Ableton 9 / Push Etc etc

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
SilverNeedle

Ableton 9 / Push Etc etc

Post by SilverNeedle » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:42 pm

OK - i recently got ableton live 8 so i got the free upgrade to 9... But now this push thing is about... Was just wondering if there's any crossgrade purchase you can get or anything or do i just have to fork out the full £430 for it?

Anyone used it yet / any reasons not to?

Also, i've downloaded 9 but haven't yet installed it, i still have some projects that im working on in 8 and wasn't sure what the transitions like on that front, has anyone had problems with the new live?

cheers

gnurf

Re: Ableton 9 / Push Etc etc

Post by gnurf » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:27 pm

I would have loved to be able to get a bundle from a local store with Push+Suite 9 upgrade or somehow save a little on Push, but then I compared the price of Push with Maschine. At least here it's about £590 for Maschine, which seems to do less (or at least is much less integrated with Live).

I expect the price to stay a good bit also, because there isn't much to compete with it. Maschine getting cheaper (pretty much guaranteed) would be the nearest. Might as well buy it now (or whenever available locally) if you think you'll enjoy it.

I guess I'll have to upgrade to 9 Suite while the discount is still available, and a computer upgrade is making the purchase of Push happen a little later. I don't think I'll get a better deal than $249 + £470 (which is what Push is listed as here).

(I'm not paid by Ableton, but sometimes lately feel I should be :P)

SilverNeedle

Post by SilverNeedle » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:35 pm

nice one... Yeh i have maschine - it's cool. Although ive been thinking about getting something thats more geared up for ableton controller wise and Push seems like it might be worth just going for, seeing as im still pretty new to ableton (been using it for a couple of months, have been using logic for years though) it might be a good idea while im still getting a flow set up

gnurf

Post by gnurf » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:01 pm

Yeah, hardware dedicated to the Ableton way looks nice. I'm really trying to simplify here, and Push would do it. It replaces a Launchpad, MPD and ZeRO SL Mk2, and adds various things beyond what those do. Price-wise it makes sense, and that's at least two fewer USB ports used.