Instant Haus and Maschine

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
shmanial

Instant Haus and Maschine

Post by shmanial » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Guys, this is awesome. How do I do it? Midi routing etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Ve8c0X7Yg

convex

Re: Instant Haus and Maschine

Post by convex » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:12 am

Trial and error. I'm doubtful that someone is going to list all the steps to recreate this, but roughly, figure out how to drive Maschine w/ Instant Haus. Then, map some Max LFO's to the sequencer parameters. That's about all that's happening.
Last edited by convex on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:02 am

1- Set up Maschine in one channel and load up a kit. Start off with no pattern recorded.

2- Create a new MIDI channel and load Instanthaus. Leave Instantbeat (the drum rack) out of this. Instanthaus has to be on its own MIDI channel, not as a MIDI effect on Maschine.

3- Set up your I/O. Maschine should be default, except Monitor is set to "In".
Your MIDI channel with Instanthaus should have MIDI To set to # Maschine (where # is whatever channel you have Maschine on).

4- Now you just need to turn the "note" knobs on Instanthaus to the default MIDI notes that correspond to Maschine's pads.
Kick - C3
Snare - C#3
Closed Hat- D3
Open Hat - D#3
Perc - Any of the other 12 pads :)

Now, you can record the patterns into Maschine, then drag the MIDI back into Live for further editing. Pretty neat stuff, actually.

I'm not totally sure about the LFOs, but this should get you started. You could also use Instanthaus to drive Battery or any other drum Maschine. Usually, the basic drum hits are mapped to the same MIDI notes.

Take a look at this video for some further possibilities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewctj9U_dps

Not sure I'll let the plugin write all my drum racks, but I love getting an "anatomy of every house drum sequence ever" lesson.

convex

Post by convex » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:42 am

Nice. Also, don't forget in Maschine to set Sounds to MIDI Notes in the bank Sound MIDI Batch Setup, if it hasn't been already.