Ableton Push: Questions & Answers

Discuss Push with other users.
halblaine

Re: Ableton Push: Questions & Answers

Post by halblaine » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:42 am

I actually got the impression that all units did, to a varying degree. I remember there was another person in here who traded in his APC and the next unit was just the same. Plenty of people have this problem. There is a 10 page thread about this:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=117191

I'm not on some Hunter S. Thompson shit here btw. It's not like a bat screech, it's like background static from a television.

So when recording with a condenser mic, the APC always has to be switched off, which makes it half as useful as it should be.

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:23 pm

halblaine wrote:I actually got the impression that all units did, to a varying degree. I remember there was another person in here who traded in his APC and the next unit was just the same. Plenty of people have this problem. There is a 10 page thread about this:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=117191

I'm not on some Hunter S. Thompson shit here btw. It's not like a bat screech, it's like background static from a television.

So when recording with a condenser mic, the APC always has to be switched off, which makes it half as useful as it should be.

My APC absolutely does this, and you have just given me one potential reason to replace the APC with a Push (assuming Push doesn't have that god awful noise). I could not effing believe it the first time I plugged it in and heard that horrible noise.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

re8

Post by re8 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:56 am

Matt_Quinn wrote:My APC absolutely does this, and you have just given me one potential reason to replace the APC with a Push (assuming Push doesn't have that god awful noise). I could not effing believe it the first time I plugged it in and heard that horrible noise.
Oh wow, then I'll have to test out the Push in Guitar Center's quiet room first. Makes the Livid Base more tempting... http://lividinstruments.com/hardware_base.php

unclechinaski

Post by unclechinaski » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:38 pm

Mikkle

Post by Mikkle » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:53 am

unclechinaski wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRrbipqgm24

From NAMM.
That looks great, thanks!

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:16 pm

When using Push to load a new instrument, does it load the instrument without deleting the effects on the track? Do you have the choice between either loading an instrument and delting effects (like double clicking an instrument in the browser) or inserting the instrument (like dragging the instrument into place)?
Professional Shark Jumper.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:48 pm

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I have a question about how Push handles "Swing". In all of the videos that I have seen so far, Push can adjust what is called "Swing". I thought Live 7 was the last version that had "Swing". Live 8 started "Groove". I haven't seen any video yet which has shown Push looking through the Groove pool, or having the ability to adjust parameters in the Groove Pool. Am I missing something?
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:56 am

I expect it controls the "global groove amount", which in L8 is at the top of the groove pane, but in Live 9 it's in the old position of "swing".

kb420

Post by kb420 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:22 am

Angstrom wrote:I expect it controls the "global groove amount", which in L8 is at the top of the groove pane, but in Live 9 it's in the old position of "swing".

Ok. But that still doesn't answer my question about being able to browse the Groove library, and adjust the individual parameters in the Groove Pool from Push without the need to look at the screen. Can you select a different Groove for each clip from Push?
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

nennmichwieduwillst

Post by nennmichwieduwillst » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:20 pm

that samples will browsed directly, was said. thats really good news!
my Q: do we need the xtra load button (like in old live versions with the arrows keys + escpallily enter) or will the samples directly replaced , only by using the next/prev-buttons (like in maschine)?
another qeustion: will the whole simpler instance replaced and all settings overwrite to "defaults" (like "hotswap" by using the pads) or only the sample (like hotswap from the simpler itself)?
i really hope ableton was rewriting some of its unergonomic stuff too!

a Q to live itself (the midi-editor). why is it still yet not possibly to (re)scale existing notes? some more/less useless stuff is integrated, but a basic like key-scaling is missing. i dont understand!
will this coming soon?
Peace. Freedom. Truth!

kb420

Post by kb420 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:52 pm

I guess this thread is dead, and they aren't answering any more questions.
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

anamexis

Post by anamexis » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Are the two rows of thin buttons above the pads RGB, or just a couple colors?

Eventful

Post by Eventful » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:30 am

Angstrom wrote:I expect it controls the "global groove amount", which in L8 is at the top of the groove pane, but in Live 9 it's in the old position of "swing".

If you watch the push intro video, it says that swing is destructive, so the swing knob does not affect "global groove."
funken wrote: The whipping must put air in and this stops it exploding.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:27 am

Eventful wrote:
If you watch the push intro video, it says that swing is destructive, so the swing knob does not affect "global groove."
If that's the case, then "Swing" on Push is something different then, and my original question is still valid.
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

pistacchioso

Post by pistacchioso » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:36 pm

Question: Seeing all the new videos on Push coming out these days from NAMM I wondered how the step sequencer works with odd time signatures. It's all based around 4 - 8 - 32 - 64 "bits" (rows, buttons, steps) and so on. I imagine it working great with standard 4/4, but how does it adjust, for example, if I'm working in "drum mode" and I have a 5/4 or 7/8 time signature, something that doesn't works seamlessly with a power of 2 like 4/4 does?

Thanks