Push price if I upgrade to Suite 8 now?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Cold Storage

Push price if I upgrade to Suite 8 now?

Post by Cold Storage » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:32 am

I see everybody asking about upgrade pricing; but what do we pay for Push if we upgrade to Suite 8 with the 25% discount and free Suite 9 when it's released? It seems that other people are throwing around $599 as the Push standalone price; but I don't see that in writing anywhere. Want to make sure I'm making the most economical upgrade path. I'm currently running Live 8 standard and want Suite 9 and Push when they come out!!

snakedogman

Re: Push price if I upgrade to Suite 8 now?

Post by snakedogman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:50 am

well, my upgrade offer to Live 9 suite is 149,- euro's, but my offer for Live 9 suite + PUSH is 798,- euro's! Using my amazing calculation skills that means PUSH would cost me 649,- euro's extra, or 836,- USD!!

Cold Storage

Post by Cold Storage » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:12 pm

snakedogman wrote:well, my upgrade offer to Live 9 suite is 149,- euro's, but my offer for Live 9 suite + PUSH is 798,- euro's! Using my amazing calculation skills that means PUSH would cost me 649,- euro's extra, or 836,- USD!!
Those ARE amazing skills. ;) I was wanting Ableton to address it in writing somewhere so we didn't have to assume that's how it will pay out. The only pricing they show for Push includes the upgrade I'm about to buy on its own, so I wanted to make sure I'm not going to have to re-purchase the live 9 suite upgrade in the Push bundle.

DJ Diego Vega

Post by DJ Diego Vega » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:29 pm

I am wondering the same thing. If I upgrade now from Live 8 Standard to Live 8 Suite (+free 9 Suite), how much will Push cost alone later?

The prices for Push on the site only show up with Live 9 Standard or Live 9 Suite. The price for Push alone says not available.

Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:53 am

I just whipped up a spreadsheet to compare the different options. I factored in the upgrade prices I can see when logged in on Ableton's site, the prices I see when I log out, and the enticement offer to buy Live 8 now and get the free upgrade. Starts to paint a different picture, but still doesn't offer all the answers.

New User Prices:
Live 9 Standard - 349 EU (451 USD)
Live 9 Suite - 500 EU (749 USD)
Push w/ Live 9 Lite - 499 EU (649 USD)
Push w Live 9 Standard - 778 EU (1000 USD)
PUSH w/ Live 9 Suite - 998 EU (1290 USD)

My Upgrade Prices (I own Live 8 Suite and Max 4 Live)
Upgrade to Live Standard - 159 USD
Upgrade to Live Suite - 234 USD
Push w/ Live 9 Standard Upgrade - 728 USD
Push w/ Live 9 Suite Upgrade - 783 USD

"Buy Live 8 Now" Special Offer
Live 8 Standard + Upgrade to 9 Standard - 337 USD (boxless)
Live 8 Suite + Upgrade to 9 Suite - 524 USD

So if I'm opting for the Push/Suite upgrade combo, I end up saving 507 USD, which isn't too shabby.

Here are a few questions that this comparison brings up:

Do existing users of Max 4 Live get any additional discount, having already shelled out for something that will be included in Suite 9? (I couldn't figure this out, cause the live website doesn't seem to know I have a registered copy)

Is there a difference between the Suite content of Live 9 versus Live 8 (besides Max)? If I upgraded from Suite 8 to Standard 9, would I lose all the Suite content? That seems insane.

All said and done, I think I'll be able to come up with $800 bucks if I sell Maschine. Now that the push has step sequencer, better sound navigation from a controller, clip automation, I think the only thing I prefer on Maschine is the sample slicing functionality.

Let me know if folks have different upgrade prices.

Happy waiting.

Wilgar Mac

Post by Wilgar Mac » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:36 pm

I also have Suite 8 and Max for Live and get the same upgrade quotation ($234 and $783).

suprandr

Post by suprandr » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Hello, I just phoned Ableton and asked about this, and they replied that the site doesn't reflect the 8-9 upgrade passage. So if you, like me, bought suite 8 and have the 9 suite free as soon as it gets out, 499€ is your price.

bastien

Post by bastien » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:47 pm

But... Push will almost certainly be less than €499 from a dealer like Thomann or wherever.

Does that clear anything up?

No.

Kittani

Post by Kittani » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:35 pm

I think they give you a DEEP discount on the software when you buy Push (relative to all the packages.) Ultimately the hardware itself isn't discounted for anyone, regardless of upgrade path. I would say that if you bought Suite 8 like I did, and got the free upgraqde to suite 9, then just go ahead and buy the Push hardware standalone when it comes out. Musician's Friend is showing pre-orders for $599.00 USD (Way overpriced by my standards, $399.00 would seem like a fair price for the hardware.) I'll be buying something else regardless of the features of push. Looking at a NI Maschine since I use Komplete all the time for my sound design anyways and Push likely won't be able to map to Komplete without a ton of tedious work making midi assignments.

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:53 pm

bastien wrote:But... Push will almost certainly be less than €499 from a dealer like Thomann or wherever.

Does that clear anything up?

No.
dream dream... look at the price for apc 40 at thomann
http://www.thomann.de/fr/akai_apc_40.ht ... 67e85ed178
it is more expensive than 3months ago...

Same with launchpad: http://www.thomann.de/fr/novation_launchpad.htm

don't expect anything less than around 499 eurocents for PUSH.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:20 am

As far as current users go, it's not all set in stone yet:
Ableton_David wrote: Existing Suite 8 owners will be offered an exclusive introductory discount on upgrades to Live 9 Suite, to be made available upon release. This introductory discount is not yet shown on the website, as Live 9 Suite is not yet available. We apologize for any confusion or frustration from our oversight in not making this discount clear on ableton.com, and ask for your patience as we iron out the kinks in our new site.
So we wait to see what kind of discount on Push they will offer upon introduction.
Or we speculate for weeks on end!

login

Post by login » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:29 am

They will introduce push in feb/march and then by summer they will have a sale.

bastien

Post by bastien » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:05 am

Hermanus wrote:don't expect anything less than around 499 eurocents for PUSH.
At that price I'll buy a hundred. 8O