Connection problem with midi keyboard

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kakakaka

Connection problem with midi keyboard

Post by kakakaka » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi,

I use a MacBook pro with live 8, a Roland A 49 midi keyboard, a M-Audio fast track pro and Der OTO synth (update from OTO biscuit).
I connect my keyboard to my computer using usb port. It works good with any arturia synth plug-ins. But when I want to connect my keyboard to my hard synth (Der Oto) using a midi cable (from midi out port of the A 49 to the midi in port of Der Oto), there is a little problem. The synth works but there is a little click continuously. Does somebody know something about this kind of problem? On protools 10 I find the same result.
I would like to test it with another midi keyboard. I have a LPK 25 Akai which works without midi outport but I don't know how to configure it to use it with the midi ouport from my Fast track pro on Live.
Thank you

eggnchips

Re: Connection problem with midi keyboard

Post by eggnchips » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:48 pm

Maybe there is some sort of Midi feedback going on.
Like your keyboard is sending Midi notes to your synth and your computer is also sending the same Midi from the keyboard back to the synth.
Have you checked the Midi settings on Mac?
Casio keyboard with 48k ZX Spectrum, a couple of tambourines and a triangle.
MUHK RECORDS

kakakaka

Post by kakakaka » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:24 pm

I also think the same as you. But I don't know how to disable the sending of midi signal from the computer to the keyboard. When I installed the driver, a new midi device A 49 appeared. I did all stuff my owner's manual said.

kakakaka

Post by kakakaka » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:55 pm

It's an interesting problem! Anyone uses a usb keyboard with a modular synth? I just find something. If I turn off my synth the midi click continue and go thru the synth. I can hear it on my recorded track. If I touch the key, the noise is increased. If I lift the DI, the noise disappears. The noise go thru the ground of my audio cable and comes from the midi cable between my key and my synth. There is a feedback which comes from my Mac. Anyone knows how to fix that without lift the DI?

eggnchips

Post by eggnchips » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:12 am

Have you had a look at the Midi utilities on Mac?
Casio keyboard with 48k ZX Spectrum, a couple of tambourines and a triangle.
MUHK RECORDS