Live 9 won't open

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dean692

Live 9 won't open

Post by dean692 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:02 pm

I am still on the trial.. When I click to open the programme it won't start up. Checking the processes in task manager, live stays at around 31,000 k, the problem started when live automatically upgraded me to 9.02. So I saved my preferences.cfg file, uninstalled and installed 9.0. And it's still happening. I have tried system restore to see if it was a driver / program I recently installed

I am using jbridge 1.3.
Windows 7 64bit

Thanks

greyhat

Re: Live 9 won't open

Post by greyhat » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:10 pm

yeah lots of people are having this issue. It may be a release-wide thing. I put in a ticket to support. Hopefully they'll fix it in the next few days.

nonnus

Post by nonnus » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:33 pm

wtf ???

so this is a known issue ? and no reaction from ableton ? the abletoniverse is getting worse everyday :(

urbankris

Post by urbankris » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:08 pm

Same here.

I've been using the trial for about 3 weeks and its been Sick! Yesterday I worked on a few projects for hours and upon relaunching Live 9 later that evening it wouldn't open. I trashed the program and re-downloaded it again from Ableton and it still won't open.

I too submitted a ticket to tech support.

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:51 pm

nonnus wrote:wtf ???

so this is a known issue ? and no reaction from ableton ? the abletoniverse is getting worse everyday :(
It's the weekend. I doubt you'd be rushing in to work on a Sunday to fix it....it is bloody annoying though. I'm having loads of fun with it. Just need to save some pennies now as i'm not looking forward to reverting back to 7 in a fortnight.

nonnus

Post by nonnus » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:13 pm

Jarvisimon wrote:It's the weekend. I doubt you'd be rushing in to work on a Sunday to fix it....it is bloody annoying though. I'm having loads of fun with it. Just need to save some pennies now as i'm not looking forward to reverting back to 7 in a fortnight.
is that supposed to be some sort of funny joke ?

i suppose you might find it normal that they put out an update (wich for most users even happens automatically) and don't even care to check if it works properly?
if this is happening on a weekend it is because they released the update too close to the weekend, not because the users decided to complain on a crappy day...

Invisible Sandwhiches

Post by Invisible Sandwhiches » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:09 am

Same here, finished a project in trial, then for no reason, stopped opening, restarted machine and everything....something is up...so much for thr trial and not making me feel the need to go to 9 if it starts out the gate buggy...

PulpDealer

Post by PulpDealer » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:28 am

My Live 9 trial seemingly auto-updated as well and I haven't been able to use the software since either. I've reinstalled, deleted preferences and repaired disc permissions, all to no avail (Mac, Mountain Lion).

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:47 pm

nonnus wrote:
Jarvisimon wrote:It's the weekend. I doubt you'd be rushing in to work on a Sunday to fix it....it is bloody annoying though. I'm having loads of fun with it. Just need to save some pennies now as i'm not looking forward to reverting back to 7 in a fortnight.
is that supposed to be some sort of funny joke ?

i suppose you might find it normal that they put out an update (wich for most users even happens automatically) and don't even care to check if it works properly?
if this is happening on a weekend it is because they released the update too close to the weekend, not because the users decided to complain on a crappy day...
Nobody's perfect and Ableton have obviously made a mistake here but don't get wound up. It's not fatal.

And there's a link to Live 9.01 download somewhere.....and it works perfectly, just turn off automatic updating to prevent 9.02 from installing over it.

tintala

Post by tintala » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:18 pm

here is an older thread same issue

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=191376

the remedy: turn off auto update???