Is Guitar Rig 5 worth getting just for the effects?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kanuck

Is Guitar Rig 5 worth getting just for the effects?

Post by kanuck » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:40 am

So the title pretty much states it. Obviously if I own the program I'll end up using the amps and other things but the main reason I want it is for the effects. How good/versatile/creative are the effects in guitar rig? Is the $200 price tag worth it? Or is it better to save the money and spend it on plugins? Thanks.

Josh

kanuck

Re: Is Guitar Rig 5 worth getting just for the effects?

Post by kanuck » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:53 am

just wanted to add this will be mostly for guitar but of course i'll be using it on other instruments/sound sources. thanks again.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:09 pm

If it's mostly for Guitar I would say go for it. I think Guitar rig works great for molding guitar sounds on computers. It's also a fun tool to have for adding FX to other things. For example, the Bass Pro amp running on the Master channel can sound pretty fat sometimes. It's nice to have all the FX synced to Live, and saving complex set ups etc. I used to use Guitar Rigs splitter to go between my guitar driving a Soft Synths (using a pitch to Midi tracking ensamble built in Reaktor) and traditional Guitar FX.

That being said, I sold my Guitar Rig Controller last week, along with my G3 liscense. I still have G4 that came with Komplete, HOWEVER, I am going back to pure analogue set ups, especially on guitar.

It just sounds better to me.

I like some of the Traktor 12 stuff A LOT
I like the Space Echo and Leslie Emulation
Reflektor sounds really nice too!

recyclinglostcities

Post by recyclinglostcities » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:17 am

I have GR4. After getting into GR3, I sold most of my guitar equipment, because the software covered all my needs. GR4 added a whole bunch of rad effects, and while not much has changed with GR5, I'd like to play with their sidechaining effects if I ever upgrade. If you don't have a previous version, I'd certainly recommend it. I find more and more that I use NI software in my sets more than anything else, and I think you'll be pleased with the results you get.

arctic ranger

Post by arctic ranger » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:27 am

just got it not too long ago.....kinda reminds me of lives racks and reasons workflow(if that makes any sense :P )

really easy to use and sounds pretty good
mpb c2d, remote sl, mpc1000, korg legacy, zebra 2, phoscyon, devastator

http://soundcloud.com/enrock/first-edit