All times are UTC

 
 



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Are you getting PUSH?
Yes, on march 5 33%  33%  [ 65 ]
Yes, later when the price goes down 32%  32%  [ 63 ]
No. 34%  34%  [ 67 ]
Total votes : 195
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Are you getting PUSH?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:21 pm 

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:24 pm
Posts: 32
humnumb wrote:
TheDreamisReaL wrote:
It's time for NI to invest in Maschine, a overhaul of software is much needed I do believe it has the opportunity to advance to a complete daw like workstation but simple things like a mixer and a straightforward way to arrange the songs is much needed, that scenes bs needs to go....

Funny because Maschine does have "simple things like a mixer and a straightforward way to arrange the songs". Maybe you're expecting it to behave and look like something else that you're already used to instead of bothering to learn to use it on its own terms? I don't agree that it should "advance to a complete daw like workstation" if by that you mean that it should work like most traditional full-on DAWs with a linear timeline and bloated mouse-centric features. What do you find to be bs about scenes? It's very similar to Live's scenes and clips in session view. It even had realtime recording of clip automation (which Live still doesn't have, until Live 9 is released) when it first came out 4 years ago.


no legit mixer in maschine and by far the number one most hated thing from producers i work with on a regular basis who use maschine day in day out is the scene mode & arranging and one of the main reasons the were ready to trade for the MPC Ren as soon as it came out.... when were getting ready to track out the record they use drag and drop or export...from what ive seen with maschine users is that the scene mode is just not straightforward when it comes to arranging a complete song can it be done yes not saying it cant....one of the big reasons people have loved the mpc is because of simple things like song mode, pad layers, real good time stretching and its what has kept the mpc around for a long time: workflow. 1.8's major feature update was offline time stretching to me it made no sense when they first launched maschine to not include time stretching all the sampling abilities but no time stretch but it had clip automation lmao! the only similar thing about scene mode compared to ableton scenes is the name other than that they arent even close.......

i do think there next update needs to be major multi colored and a time stretch isn't anything ground breaking......all it takes is a trip over to maschine forums and see what maschine users are requesting and that scene mode comes up a lot as well as key things like multicore, sidechaining, mixer, pad layering things that should be standard on a product like that....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you getting PUSH?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:39 pm 

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:02 pm
Posts: 761
Location: South of London
TheDreamisReaL wrote:
that can't be 110% deal breaker for a controller like push, slice to drum rack takes all of 5-10 seconds depending on how long the sample is your slicing and BAM its there with my slice preset and macros setup ready to go.....

Does Live's automatic analysis of the audio always produce perfect transient points? My experience so far is that it does a good job some of the time but not always. With no way that I can see to set a threshold and see it change the transients in real time then you will need to resort to manual placement. Maybe I'll just need to suck it up and accept that Live will never have a good workflow for this using a controller.
..btw I'm about 90% sold on Push at the moment but this is quite an important factor for me as I'm used to using a hardware sampler where I CAN do all my chopping from the controller.
My feeling is that if Ableton got this right a LOT of guys might migrate from Maschine.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
the Macros can be used to adjust loop start/end points among other..

The problem is that the start/end points are based on a percentage placed between the two start/end markers. These Markers are based on your slicing preset instructions i.e transients/Warp Marker/Bar etc. Which is fine if it gets these things in the right place. As far as I can see there is no way to map these Marker points on either Simpler or Sampler, so you're left with going back to the mouse.
I don't quite understand the logic behind what the devs decided should be mappable. I read a post by one of the devs as to why they chose not to allow this in Sampler (in that you will have multiple samples) but at the very least this should be an option.


This is all hurting my brain trying to decide between Maschine & Push and I might just end up getting both.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you getting PUSH?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:48 pm 

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:24 pm
Posts: 32
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... p?t=184446

These are you Maschine users discussing ideas and I think NI NEEDS TO LISTEN UP!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you getting PUSH?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:59 pm 

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:24 pm
Posts: 32
panten wrote:
TheDreamisReaL wrote:
that can't be 110% deal breaker for a controller like push, slice to drum rack takes all of 5-10 seconds depending on how long the sample is your slicing and BAM its there with my slice preset and macros setup ready to go.....

