesting un-installing Live, making sure you trash your previously working (hell, delete all of 'em) MPK mappings, then re-installing Live and mapping your MPK from scratch per the thread you linked.

Sounds like you just un- then re-installed Live, without making sure alllll your user mappings got trashed as well.

I have the MPK as well and it works like a charm under 10.6.8...after having to dial in all my settings again ;P

menopause_man

Post by menopause_man » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:25 am

Hmm...I tried it again to be sure. Deleted every ableton and MPK file on the comp. Re-installed and changed the configs to the ones posted above. Still the same story: no mpkmini in the first drop down, but the 2 and 3 have mpkmini as an option.

yoavtaler

Post by yoavtaler » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi

I'm experiencing a similar problem: I see midi input LEDs in the track input section, and on the midi indicator top right. BUT the drum rack pads do not receive my input! either from my controller (oldy X-Station) or from the standard keyboard. no input signal on the left indicators. Irritating as hell. at one time I deleted the drum rack and re-opened it from the project - and got it's input LEDs to work. but I can't seem to understand what's the deal here. Gonna RTFM anyway.

please help I want to break free. :mrgreen:
Macbook Pro - OS X 10.6.8 - Live 8.2.1 - XStation 25 - Oxygen 61 - Vestax VCI100

yoavtaler

Post by yoavtaler » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:36 pm

SOLVED. I set my input monitor from AUTO to ON.
Macbook Pro - OS X 10.6.8 - Live 8.2.1 - XStation 25 - Oxygen 61 - Vestax VCI100