TouchAble 1.3 released -more than 30 new features

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
db120

Re: TouchAble 1.3 released -more than 30 new features

Post by db120 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:10 am

The multi-fader option isn't in my settings like it is in the updated feature video. Is there some secret sub-menu I'm missing?

kooperativ

Post by kooperativ » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:29 am

scroll down :)

db120

Post by db120 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:48 am

I could have sworn I tried that. Butter fingers :lol:

WISH1

Post by WISH1 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:21 am

SO AWESOME! NOT!!!!
Update 1.3.1 and I still can't connect at all!!!! I received an email stating that we would have the option to choose what port but where would I find that?
Btw, when I open the max window, it says in red... MSP/ad no ad folder / CoreAudio No such subject / bind to port 9100 unsuccessful.

Someone please help. trying to be patient but this isn't making it easy.

Oh, and heres that email:
Ok so it's some other program blocking the port.

The immediate solution to the problem would be checking which program is using port 9100. Could it be you are using an HP printer/scanner?

The definite solution will be 1.3.1 which we will upload to apple today. It will include a different port and the possibility to change it.

Chris

kooperativ

Post by kooperativ » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:59 am

Hey Wish1 - we didn't forget you..
With the new Installers that we upload today this issue will be gone.. we switched the port in the Server and made it possible to change the Port dynamically in the app with 1.3.1...

The MSP/ad no folder coreAudio message can be ignored.
Be patient for a few hours.. it's coming!

Chris

23kon

Post by 23kon » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:56 am

Hi Rabouille,

Wow, how did I miss this thread until now? Must've missed it's initial post.

I'll admit that i've not used TouchAble for a while as I found the last version very unstable and just didnt like refreshing the ipad each time something was added/changed in Ableton.

Hopefully this update will have it up and running again on my iPad as I do miss it.

One thing I do still think you need in TouchAble is the ability to create custom-controller pages.
Users can create their own page with custom controls (like TouchMidi TouchOSC)on it for that particular song/set and perhaps create multiple pages per set too?
This would allow a user to control parameters of a few different instruments or VSTs at the same time - without having to switch from device to device page.
Perhaps this 'page' could be available as a half-page too. THis means you could have a clip view on the top part of screen to control song and parameter page on bottom half to control the paramaters of all the instruments/vsts etc you'd created on the page.
---

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:13 am

23kon wrote:Hi Rabouille,

Wow, how did I miss this thread until now? Must've missed it's initial post.

I'll admit that i've not used TouchAble for a while as I found the last version very unstable and just didnt like refreshing the ipad each time something was added/changed in Ableton.

Hopefully this update will have it up and running again on my iPad as I do miss it.

One thing I do still think you need in TouchAble is the ability to create custom-controller pages.
Users can create their own page with custom controls (like TouchMidi TouchOSC)on it for that particular song/set and perhaps create multiple pages per set too?
This would allow a user to control parameters of a few different instruments or VSTs at the same time - without having to switch from device to device page.
Perhaps this 'page' could be available as a half-page too. THis means you could have a clip view on the top part of screen to control song and parameter page on bottom half to control the paramaters of all the instruments/vsts etc you'd created on the page.

Step by step we're coming closer...there are so much things we want to include..:)

23kon

Post by 23kon » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Sweeeeeeet :) And a clip editor too.

SO GLAD to see an update to TouchAble. I hope it solves the glitchyness I was experiencing.
Will download over the next few days and hopefully get stuck into it over the weekend. Well timed, I was nearly going to have to switch to the dark side and start using Griid for stability :P
---

djlimbs

Post by djlimbs » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:39 pm

has anyone been able to successfully connect via USB on a jailbroken iPad 1, IOS 5, MyWi 5.0, Lion OS X? I can't seem to get the two to talk at all :(. Sent an email to support. Will post if/when I figure it out. Thanks!

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:22 pm

Users of version 1.3.1 with problems connecting (0 slots, no slots or server shown) should download the new and 1.3.1 Installer and reinstall it after deinstalling the previous one. . If your problems persist, please contact support.at.touch-Able.com

23kon

Post by 23kon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:55 pm

look forward to getting tucked into this new version at the weekend
---

djlimbs

Post by djlimbs » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Will the new server software say "1.3.1" in the Max runtime window? Mine still says 1.3 and my issue w/ no slots popping up with USB tether is still not working so I'm not sure if I've downloaded the correct version. Thanks

superistic

Post by superistic » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:53 pm

Love the new look and the "sluggish GUI" bug seems to have been fixed as well - great work!

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:04 am

Important: For now please restart the app completely every time you want to use it (double tap on the home button, long tap on the touchable symbol in the multitasking panel, tap on the minus that appears)
We're working on a fix and will upload it as soon as it's ready!

asha.dan

Post by asha.dan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi there,

I saw the new release of touchable today. Looks very nice. I saw one feature that was really interesting:
- added keep loop feature which allow you to save the new loop made as new clip.

I write my own controller script in the API (not for public release), and I have been trying to find a good way to copy/duplicate clips for some time.

The API doesn't allow this, so the best I can do is mess around with calling apple scripts from the python script, which takes too long (a second). Or i can send keyboard commands from another piece of software like OSCulator, but then its out of sync with the rest of the script.

Can you help with some information on the approach you took?

Thanks for any help :)

Dan