Does Live's automatic analysis of the audio always produce perfect transient points? My experience so far is that it does a good job some of the time but not always. With no way that I can see to set a threshold and see it change the transients in real time then you will need to resort to manual placement. Maybe I'll just need to suck it up and accept that Live will never have a good workflow for this using a controller.
..btw I'm about 90% sold on Push at the moment but this is quite an important factor for me as I'm used to using a hardware sampler where I CAN do all my chopping from the controller.
My feeling is that if Ableton got this right a LOT of guys might migrate from Maschine.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
the Macros can be used to adjust loop start/end points among other..

The problem is that the start/end points are based on a percentage placed between the two start/end markers. These Markers are based on your slicing preset instructions i.e transients/Warp Marker/Bar etc. Which is fine if it gets these things in the right place. As far as I can see there is no way to map these Marker points on either Simpler or Sampler, so you're left with going back to the mouse.
I don't quite understand the logic behind what the devs decided should be mappable. I read a post by one of the devs as to why they chose not to allow this in Sampler (in that you will have multiple samples) but at the very least this should be an option.


This is all hurting my brain trying to decide between Maschine & Push and I might just end up getting both.


The slicer preset i use if for simple thing like release, filters and other common functions but depending on the sample Live offers multiple ways to sample and is wayyyyyy more flexible than maschine will ever be with its ability shift and bend audio.....I think the Dev's decided against it because Sampler is used in some many different ways and so many different controls they said let the user map what they want to control depending on there project.....Live was my transition away from my MPC4000 and once I finally sat down and understood it I haven't looked back, if this is Push on v1 its going to be alot of folks giving Push the green light.....how soon these Maschine users forget what they looked like on v1 I think akai and ableton did a great job with development and of course as with anything there is room to grow


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you getting PUSH?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:00 am 

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:07 am
Posts: 1426
I will definitely be getting Push at or near release, but the more videos I see of Dennis DeSantis doing nearly the same step sequencer workflow every time, the more my excitement fades for it.

I got the APC in early 2010 primarily for the clip-launching abilities, but since I've had it I have found so many little things that I like even more than the clip grid (dedicated hardware metronome/device on/off/quantize/overdub/clip/track buttons, Arm/Solo/Track On/Off buttons etc.)

I am excited at the prospects of Push having lots more things I can do with the hardware (Hardware undo, destructive swing etc.) as well as a dedicated controller AND instrument in one, but like what Angstrom said yesterday, the heavy emphasis on the step sequencing (and the fact that it's strictly drum-rack-only sequencing) feels like a very mid-to-late-90s workflow, in a way that doesn't really jell for me so much.

If they find a way to enable moving clips (i.e. drop audio loops onto MIDI kits) via hardware, that will be an awesome mouse-reducer (mousetrap?) for me.

Fingers crossed the homebrew community for it will not have any issues accessing the functions and putting out killer new ways to use it, but for now I'm very much metering my expectations


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you getting PUSH?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:10 am 

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:24 pm
Posts: 32
agent314 wrote:
I will definitely be getting Push at or near release, but the more videos I see of Dennis DeSantis doing nearly the same step sequencer workflow every time, the more my excitement fades for it.

I got the APC in early 2010 primarily for the clip-launching abilities, but since I've had it I have found so many little things that I like even more than the clip grid (dedicated hardware metronome/device on/off/quantize/overdub/clip/track buttons, Arm/Solo/Track On/Off buttons etc.)

I am excited at the prospects of Push having lots more things I can do with the hardware (Hardware undo, destructive swing etc.) as well as a dedicated controller AND instrument in one, but like what Angstrom said yesterday, the heavy emphasis on the step sequencing (and the fact that it's strictly drum-rack-only sequencing) feels like a very mid-to-late-90s workflow, in a way that doesn't really jell for me so much.

If they find a way to enable moving clips (i.e. drop audio loops onto MIDI kits) via hardware, that will be an awesome mouse-reducer (mousetrap?) for me.

