All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:14 am 

Ben_Binary wrote:
Theo Void wrote:
Ya I'm a Live 8 Suite owner and it says my upgrade to Live 9 Suite is $299.00!!!!!
That's fucking insane to me. I really hope we get a significant discount when it's released.
I've dropped ridiculous amounts of$$$$ w/ Ableton. Hoping they hook it up a little.

I'll have to upgrade regardless, but I'm a broke as DJ/Producer. A lil love and customer appreciation would be nice.

+1

Would be nice if they offered a better deal to those who have been supporting them with upgrades for many versions.

they have stated that already, it will be a disccount on release.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:27 am 

login wrote:
Theo Void wrote:
Ya I'm a Live 8 Suite owner and it says my upgrade to Live 9 Suite is $299.00!!!!!
That's fucking insane to me. I really hope we get a significant discount when it's released.
I've dropped ridiculous amounts of$$$$ w/ Ableton. Hoping they hook it up a little.

I'll have to upgrade regardless, but I'm a broke as DJ/Producer. A lil love and customer appreciation would be nice.

Mine seems to have showed up. it's $234 for Suite. Push remains $549 extra so it seems the best bet is to get the upgrade now and wait on Push, get it for $499 or less next summer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:36 am 

Machinesworking wrote:
login wrote:
Theo Void wrote:

Mine seems to have showed up. it's $234 for Suite. Push remains $549 extra so it seems the best bet is to get the upgrade now and wait on Push, get it for $499 or less next summer.

Nah that's same as always, some weird upgrade price if you insist on paying more now. The mysterious special release upgrade pricing remains shrouded in mystery. If you really want to max out your spending you can buy m4L now too. It's almost as much as the upgrade to suite 9, which would indicate the Upgrade alone (Suite 9 upgrade quote minus m4L price) is about $40. That would indeed be a sensational upgrade price. :roll:

What a stupid idea this whole thing is, or certainly badly executed. If there's to be special release pricing for current users, don't show people who would qualify any price now. Or show them the special release price, but greyed out. Or something. But don't put up a link "See your prices" that shows a price that according to them is not the best achievable upgrade price and the disclaimer is on an entirely different page. Is that to trick me into buying anyway or what? And Upgraders to 8 get an early bird special discount, current users of 8 get the chance to pay more?

How can a company so consistently mess up something so elementary as pricing. Utter chaos. Every time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:17 am 

Any guess what the upgrade to live 9 suite from live 8 suite will be? People are mentioning that the cost might change after 9 is actually released.

The current price is 300 for those that have checked their upgrade cost currently?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:12 pm 

Hey Ableton - Any incentive to purchase Max For Live for Live Suite 8 owners?

Maybe my best option is to buy PUSH and Live9 only then avoid Ableton software upadtes til theres a LiveX deal?

soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Maschine 2 / Komplete 9 / OhmForce / MicroTonic / SynPlant / Bitspeak / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / MC-202 / Monotron & Duo / Serato & Dicers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 pm 

Guvnah wrote:
Any guess what the upgrade to live 9 suite from live 8 suite will be? People are mentioning that the cost might change after 9 is actually released.

The current price is 300 for those that have checked their upgrade cost currently?

I have Live 8 suite boxed version and the upgrade to 9 suite is qu0ted at 249 euros

meanwhile I can buy a new Live 8 suite license for 412 euros and upgrade to 9 suite free of charge.

This puts the residual value of my 8 Suite at 163 euros :cry:

Surely this can not be right. can it?

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:56 am 

crumhorn wrote:

I have Live 8 suite boxed version and the upgrade to 9 suite is qu0ted at 249 euros

meanwhile I can buy a new Live 8 suite license for 412 euros and upgrade to 9 suite free of charge.

This puts the residual value of my 8 Suite at 163 euros :cry:

Surely this can not be right. can it?

Don't underestimate 'the man'

Hd

'enjoy what you can while you can'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:33 am 

Actually i am most interested in the price for people who have shelled out in the past (like myself) for a full boxed suite * and a max4life.

As sofar i have only seen mentioning discounts for current suite8 owners. But what about that extra value of already having max4life being calclated somehow in a discount value? Or has it becoe worthless all of a sudden due to the included m4l in suite9.

Would be very unfair if owners and non owners of current m4l would pay the same for the new suite9/m4l.

My gut tell me i will be screwed.....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:20 am 

glennv wrote:
Actually i am most interested in the price for people who have shelled out in the past (like myself) for a full boxed suite * and a max4life.

As sofar i have only seen mentioning discounts for current suite8 owners. But what about that extra value of already having max4life being calclated somehow in a discount value? Or has it becoe worthless all of a sudden due to the included m4l in suite9.

Would be very unfair if owners and non owners of current m4l would pay the same for the new suite9/m4l.

My gut tell me i will be screwed.....

According to initial pricing (not including the error) -50 euros for already owning m4l I believe. Based on what my upgrade price showed compared to others.

However, if you buy something that is later included in a bundle, you're not "screwed". Someone just got a better deal than you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:16 pm 

you all do realize that "included" M4L is just another way of saying "we are now paying cycling 74 money on your behalf" right? like it or not, use it or not, you will be paying for M4L if you buy Live. this means that either:

A. Ableton is paying a percentage of every sale to Cycling 74
or..
B. Ableton has paid Cycling 74 a lump sum amount to license this revision of the software to their user base

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:29 pm 

H20nly wrote:
you all do realize that "included" M4L is just another way of saying "we are now paying cycling 74 money on your behalf" right? like it or not, use it or not, you will be paying for M4L if you buy Live. this means that either:

A. Ableton is paying a percentage of every sale to Cycling 74
or..
B. Ableton has paid Cycling 74 a lump sum amount to license this revision of the software to their user base

Sure, that's one way to look at it. The same could be said for included preset and sample packs. Could also be said for god knows how many products and services in the glorious world of global capitalism.

I prefer not to worry about these things, and just ask "is this worth the price they're asking to me?"

Unless you have any moral objection to cycling getting your money, of course.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:38 pm 

andydes wrote:
Someone just got a better deal than you.

Isn't that the dictionary definition of beeing screwed :-)

Anyway 50 extra off for already owning M4L (if in fact the case) i could definately live with. Now lets wait for the final total package deal when its released.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:51 pm 

I asked Ableton for the cheapest upgradepath from suite8&m4l and they told me I'd only need Live 9 (non Suite). M4L and all instruments from Suite 8 will be updated so I guess except for the glue compressor or the new additional sounds I won't miss anything.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:56 pm 

Perhaps you financial wizards could start with something less complicated like fixing the world economy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 pm 

#1thelark wrote:
I asked Ableton for the cheapest upgradepath from suite8&m4l and they told me I'd only need Live 9 (non Suite). M4L and all instruments from Suite 8 will be updated so I guess except for the glue compressor or the new additional sounds I won't miss anything.

You'll get the glue as well, which is great. Unless you don't need the glue of course, then it's an OUTRAGE!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 65  Next