March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Broomptish
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:48 am

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Broomptish » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:47 am

v00d00ppl wrote:So it launches for everyone on Germany's local 12am or the computer's local 12am? Do I have to download the sound library right away or can I do it later? Can I pick which sound libraries to use or is it an all or nothing affair?
Yes would love to know the exact time too as my friend is buying it for me with my paypal in the UK as im based in asia so 7 hours ahead of him so wondering when exactly I can get it, or he can for that matter, so excited :D

Sibanger
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:44 am
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Contact:

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Sibanger » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:32 am

Broomptish wrote:
v00d00ppl wrote:So it launches for everyone on Germany's local 12am or the computer's local 12am? Do I have to download the sound library right away or can I do it later? Can I pick which sound libraries to use or is it an all or nothing affair?
Yes would love to know the exact time too as my friend is buying it for me with my paypal in the UK as im based in asia so 7 hours ahead of him so wondering when exactly I can get it, or he can for that matter, so excited :D
If I'm up late tonight, I'll let you know.

artpunk
Posts: 541
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:51 am
Location: The Antipodes
Contact:

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by artpunk » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:05 am

Sibanger wrote:
Broomptish wrote:
v00d00ppl wrote:So it launches for everyone on Germany's local 12am or the computer's local 12am? Do I have to download the sound library right away or can I do it later? Can I pick which sound libraries to use or is it an all or nothing affair?
Yes would love to know the exact time too as my friend is buying it for me with my paypal in the UK as im based in asia so 7 hours ahead of him so wondering when exactly I can get it, or he can for that matter, so excited :D
If I'm up late tonight, I'll let you know.
Another Melbournite? Heh, I didn't realise that when we were previously discussing how we shouldn't believe anything we say! :D
Yep, I'm up late too... I have a feeling the availability clocks will be set to Berlin time however.

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

Sibanger
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:44 am
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Contact:

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Sibanger » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:51 am

^^ I don't believe you :lol:

In this case, I think you'll be right Mr artpunk.

I'm not sure if I'll jump on this one......hmmmmmmmm...a little undecided.

Lumix
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:17 pm

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Lumix » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:16 am

artpunk wrote:
Sibanger wrote:
Yes would love to know the exact time too as my friend is buying it for me with my paypal in the UK as im based in asia so 7 hours ahead of him so wondering when exactly I can get it, or he can for that matter, so excited :D
If I'm up late tonight, I'll let you know.
Another Melbournite? Heh, I didn't realise that when we were previously discussing how we shouldn't believe anything we say! :D
Yep, I'm up late too... I have a feeling the availability clocks will be set to Berlin time however.[/quote]

i believe the same and should i tell you what? im living in the same Timezone as the Ableton HQ in Berlin.
so just less than 12 hours to go now ... i cant wait nor do anything.
cant remember the last time i was so excited for a new update for a daw ... :mrgreen:
The Davile Insaide Teh Mashihne.

102455
Posts: 1637
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:41 pm
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by 102455 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:50 am

Ha ha! Ableton haven't even released a RC/RTM/GA/Golden Master of Live 9 yet!

We'll all be buying and downloading a beta. :|

Lumix
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:17 pm

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Lumix » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:17 pm

102455 wrote:Ha ha! Ableton haven't even released a RC/RTM/GA/Golden Master of Live 9 yet!

We'll all be buying and downloading a beta. :|
:o what?
The Davile Insaide Teh Mashihne.

doc holiday
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:49 am
Location: NOW

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by doc holiday » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:48 pm

considering it's a pre-order I'm assuming it's going up at the same time for everyone.

I wonder how fast initial runs will sell out or if Akai is on top of things.

geiger167
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:51 pm

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by geiger167 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Just bought the Live 8 suite, returning user from past lol, presumably I can just not bother to download and wait for the Live 9 version tomorrow to avoid library issues ?
Good to be back anyway :)

Timbeaux
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:47 am

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Timbeaux » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:54 pm

welcome back :)

krizgainz
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:52 am

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by krizgainz » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:48 pm

,
Last edited by krizgainz on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Timbeaux
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:47 am

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Timbeaux » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:06 pm

hope not. i will start download tomorrow morning @ 7 o clock. i hope its finished when iam arriving home at 6 oclock :) (and the the servr didnt crash...)

Lumix
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:17 pm

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Lumix » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:11 pm

krizgainz wrote:Is it gonna be a nightmare for everyone to download 9 at the same time or what?
haha for sure :)
you guys remember as Arturia give away the free minimoog version on the 21 july 2012?
the download from the server was with 0.7 kb :D and it took like forever to get that 70MB down :D
and i assume judgding from the latest beta the final will be around 700MB or more.
this will really proof for their server system - hope they ordered enough bandwidth or resources for that.
The Davile Insaide Teh Mashihne.

crumhorn
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:04 pm

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by crumhorn » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:44 pm

I think it's a case of "publish and be damned".
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

twinstates
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 3:09 pm

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by twinstates » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:06 pm

No push yet tho..... Am looking to get my hands on that lil sucker.

Still am in the middle of studio rebuild.
Was down welders today making a new stand / rack for rack gear, 2 x synths, cdj's mixer and a bunch of other stuff. Will post some pics in a new thread once it's all done and hooked up.
Fear of the rave.
I make music that sounds like the party at the end of the universe.
To hear more, go to www.soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

Post Reply