Fingers crossed the homebrew community for it will not have any issues accessing the functions and putting out killer new ways to use it, but for now I'm very much metering my expectations


Poor Dennis lol but there are some really cool videos by users recently using Push in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7V_lrhZOW0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmQYNuu4 ... Fkcv4cFc2S


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you getting PUSH?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:21 am 

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 360
it seems to me that the push is geared more towards the 'song production' session, and not the 'sound design' session, phases of music creation. So there may well be a great deal of mouse-based sample selection and loop chopping in order to produce a given instrument rack, but once those instruments are created, then the process of song creation is where the push truly comes into its own. I have always agreed with the idea that the creative song production session should be divorced from the more critical sound design sessions, so this sort of restriction doesnt bother me overmuch. The way i work now, i have a few tracks with racks containing dozens of instruments, so i can dial in the appropriate one to any given situation. The push workflow would allow me to do the same sort of thing, without having to have all those tracks and racks created a priori.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you getting PUSH?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:23 am 

Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:27 pm
Posts: 636
TheDreamisReaL wrote:
no legit mixer in maschine
Maschine does have a legit mixer, and it is easy to mix with especially for a person that knows how to actually mix and it's accurate.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
and by far the number one most hated thing from producers i work with on a regular basis who use maschine day in day out is the scene mode & arranging and one of the main reasons the were ready to trade for the MPC Ren as soon as it came out.... when were getting ready to track out the record they use drag and drop or export...from what ive seen with maschine users is that the scene mode is just not straightforward when it comes to arranging a complete song can it be done yes not saying it cant....
Why are all these producers working with Maschine "on a regular basis" "day in day out" then if they hate that so much? Surely there's a better alternative they should be using instead if it bothers them that much for their regular "day in day out" productions?

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
one of the big reasons people have loved the mpc is because of simple things like song mode
lol First, off Maschine is not MPC. Maschine's scenes/pattern/group paradigm is different from MPC's track/program/sequence so you should probably try to wrap your head around the difference first. Maschine's way of doing things doesn't work like MPC's rudimentary song mode where you tell each sequence how many times to play.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
pad layers
It's very easy to layer in Maschine. You can layer multiple samples to the same pad or use the Pad Link feature.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
real good time stretching
Sorry but MPCs have never had "real good time stretching". The time stretching found on MPCs that had them were always piss poor in quality.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
and its what has kept the mpc around for a long time: workflow.
The hands-on mouseless workflow is the main strength of Maschine. So much so that it forced Akai to kill the hardware MPC and try to catch up to Maschine in their half-assed attempt to copy the software/hardware hybrid concept and failed hard with a bug-ridden, crash-prone wannabe beta product.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
the only similar thing about scene mode compared to ableton scenes is the name other than that they arent even close.......
Nonsense. There are many similar things about Maschine's scenes and Ableton's scenes, not just that they are both called scenes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you getting PUSH?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:49 am 

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:24 pm
Posts: 32
8O
humnumb wrote:
TheDreamisReaL wrote:
no legit mixer in maschine
Maschine does have a legit mixer, and it is easy to mix with especially for a person that knows how to actually mix and it's accurate.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
and by far the number one most hated thing from producers i work with on a regular basis who use maschine day in day out is the scene mode & arranging and one of the main reasons the were ready to trade for the MPC Ren as soon as it came out.... when were getting ready to track out the record they use drag and drop or export...from what ive seen with maschine users is that the scene mode is just not straightforward when it comes to arranging a complete song can it be done yes not saying it cant....
Why are all these producers working with Maschine "on a regular basis" "day in day out" then if they hate that so much? Surely there's a better alternative they should be using instead if it bothers them that much for their regular "day in day out" productions?

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
one of the big reasons people have loved the mpc is because of simple things like song mode
lol First, off Maschine is not MPC. Maschine's scenes/pattern/group paradigm is different from MPC's track/program/sequence so you should probably try to wrap your head around the difference first. Maschine's way of doing things doesn't work like MPC's rudimentary song mode where you tell each sequence how many times to play.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
pad layers
It's very easy to layer in Maschine. You can layer multiple samples to the same pad or use the Pad Link feature.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
real good time stretching
Sorry but MPCs have never had "real good time stretching". The time stretching found on MPCs that had them were always piss poor in quality.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
and its what has kept the mpc around for a long time: workflow.
The hands-on mouseless workflow is the main strength of Maschine. So much so that it forced Akai to kill the hardware MPC and try to catch up to Maschine in their half-assed attempt to copy the software/hardware hybrid concept and failed hard with a bug-ridden, crash-prone wannabe beta product.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
the only similar thing about scene mode compared to ableton scenes is the name other than that they arent even close.......
Nonsense. There are many similar things about Maschine's scenes and Ableton's scenes, not just that they are both called scenes.


