Routing Ableton Tracks Into Logic Pro. Turn Midi Off???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
shauns303

Routing Ableton Tracks Into Logic Pro. Turn Midi Off???

Post by shauns303 » Thu May 24, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi, I am currently routing my Ableton Live sessions into Logic Pro in separate tracks to record them straight into Logic for editing etc.

I prefer to use Logic as a master edit canvas etc... I have successfully achieved this but I have one remaining issue.
I use the APC40 to control my live sessions in Ableton. But when I have Logic open at the same time, the sliders on my midi controller (APC40) start controlling the volume sliders in Logic Pro's Mixer. Which makes it impossible to record a performance that I am doing from Ableton.

Is there any way I can bypass midi in Logic? I have tried looking everywhere in Logic's Preferences to see where it would be reading the midi messages the controller but I can't find anything. There is nothing assigning the Apc to Logics midi.

Does anyone know how I can get around this? I'm sure I'm missing something very simple here. I just can't see it.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

kev herb

Re: Routing Ableton Tracks Into Logic Pro. Turn Midi Off???

Post by kev herb » Thu May 24, 2012 3:39 pm

probably live and logic volume faders are set to receive the same midi cc number (most likely cc7) which the apc is most likely sending from its volume faders. not sure how to but if you could get logics volume faders to respond to another cc number that might sort it???
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words

shauns303

Post by shauns303 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:23 pm

kev herb wrote:probably live and logic volume faders are set to receive the same midi cc number (most likely cc7) which the apc is most likely sending from its volume faders. not sure how to but if you could get logics volume faders to respond to another cc number that might sort it???
Yeah, that sounds about right. I'll have a look in to how I could change this. I have no idea really.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for your input. Appreciate it :)

shauns303

Post by shauns303 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Turns out there is a midi input filter in the project setting in Logic. I just turn it on for controls and there you have it. Done... :lol:
Thanks