Push - 16 weeks wait?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kirre777

Push - 16 weeks wait?

Post by kirre777 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:10 pm

Bought and registered my copy of live 9 suite w push on the 8th of march. On my account tab it says it will ship in "16 or more weeks". Is this correct?

rgrambo

Re: Push - 16 weeks wait?

Post by rgrambo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:54 am

If youre lucky youll get it by June, I guess. Has Ableton responded to anyones concerns regarding the actual availability of the Push controller?
kirre777 wrote:Bought and registered my copy of live 9 suite w push on the 8th of march. On my account tab it says it will ship in "16 or more weeks". Is this correct?

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:06 am

rgrambo wrote:If youre lucky youll get it by June, I guess. Has Ableton responded to anyones concerns regarding the actual availability of the Push controller?
kirre777 wrote:Bought and registered my copy of live 9 suite w push on the 8th of march. On my account tab it says it will ship in "16 or more weeks". Is this correct?
What I have heard yesterday.

The first shipment goes to Europe/US end march and will only be 50% or even less than what retailers have ordered.
The Next shipment (april/may) will og to Asia and the Third shipment (June) will og to Europe/US again. Hence the 16 week wait. :(

kingmauri

Post by kingmauri » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:07 am

bought ableton9 and push 5th march. delivery time in my account: 1-2 weeks... sorry...:mrgreen:

Dchild

Post by Dchild » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:23 am

Same for me....1-2 weeks :mrgreen:

[art]

Post by [art] » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:08 am

i contacted my local dj shop. they're getting some in and i reserved one. hopefully now I can cancel my order with ableton (16 weeks) coz these ones will be here in 2 weeks.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:19 pm

If you've ordered a Push from ableton.com, then the shipping estimates you saw in the shop at the time your put in your order are correct for you. Please check your personal delivery time in your account on ableton.com - it will be updated dynamically.

At present, it will take an estimated 16 or more weeks for Push units to arrive that are ordered from ableton.com today.

There's been an overwhelming demand for Push, and, as often happens with popular hardware products, the waiting time increases as early stocks quickly sell out. We have made shipping estimates from ableton.com transparent from the beginning, and will continue to do so.

We don't have access to availability and sales data for third-party retailers, and thus cannot speak for them as to availability and shipping estimates – you'll need to get in touch with specific retailers yourselves to get that information.

We're thrilled to see the enthusiasm for Push, and are working to accommodate the overwhelming demand – thanks for your patience.

rgrambo

Post by rgrambo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Ableton_David wrote:If you've ordered a Push from ableton.com, then the shipping estimates you saw in the shop at the time your put in your order are correct for you. Please check your personal delivery time in your account on ableton.com - it will be updated dynamically.

At present, it will take an estimated 16 or more weeks for Push units to arrive that are ordered from ableton.com today.

There's been an overwhelming demand for Push, and, as often happens with popular hardware products, the waiting time increases as early stocks quickly sell out. We have made shipping estimates from ableton.com transparent from the beginning, and will continue to do so.

We don't have access to availability and sales data for third-party retailers, and thus cannot speak for them as to availability and shipping estimates – you'll need to get in touch with specific retailers yourselves to get that information.

We're thrilled to see the enthusiasm for Push, and are working to accommodate the overwhelming demand – thanks for your patience.
Raising the price should do it. Hahah. Just kidding.

Floatzero

Post by Floatzero » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:01 am

Funny... Saw first posts on Facebook where people already got their hands on it. Good chance that the production queue was somewhat limited by Ableton - perhaps the interest was completely misjudged at the time where the first orders were placed by Ableton.

Who knows what's the truth - maybe, we in Europe are once again victims of geographical discrimination ;-) Maybe it's a strategy to be able(ton) to respond to possibly undiscovered problems before delivery to valued customers.

Anyway... 16 Weeks (+ the Weeks since my order) is more than it takes to get a new custom configured car and hard to understand. Specially if you can see, that other users already have one in their hands. I bet - even if the interest in push is on a very high level - it should not make a big difference for the manufacturer to let some thousands more run through the production and split the shipments - it could lead to lower unit prices for Ableton too.

From my point of view it's not a strategy which can be easily understood or accepted by customers - even if they are charged only if the device was was shipped. Perhaps it would have been better to integrate logistics services with appropriate storage capacity, produce according to the pre-orders and start shipping synchronous. So the feeling of being treated as second-class customer, would be probably not so strong.

Telling us now that the product will be shipped in waves to specific geographic regions does not make things better but more worse.

It's hard to understand why pre-orders from the asian market are more important than those from europe or the united states. Shipment should happen - from my point of view - in the order of orders received. That's the only fair way to do it. Anything else seems to be unfair from a customers point of view. IMHO the complete process seems to be against the sense of pre-ordering.

If Ableton offers preorder options, then the customer can assume that production volumes will be planned on the basis of these orders and that the delivery will be processed in the order of purchases. Any special quotas for marketing and VIPs can be taken into account without any problems. This is the way companies choose frequently because higher unit count normally means also lower unit price and higher yield. This makes the management and the shareholders happy and synchronous delivery keeps customers worldwide smiling. Finally, it would hardly be that we are discussing numbers in the range of Apple or Samsung smartphones, where the planning is actually extremely challenging.

May be Ableton should change this strategy soon to keep customer satisfaction on it's high level - even in Europe.