Suite 9 now with M4L...

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
garyboozy
Posts: 2620
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Suite 9 now with M4L...

Post by garyboozy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:37 pm

sounds good. i'm on 8 standard and i can update to suite 8 and get suite 9 free when it's out.
but does that mean i'll also get the M4L when suite 9 is out?

andydes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: Bremen

Re: Suite 9 now with M4L...

Post by andydes » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:41 pm

And orchestral instruments. As in the really expensive packs no one ever bought?

Hot Damn.

ddr400
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Russia, Moscow

Re: Suite 9 now with M4L...

Post by ddr400 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:46 pm

Those who bought separately max4live do not agree with the topic starter :)

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: Suite 9 now with M4L...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:54 pm

it's saying the upgrade will 234$ for me... but I paid for Suite and M4L separately..
hope there will be a better upgrade price for owners of m4l...
or alternatively a cross-grade to full Max/MSP should be heavily discounted for early adopters of m4l ...
though I don't know if everyone will want that 2nd one...
Image

piZMo
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:46 am
Location: London, England.

Re: Suite 9 now with M4L...

Post by piZMo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:11 pm

garyboozy wrote:sounds good. i'm on 8 standard and i can update to suite 8 and get suite 9 free when it's out.
but does that mean i'll also get the M4L when suite 9 is out?
3dot... wrote:it's saying the upgrade will 234$ for me... but I paid for Suite and M4L separately..
hope there will be a better upgrade price for owners of m4l...
or alternatively a cross-grade to full Max/MSP should be heavily discounted for early adopters of m4l ...
though I don't know if everyone will want that 2nd one...
i have 8 standard, sampler and m4l, and i just decided to finally upgrade to suite 8 download where at the moment you get 25% off and you also get free upgrade to suite 9. this cost me £130 in the past version upgrades have been about £100 if i recall correctly so this was a no brainer.

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: Suite 9 now with M4L...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:19 pm

so you get the live9 upgrade free too ? 8O
see that's the problem... I have nowhere to upgrade... got Suite+M4L
Image

andydes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: Bremen

Re: Suite 9 now with M4L...

Post by andydes » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:20 pm

ddr400 wrote:Those who bought separately max4live do not agree with the topic starter :)
Excellent. Let's do the price comparison thing.

I got it, and suite. My upgrade options seem to be 249 reduced to 199 euros. So I guess 50 euro discount for having max4live already? Or is it due to my high post count of not too insulting threads?

Not sure how I'm also showing an option for live standard at 129 though. What happens if I get that? Do I loose all the suite stuff I already bought? Or do I keep the old stuff and not get the new additions?

Whatever happens, I don't care if people get stuff free that I paid for. I can think of worse cases of inequality in the world.

woodsdenis
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:08 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Suite 9 now with M4L...

Post by woodsdenis » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:21 pm

3dot... wrote:it's saying the upgrade will 234$ for me... but I paid for Suite and M4L separately..
hope there will be a better upgrade price for owners of m4l...
or alternatively a cross-grade to full Max/MSP should be heavily discounted for early adopters of m4l ...
though I don't know if everyone will want that 2nd one...
I have Suite 8 no M4L. Mine says I can upgrade to Live 8 for € 129. Would this mean that the Suite extras Like Operator, Tension etc would no longer function in 9 ? I am sure there are Suite 8 users who just want to upgrade to 9 without M4L and the extra content but keep their existing Suite 8 stuff. mmmmmmmmm The upgrade to Suite 9 is € 249 !!!!!

theophilus
Posts: 520
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: Suite 9 now with M4L...

Post by theophilus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:23 pm

that's one thing i'm curious about... a live 8 owner can upgrade to live 9 for about $200 (from what people are saying on this forum), whereas i as a suite owner (and not even m4l), it says it's $299. however, there are two versions of suite 8, and only one of suite 9... the new upgrade is basically equivalent to boxed, so if they are letting you upgrade to suite download, and then giving you suite 9 for free, that's really two free upgrades, suite download->suite 8 boxed then suite 8 boxed -> suite 9 boxed, a killer deal for you guys for sure :)

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: Suite 9 now with M4L...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:33 pm

this has to be a mistake... does not compute...
Image

massenmedium
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Re: Suite 9 now with M4L...

Post by massenmedium » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:36 pm

3dot... wrote:this has to be a mistake... does not compute...
Maybe.

Maybe the idea is get most users up to Suite. This should guarantee a large amount of Live 8 users upgrade now.

andydes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: Bremen

Re: Suite 9 now with M4L...

Post by andydes » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:41 pm

massenmedium wrote:
3dot... wrote:this has to be a mistake... does not compute...
Maybe.

Maybe the idea is get most users up to Suite. This should guarantee a large amount of Live 8 users upgrade now.
Very true. Cash in the bank now is never a bad thing for a company.

Oh well, I've had years of use out of suite already. All those cheap skates now have to spend days trying to work out how to get the sound they want out of tension.

Suck on that!

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: Suite 9 now with M4L...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:45 pm

your reasoning fails... still does not compute...
Image

Ableton_David
Posts: 1766
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:31 pm
Location: Ableton
Contact:

Re: Suite 9 now with M4L...

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:45 pm

Just FYI, for anyone with questions about upgrade pricing - please make sure to double-check the shop while logged in to your Ableton account, at https://www.ableton.com/en/shop/

If you still have questions, please get in touch with customer care directly at http://ableton.com/support/contact

woodsdenis
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:08 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Suite 9 now with M4L...

Post by woodsdenis » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:51 pm

theophilus wrote:that's one thing i'm curious about... a live 8 owner can upgrade to live 9 for about $200 (from what people are saying on this forum), whereas i as a suite owner (and not even m4l), it says it's $299. however, there are two versions of suite 8, and only one of suite 9... the new upgrade is basically equivalent to boxed, so if they are letting you upgrade to suite download, and then giving you suite 9 for free, that's really two free upgrades, suite download->suite 8 boxed then suite 8 boxed -> suite 9 boxed, a killer deal for you guys for sure :)
Yes I see that logic :wink: , but I if I don't want the extra boxed samples and M4L there should be a separate path. I have no problems paying for an upgrade from Suite 8 to Suite 9 but having to go the boxed route ? maybe they have a load of physical product they need to shift :D

Post Reply