Are you getting PUSH?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Are you getting PUSH?

Yes, on march 5
33%
Yes, later when the price goes down
32%
No.
34%

Total votes: 195

humnumb

Re: Are you getting PUSH?

Post by humnumb » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:50 am

If you can't take the heat get yo' ass out the kitchen. :twisted: No need for a dick measuring contest.

login

Post by login » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:04 am

Today there was apresentation event around here, I think the only think that is comon to both maschine and push is the groove box side.

Control of Live is totally different and better on push.

Sampling is better on maschine.

But I think given push capabilities someone could develop a m4l device or script to hande sampling in a better way.

The pads on push seems harder, quite responsive.

I will get it as soon it goes down in price 600 is just too much for a controller, even if it's beatifull and well constructed.

pat the dog

Post by pat the dog » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:08 am

Nope. Always preferred playing on keys than pads, also when it comes to drums. Plenty of controller knobs already on my Novation SL. So I'd probably only really use a Push for clip launching and maybe step sequencing which looks pretty cool.

I'm actually hoping the release of Push will bring the price of the Launchpad even lower which will probably be my next purchase. Or otherwise an iPad with a clip launching app.

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:34 pm

People who take a post and quote each sentence with a specific response to ensure they refute the all of your post just look like douchebags.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:03 pm

skatr2 wrote:People who take a post and quote each sentence with a specific response to ensure they refute the all of your post just look like douchebags.
this.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:40 am

stupid fanboy is probably the source of that kind of situation.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:58 am

comfortably numb.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:42 am

all the awful step sequencer videos have been turning me off Push, but this one has got me interested again, not necessarily as a substitute for my 88 key controller, but as a good mobile controller:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhPuxyBiHgo

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:08 am

Best Push video so far (turn on sound in the corner)
video

panten

Post by panten » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:54 am

Another great Push vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KGRZuWXVhA
*WARNING* not for the faint hearted.

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:32 pm

humnumb wrote:
TheDreamisReaL wrote:1. There is no such of think of quality mixing and side chaining isn't involved its one of the most useful features for engineers and the mixing process....wake up nobody is mixing in Maschine no matter what you think that is not its lane at all and no its not accurate lol
Wrong. People do mix in Maschine, including former MPC users, and I've noticed that some even prefer mixing in it over anything else. Built-in sidechaining is coming but you can sidechain with plugins in the meantime. Oh, and Maschine's mixer is far more intuitive and actually useful than that joke of a mixer on the Ren. Just take a look at all the complaints on the MPC forum.
TheDreamisReaL wrote:2. Where do you think the concept of maschine came from????
Native Instruments, specifically Reaktor developers. They looked at a lot more than the MPC when they designed Maschine. They took the best parts of what already existed: Electribe (x0x step sequencer, motion sequencing, dedicated mute/solo), Machinedrum (step parameter lock), RM1X/RS7K (group mute/solo), Ableton Live (session view), MPC (16 pads, note repeat, swing, sampling/slicing) and even more old school analog step sequencers (pitch, velocity, position).
TheDreamisReaL wrote:3. Maschine is only being used as drum sampler on those day in day out basis and this was prior to the MPC Ren coming out so as of late im seeing less and less of the frustrations on trying to build full songs in that shitty scenes mode its just a waste of time....
They must be enjoying all the bugs and crashes on the Ren. Notice all the Maschine-specific features being requested in the MPC forums lately?
TheDreamisReaL wrote:4. Time Stretching in my MPC 4000 never had an issue and damn didn't maschine just get it after years of so called development bah wahhhh and that crap is the cheap version offline timestretching
No. The offline time stretching on hardware MPCs used archaic algorithms that was laughably piss poor in quality compared to the timestretching on Maschine.
TheDreamisReaL wrote:NI beat them to punch by releasing a underdeveloped so called sampler
I guess that's why Akai were forced to respond by killing off their entire hardware MPC line in a desperate attempt to catch up to Maschine in their half-assed attempt to copy the software/hardware hybrid concept and failed hard with a bug-ridden, crash-prone wannabe beta product, huh?
TheDreamisReaL wrote:6.Abletons scene mode is by far more flexible and creative
lol So now you're backpedalling from "the only similar thing about scene mode compared to ableton scenes is the name other than that they arent even close" to it's "more flexible and creative". :lol:
TheDreamisReaL wrote:There is nothing dead about the MPC Ren i tell you what they are actually listening to the users and adding features that are high on the list, NI gave you time stretching two years late and some flashing pads.....dead
Sorry to break it to ya but Akai has nothing on NI's dev resources. Akai is only forced to play the software dev game for the first time and it shows. Akai has no excuse anymore to ignore users by never fixing bugs or releasing updates, precisely because their users have seen how responsive to the Maschine users that NI has been with their constant updates that set an example.
TheDreamisReaL wrote:Its funny how you forget that the very Maschine you plan on making babies with is the same maschine that was also crash prone in early development and struggled in its early software releases.......
Nice try. :lol: It's too funny how desperate MPC fanboys are by spreading outright lies about Maschine. Maschine has been very stable from very early on and had nowhere near the amount of bugs that the Ren still has. All of this is well documented.

Hmmm, seems like a very familiar style of arguing. Noiserot?

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:02 pm

fishmonkey wrote:all the awful step sequencer videos have been turning me off Push, but this one has got me interested again, not necessarily as a substitute for my 88 key controller, but as a good mobile controller:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhPuxyBiHgo
8O

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:32 pm

i like push more and more (again)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7V_lrhZOW0

[art]

Post by [art] » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:54 am

I've decided I'm definately getting it and will pre-order. I saved up.

Push solves a couple of problems for me - I was in the market for a maschine and a midi keyboard, but Push serves me better because I use Live more than NI, and also I didn't really want a huge long midi keyboard. I love portability, and to me this is amazing the way the push deals with notes and melody. So with Push I kill two birds with one stone, everything else is a bonus.

I don't care bout the whole moving away from the mouse thing. I love the mouse. It's fast and it's just another tool in the studio really, if not the best one :)

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:26 am

I'm interested in how you managed to adapt yourself to pads from keyboard which requires thousands of hours of practice to play. I'm skeptical that pads stand in for the keyboard..