Looking for a place to promote music and find an audience.

Share your tracks with other users.
herbertson

Looking for a place to promote music and find an audience.

Post by herbertson » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:34 pm

We're a band called Head Light, and we are from Iceland.

We have the songs and everything seems ready, we've been in the studio just creating the concept for 2-3 years and now we are ready to take it out of the bunker.

This is one of our songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO974i0OvQI

So the question i have for everybody here is: Where do i find a website or place to promote this kind of music? Where do we find the audience? Everywhere we look we find sites that promote a more kind of dance oriented music, but our music is a kind of Space Pop, it's electronic but it's not really like dance music i guess.

We know about sites like beatport and stuff like that but are there any more mediums that we can use to reach an audience?
We dont have a manager and we don't really know how to do the business and promotion side of things, but we are really good at playing live and making the music.

Being a band that comes from a really small country we really feel like this place is too small for us and we are looking for ways to like find listeners and gain an audience.

Soo any help and advice would be really nice , thanks.

numusicmachine

Re: Looking for a place to promote music and find an audience.

Post by numusicmachine » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:08 am

Herbertson-

Try Bandcamp. It's free, you can make money, and there is a nice mix of artists of all genres on there. Just recently they introduced something where fans can recommend stuff to their friends.

And you can charge whatever you want.

I don't think being from Iceland should be a disadvantage. You should play that up, if anything.

You can be the band from Iceland that doesn't sound like those more famous artists.

My other suggestion, if you want to reach the beatport crowd, is to put out stems of your tracks for remixers.

TmanRocksTheBoat

Post by TmanRocksTheBoat » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:18 am

You guys have a great sound. I don't have any suggestions as to where to promote, but I want to let you guys know that you're doing a fantastic job and to keep to good stuff coming!

herbertson

Post by herbertson » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:00 am

Thanks alot :D We'll keep on making music for sure :D
Hopefully we will find our audience :D

numusicmachine

Post by numusicmachine » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Hey what about my suggestions?

I thought they were pretty good, I actually thought about it.

Not helping?