8O 8O 8O Whatever your smoking stop right now and go to the closest emergency room lol!

1. There is no such of think of quality mixing and side chaining isn't involved its one of the most useful features for engineers and the mixing process....wake up nobody is mixing in Maschine no matter what you think that is not its lane at all and no its not accurate lol

2. Where do you think the concept of maschine came from???? NI created yea not reall show some respect the whole design of

3. Maschine is only being used as drum sampler on those day in day out basis and this was prior to the MPC Ren coming out so as of late im seeing less and less of the frustrations on trying to build full songs in that shitty scenes mode its just a waste of time....and I didn't say everybody only a few use it as a tool its not there end all be all its just a tool mainly for drums.....sound familar lol

4. Time Stretching in my MPC 4000 never had an issue and damn didn't maschine just get it after years of so called development bah wahhhh and that crap is the cheap version offline timestretching

5. Disrespectful to ever call an MPC a copy cat, there would be no Maschine if it wasn't for the many generations of MPC's.....NI beat them to punch by releasing a underdeveloped so called sampler with no time stretch and pay layer features still suck maschine pad link and pay layering are different duhhhhhh....Your welcome

6.Abletons scene mode is by far more flexible and creative I have never ever heard someone say something so stupid they should kick you off ableton forum to even daring to compare them.....and why arent all yall maschiners on NI forum lol

There is nothing dead about the MPC Ren i tell you what they are actually listening to the users and adding features that are high on the list, NI gave you time stretching two years late and some flashing pads.....dead

Its funny how you forget that the very Maschine you plan on making babies with is the same maschine that was also crash prone in early development and struggled in its early software releases.......

I suggest you wake up and see that these companies are doing what NI hasn't done and actually developing not just taking you money and leaving you hanging......

Go sit down and quit typing wasting your keystrokes 8) 8) 8) 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you getting PUSH?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:14 am 

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:24 pm
Posts: 32
if you guys want to know true pro's and con's of Maschine head over to the NI forum and get some real insight these fan boys here clearly think Maschine is the most innovative thing to happen to music production and its not this concept of a drum machine that samples and sequences was created a long time ago by Roger Linn and made famous by Akai not Native Instruments the only thing they did was develop a controller for software nothing that will be remembered when we look back on it....Look at Native Instruments track record they had some special with Kore and they killed it, they had something going with Battery and they stopped developing it.....It wouldn't shock me to see them do the same to Maschine even though its there most popular product outside of Kontakt & Traktor......The seem to be stalling on updates and they dont come often which is a bad sign and when 1.8 hit it was nothing that shouldn't have already been there.....time stretching isn't a update for sampler thats a requirement that they waited two years to include.....to be honest I wouldn't trust there path for Maschine at all

Push is innovation even though there have been other controllers similar but not with this concept and software to back it up.....If this is Ableton's version 1 of Push and you compared it to Maschine version 1 it doesn't add up not close at all and this is why you cant compare the two....Push is going to be a game changer....Push is the controller people have wanted for the most creative DAW and this is a nightmare for Native Instruments because now the pressure is on....Dont fall for the hype of Maschine NI has a rep of killing off great products because they think they know whats best and dont listen to there supporters.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you getting PUSH?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:40 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:16 pm
Posts: 467
Stuff like that is no for me. I think I need to learn Live a lot more before I get something like that.
That is like me buying a PRS 22 Custom and I don't play guitar well enough to go that route.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you getting PUSH?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:53 am 

Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:27 pm
Posts: 636
TheDreamisReaL wrote:
1. There is no such of think of quality mixing and side chaining isn't involved its one of the most useful features for engineers and the mixing process....wake up nobody is mixing in Maschine no matter what you think that is not its lane at all and no its not accurate lol
Wrong. People do mix in Maschine, including former MPC users, and I've noticed that some even prefer mixing in it over anything else. Built-in sidechaining is coming but you can sidechain with plugins in the meantime. Oh, and Maschine's mixer is far more intuitive and actually useful than that joke of a mixer on the Ren. Just take a look at all the complaints on the MPC forum.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
2. Where do you think the concept of maschine came from????
Native Instruments, specifically Reaktor developers. They looked at a lot more than the MPC when they designed Maschine. They took the best parts of what already existed: Electribe (x0x step sequencer, motion sequencing, dedicated mute/solo), Machinedrum (step parameter lock), RM1X/RS7K (group mute/solo), Ableton Live (session view), MPC (16 pads, note repeat, swing, sampling/slicing) and even more old school analog step sequencers (pitch, velocity, position).

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
3. Maschine is only being used as drum sampler on those day in day out basis and this was prior to the MPC Ren coming out so as of late im seeing less and less of the frustrations on trying to build full songs in that shitty scenes mode its just a waste of time....
They must be enjoying all the bugs and crashes on the Ren. Notice all the Maschine-specific features being requested in the MPC forums lately?

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
4. Time Stretching in my MPC 4000 never had an issue and damn didn't maschine just get it after years of so called development bah wahhhh and that crap is the cheap version offline timestretching
No. The offline time stretching on hardware MPCs used archaic algorithms that was laughably piss poor in quality compared to the timestretching on Maschine.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
NI beat them to punch by releasing a underdeveloped so called sampler
I guess that's why Akai were forced to respond by killing off their entire hardware MPC line in a desperate attempt to catch up to Maschine in their half-assed attempt to copy the software/hardware hybrid concept and failed hard with a bug-ridden, crash-prone wannabe beta product, huh?

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
6.Abletons scene mode is by far more flexible and creative
lol So now you're backpedalling from "the only similar thing about scene mode compared to ableton scenes is the name other than that they arent even close" to it's "more flexible and creative". :lol:

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
There is nothing dead about the MPC Ren i tell you what they are actually listening to the users and adding features that are high on the list, NI gave you time stretching two years late and some flashing pads.....dead
Sorry to break it to ya but Akai has nothing on NI's dev resources. Akai is only forced to play the software dev game for the first time and it shows. Akai has no excuse anymore to ignore users by never fixing bugs or releasing updates, precisely because their users have seen how responsive to the Maschine users that NI has been with their constant updates that set an example.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
Its funny how you forget that the very Maschine you plan on making babies with is the same maschine that was also crash prone in early development and struggled in its early software releases.......
Nice try. :lol: It's too funny how desperate MPC fanboys are by spreading outright lies about Maschine. Maschine has been very stable from very early on and had nowhere near the amount of bugs that the Ren still has. All of this is well documented.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you getting PUSH?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:10 am 

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:24 pm
Posts: 32
humnumb wrote:
TheDreamisReaL wrote:
1. There is no such of think of quality mixing and side chaining isn't involved its one of the most useful features for engineers and the mixing process....wake up nobody is mixing in Maschine no matter what you think that is not its lane at all and no its not accurate lol
Wrong. People do mix in Maschine, including former MPC users, and I've noticed that some even prefer mixing in it over anything else. Built-in sidechaining is coming but you can sidechain with plugins in the meantime. Oh, and Maschine's mixer is far more intuitive and actually useful than that joke of a mixer on the Ren. Just take a look at all the complaints on the MPC forum.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
2. Where do you think the concept of maschine came from????
Native Instruments, specifically Reaktor developers. They looked at a lot more than the MPC when they designed Maschine. They took the best parts of what already existed: Electribe (x0x step sequencer, motion sequencing, dedicated mute/solo), Machinedrum (step parameter lock), RM1X/RS7K (group mute/solo), Ableton Live (session view), MPC (16 pads, note repeat, swing, sampling/slicing) and even more old school analog step sequencers (pitch, velocity, position).

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
3. Maschine is only being used as drum sampler on those day in day out basis and this was prior to the MPC Ren coming out so as of late im seeing less and less of the frustrations on trying to build full songs in that shitty scenes mode its just a waste of time....
They must be enjoying all the bugs and crashes on the Ren. Notice all the Maschine-specific features being requested in the MPC forums lately?



