Bitwait....I mean Bitwig

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sdfak1234

Re: Bitwait....I mean Bitwig

Post by sdfak1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:54 pm

simmerdown wrote:hey what about bitwig

i would like to see a virtual cagematch between funken and sdfak. topic: assumptions

You on the other hand. I'd be happy to, somehow I don't think your rhetoric goes beyond animated gifs.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:00 pm

sdfak1234 wrote: Funken seems cool to me, he has been perfectly valid and civil.
do you mean in this forum?...either you are not following, or you are the funken-Mult

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:02 pm

simmerdown wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote: Funken seems cool to me, he has been perfectly valid and civil.
do you mean in this forum?...either you are not following, or you are the funken-Mult
Just on this thread. You're correct I'm not following I'm only interested in a few topics. I don't get this funken-Mult bit, you're too esoteric for me, enjoy laughing to yourself with your private joke.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:25 pm

sdfak1234 wrote:Philosophy 103: Introduction to Logic
Argumentum Ad Hominem

Abstract: The argument concerning the attack of a person's character or circumstances is characterized and shown to be sometimes persuasive but normally fallacious.

Argumentum ad Hominem (abusive and circumstantial): the fallacy of attacking the character or circumstances of an individual who is advancing a statement or an argument instead of trying to disprove the truth of the statement or the soundness of the argument. Often the argument is characterized simply as a personal attack.

The personal attack is also often termed an "ad personem argument": the statement or argument at issue is dropped from consideration or is ignored, and the locutor's character or circumstances are used to influence opinion.

The fallacy draws its appeal from the technique of "getting personal." The assumption is that what the locutor is saying is entirely or partially dictated by his character or special circumstances and so should be disregarded.

The "tu quoque" or charging the locutor with "being just like the person" the locutor speaking about, is a narrower variety of this fallacy. In other words, rather than trying to disprove a remark about someone's character or circumstances, one accuses the locutor of having the same character or circumstances.

In cross examination or in debate, the point is often expressed as "My point might be bad, but yours is worse."

If the subject includes an assessment of behavior, the point can be put "So I do x [some specific action], but you do too."

Since the circumstantial variety of the ad hominem can be regarded as a special case of the abusive, the distinction between the abusive and the circumstantial is often ignored.
Hint: no one gives a shit about your thesis on debate strategy.

I personally had nothing to say to you in the first place except to call out your douchey comment.

If you want to rap about things like music theory, digital audio signal processing, or electroacoustic/interactive music performance then I'm game. Anything else is just fodder for internet silliness as far as I'm concerned.
Unsound Designer

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:31 pm

stringtapper wrote: Hint: no one gives a shit about your thesis on debate strategy.

I personally had nothing to say to you in the first place except to call out your douchey comment.

If you want to rap about things like music theory, digital audio signal processing, or electroacoustic/interactive music performance then I'm game. Anything else is just fodder for internet silliness as far as I'm concerned.
Hint: I know you've got nothing to say to me, thanks for "calling out" my douchey comment... you really called me out! totally put me in my place with your facepalm gif. I wouldn't waste my time talking about music theory with you, I don't think I could understand your strange esoteric comments, and I don't think I could go back and forth with your gifs.

Double Hint: You can go fuck yourself as well stringtapper 8O 8) :lol: :P :x :oops: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen: :| :( :) :D

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:46 pm

I think I hurt his feelings.
Unsound Designer

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:48 pm

stringtapper wrote:I think I hurt his feelings.
:cry:

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:49 pm

:D

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 am

sdfak1234 wrote:
J0n35y wrote:
I don't want to get into some petty argument with you - it will only piss other forum users right off but I do feel I need to explain where I'm coming from.

I don't care for Bitwig as I am happy with Live. It really is that simple and I'm amazed that this is difficult for you to grasp but then apparently I am the moron. I am well aware it hasn't been released yet - pot and kettle springs to mind judging by your recent posts in favour of the software (how many boxes of Kleenex have you gone through over Bitwig?!).

As I said before, you can say whatever you like, I have no issue with anyone liking Bitwig or any of their super enthusiastic German developers but jumping up and down on Ableton's forum space with a raging boner for Bitwig just doesn't go down well at all. Seems like trolling to me. Harping on about when you joined the forum doesn't improve things much either to be brutally honest.
If you don't want to get into a petty argument, then don't start them, you're the one throwing out comments and calling people twats.. and your stupid childish comments about Kleenex?? yeah, you do need to explain where you're coming from. of course you're happy with Live, that is no reason AT ALL to negate another product, especially one that hasn't had a chance to prove itself... your attitude towards Live has no bearing what so ever on Bitwig. Thats why I called you a moron. That's why I still think you're a moron, how you feel about Live is irrelevant in this discussion, is that difficult to grasp? you fucking idiot. Jumping up and down with a raging boner???.. you must be a child... I'm not jumping up and down about anything, I'm merely pointing out how dumb some of these comments are, especially yours, as if you had actually used Bitwig, you judgmental prick... harping on about when I joined the forum??? you questioned my opinion about Live, do you know what harping on means?? it doesn't mean a single comment. Moron. Bitwig is a direct Ableton competitor, the first one, that's why it's discussed on the Ableton forum, I didn't start the thread, being an experienced Ableton user is the reason why I discuss Bitwig, because it fulfills the needs and desires of long time Ableton users.

