M-Audio Oxygen 49 and Ableton Midi mapping?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
buckman

M-Audio Oxygen 49 and Ableton Midi mapping?

Post by buckman » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:02 pm

I have the new M-Audio Oxygen v3 49 keyboard and using with Ableton

As this has transport controls, I thought i would Midi map them manually for speed (play, stop, record, cycle) etc

However I did set up the midi button and then pressed the corresponding transport buttons on the Oxygen, and the CC numbers lit up inside the Ableton buttons.

My problem is that when i press Record (for example) or Loop/Cycle, just once it turns it on/off really quick?

This is my first time doing cc messages, how do i get around this and do i need a seperate message for record and loop off?

The play button seems to work ok

buckman

Re: M-Audio Oxygen 49 and Ableton Midi mapping?

Post by buckman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:57 am

Bump anyone?

sham-79

Post by sham-79 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:13 pm

I have the same problem on mine (Oxygen 60 something), it should be possible to set up a macro as a work around but I don't know how and couldn’t be bothered in the end to find out. If I do stumble across the answer I'll post it here. In The mean time this little glitch can turn your Oxygen foot controller in to a really useful drop in (push down) drop out (release) device.

S

shmoo

Post by shmoo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:11 am

on pg. 21 of the manual it explains how you could set the button to "on" when held down and "off" when let go?

ayamevol

Post by ayamevol » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:04 pm

bump

just startet using my oxygen 49 v3 again.

have the same problem as describe above.

everything is autoassigning, the macrocontrols the faders...

but the transport buttons dont work. tryed to midi assign them but it seems like its taking the commands twice, when i hit the button and when i release the button. with stop and play its not too much of a problem. but the important record button just wont work...

any solutions on this problem so far? also just installed the latest driver for oxygen...

raphael :)

condra

Post by condra » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:58 pm

Have you guys named the Oxygen in Lives Prefs, and turned on MIDI Track and Remote?

Also are you using Preset 10 on the Oxygen?

Earwax69

Post by Earwax69 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:54 am

Hi guys, I want to get this keyboard as it is affordable here in Japan. (most others are 300-400$).

I've only used keyboards without buttons so far and was wondering if the sliders and transport mapping is automatic.

EDIT: Damn, the Oxygen is not in stock anymore here. I'll have to go with the Alesis QX49.