TheDreamisReaL wrote:
4. Time Stretching in my MPC 4000 never had an issue and damn didn't maschine just get it after years of so called development bah wahhhh and that crap is the cheap version offline timestretching
No. The offline time stretching on hardware MPCs used archaic algorithms that was laughably piss poor in quality compared to the timestretching on Maschine.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
NI beat them to punch by releasing a underdeveloped so called sampler
I guess that's why Akai were forced to respond by killing off their entire hardware MPC line in a desperate attempt to catch up to Maschine in their half-assed attempt to copy the software/hardware hybrid concept and failed hard with a bug-ridden, crash-prone wannabe beta product, huh?

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
6.Abletons scene mode is by far more flexible and creative
lol So now you're backpedalling from "the only similar thing about scene mode compared to ableton scenes is the name other than that they arent even close" to it's "more flexible and creative". :lol:

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
There is nothing dead about the MPC Ren i tell you what they are actually listening to the users and adding features that are high on the list, NI gave you time stretching two years late and some flashing pads.....dead
Sorry to break it to ya but Akai has nothing on NI's dev resources. Akai is only forced to play the software dev game for the first time and it shows. Akai has no excuse anymore to ignore users by never fixing bugs or releasing updates, precisely because their users have seen how responsive to the Maschine users that NI has been with their constant updates that set an example.

TheDreamisReaL wrote:
Its funny how you forget that the very Maschine you plan on making babies with is the same maschine that was also crash prone in early development and struggled in its early software releases.......
Nice try. :lol: It's too funny how desperate MPC fanboys are by spreading outright lies about Maschine. Maschine has been very stable from very early on and had nowhere near the amount of bugs that the Ren still has. All of this is well documented.


of course mr.maschine master of the universe maschine has never fell from its royalty and its always been soooooo stable.......STOP

Tell that to somebody that doesn't actually work in studio and have seen just how unstable it was......wake me up when you actually talk about ableton or push


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you getting PUSH?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:13 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:28 pm
Posts: 1322
TheDreamisReaL wrote:
Look at Native Instruments track record they had some special with Kore and they killed it, they had something going with Battery and they stopped developing it.....It wouldn't shock me to see them do the same to Maschine even though its there most popular product outside of Kontakt & Traktor......

Actually NI has been very clear about the future of Maschine:

"Maschine has become one of the central products in the NI portfolio in record time, it has one of the biggest team of developers, designers and product managers behind it and a comprehensive roadmap ahead of it. The notion that it could be considered for discontinuation is just completely nonsensical.

To put some perspective on the hysteria that some people have been trying to whip up: Traktor and Kontakt have been in constant development for 10 years, and Reaktor has been maintained since 15 years now. There is no reason to believe that Maschine will not progress and grow further for at least the same amount of time."
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... stcount=36

Discontinuing Kore was necessary for NI to move forward:
"Excluding Kore from the future roadmap gives the developers more time for all the other products, so in that sense it makes further discontinuations less likely in the first place."

"all other current products will continue to be developed for a long time to come, with absolutely no plans to the contrary. You can take that as an official word from me."
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... stcount=16

Also, all of those "discontinued" products still work today just as they were supposed to when they came out, even on current operating systems. And NI's past treatment of defunct products has shown that they generally maintain functionality in one form or another. B4 and Akoustic Pianos were essentially reincarnated as Kontakt soundpacks (Vintage Organs and the Piano series) and are now rolled into Komplete. Ditto Spektral Delay and Vokator, whose functionality is mimicked and exceeded by various Reaktor ensembles.


Last edited by delicioso on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you getting PUSH?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:58 am 

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:24 pm
Posts: 32
Mannnn please I haven't been a MPC user in a long time but I respect the history of it and if your a real producer you should as well. It's one thing to talk abou Maschine but y'all mitches go overboard with the Maschine talks I'm just tired of y'all running your mouths about Maschine this Maschine that I bet both of y'all music you making with Maschine sound just like your weak comments TRASH......Any time you wanna post up those homemade hobby beats your making in your apartment it can go down if not sit back shut the fuk up and save those keystrokes.....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC

 
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group