Now this is my last words to you, don't waste your time speaking to me again... You've got nothing to contribute, you are a fucking idiot, if you happy with Ableton Live, use it, don't even bother getting into a discussion about Bitwig.. .what is difficult grasp?? difficult to grasp how you get involved in a Bitwig discussion when apparently it's irrelevant to you... go away and play with your toys little boy.
I'd like us to focus more on this accusation of him having a raging boner. Ever since I sewed a cock over my vagina and stapled a pair of crocodile nuts behind it, I've rather come to enjoy being able to have a raging boner, and indeed enjoy jumping around when I have one.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

simpli.cissimus

Post by simpli.cissimus » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:46 am

@sdfak1234

I think you're way too smart for the kids here.(they just don't know)

No matter what arguments you deliver and how good and logical they are.
You can't win!

Their arguments are worthless and childish.

Half of them will in two years be the greatest Bitwig fans
and claim they always were from the beginning.

A good software makes it's way...
No! I'll never use the Push-App Live 9 !!!

SpeedKing

Post by SpeedKing » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:54 am

sdfak1234 wrote:
stringtapper wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote:in the time it took to release 9, I personally could've written Ableton Live from scratch on my own.
believe it. I own a software company.
And this is where I call BS. I doubt someone with an apparent knowledge of how software is created and updated would say this. I'm not saying you don't own a software company, but what I am saying is that there is a 0% chance you own a company with a single product as large and complex as Ableton Live (which is totally fine BTW). Because either you don't *really* know what you're talking about, or you just know sort of what you're talking about, just enough to sound like you do, but you really don't.

Not belittling any small software company, but in order to make an insulting claim like you (or your company) could re-write Ableton Live from scratch, either you have to give proof, or you have to admit that you're lying. Because right now you sound like a guy on a bodybuilding forum who says he's 19 years old and can bench 700 pounds.

EDIT: And for the record, I'm not emotionally invested in Ableton. I like it, and I think it does what it does great. And I don't hate Bitwig, and I don't hope or wish that they'll fail. In fact, I hope version 1.0 is great. But yeah, don't make an outrageous claim without having any proof to back it up.

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:44 am

SpeedKing wrote: And this is where I call BS. I doubt someone with an apparent knowledge of how software is created and updated would say this. I'm not saying you don't own a software company, but what I am saying is that there is a 0% chance you own a company with a single product as large and complex as Ableton Live (which is totally fine BTW). Because either you don't *really* know what you're talking about, or you just know sort of what you're talking about, just enough to sound like you do, but you really don't.

Not belittling any small software company, but in order to make an insulting claim like you (or your company) could re-write Ableton Live from scratch, either you have to give proof, or you have to admit that you're lying. Because right now you sound like a guy on a bodybuilding forum who says he's 19 years old and can bench 700 pounds.

EDIT: And for the record, I'm not emotionally invested in Ableton. I like it, and I think it does what it does great. And I don't hate Bitwig, and I don't hope or wish that they'll fail. In fact, I hope version 1.0 is great. But yeah, don't make an outrageous claim without having any proof to back it up.
It is a small company. I'm not going to prove anything to you. To prove that statement is true I'd have to actually do it, which of course I'm not willing to do...(obviously what a retarded comment?) I think you guys have taken this a little bit too far, I do vaguely know what is involved in such a project and I BELIEVE I could do it, I could be wrong, to think that I could even make that statement with 100% certainly is absolutely stupid, and by the way, any software developer would know that... I never thought anyone would take that 100% literally. I am however 100% certain that I could've made the Live 9 updates in 3 years... please don't bother arguing this point any further because it's OBVIOUSLY POINTLESS. "just enough to sound like you do, but you really don't".. well that's going to be helpful on a forum huh? this is where I say what your saying is BS. "insulting comment" how the fuck is that insulting? 3 years would be enough for most software projects, there are companies that write entire operating systems in that time.

See what you're doing here is that stupid ad hominem shit again, instead of addressing the argument and the issue at hand, you're focusing on something that isn't even relevant and thinking that somehow makes all my statements false, get the fuck out of here. Wasting my time.

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:51 am

simpli.cissimus wrote:@sdfak1234

I think you're way too smart for the kids here.(they just don't know)

No matter what arguments you deliver and how good and logical they are.
You can't win!

Their arguments are worthless and childish.

Half of them will in two years be the greatest Bitwig fans
and claim they always were from the beginning.

A good software makes it's way...

I know man, most of these kids are fucking retarded, I actually enjoy watching them squirm and clutch with their comebacks, it's hilarious.

Thanks for calling me smart BTW, by far the most positive comment I've received on this forum!

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:02 am

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:07 am

speechless huh? nothing to say?? hahhahhhahahaah

see whats cool about this argument, is that we're going to find out this year whether Bitwig were able to do everything Ableton done in the time it took them to get 1 update out! So we can come back to this thread later.