All times are UTC

Post subject: FIX REWIRE PLEASE!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:32 pm 

Come on Ableton! You have known that Rewire is broken in 9 since all the Beta testers told you prior to its release.

You released it knowing it was broken and the statement in your advertising :

"Here are the features common to all editions of Live 9: ... Rewire" is false.

You have released 3 beta updates and still no working Rewire. This is a major flaw and needs to be fixed.

Please "+1" and bump this if you agree...

Moog IIP, Dot.Com 66, Cubase 7, Ableton 9, W7Pro/64, i7920/9Gigs, 2xMR816, Motu 128, SL61MKII, HR824, NS10M, Komplet7, Omnisphere, RMX, Trilian, MMV, Z3ta, Axon AX50, Variax700, Alembic Rogue 5, LP Giovannis... Hi, I'm Al... and I'm a gear addict...

Post subject: Re: FIX REWIRE PLEASE!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:49 pm 

Yes, they have admitted it's broken and they have it recorded as a bug/issue, but they haven't given an ETA for a fix.

Either they're not bothered (they've already been dropping features because they decide no one wants them) or they're finding it tough to rectify.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:44 pm 

Another reason not to upgrade to Live 9.

http://www.Twitter.com/KevWestBeats

Live 9, Komplete 9, Maschine MK2, IK Total Studio, XLN Audio Addictive Keys and Addictive Drums, All of FXpansion's fx.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:42 am 

I find rewire more or less useless in live, because all plugins and max is disabled.
But yeah, your absolute right, +1.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:00 pm 

mr.ergonomics wrote:
I find rewire more or less useless in live, because all plugins and max is disabled.
But yeah, your absolute right, +1.

Live can be rewire 'master'.. in which case nothing is disabled..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 pm 

Yes, but that is only one use case.

When you're interested to use a more mature linear sequencer (that is my use case) you have to use it as a slave...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:54 pm 

Maybe in Ableton 10 they'll fix it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:41 pm 

kryptonitejesus wrote:
Maybe in Ableton 10 they'll fix it.

Isn't that what we say pretty much every time something that seems to be essential for us is buggy or lacking? "Maybe in Live 8/9/10"...

I would really suggest to have a user poll on features/bugfixes as in many other products/projects. While Live 9 really brought some of the top 10 wishes of the community, others seem to be "forgotten" or considered unimportant.

Give the community some power...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:24 pm 

IMO this is a pretty big issue indeed. Especially if you consider the fact that it "breaks" other DAW's and not so much Live itself (you'll only notice oddities when $other_daw gets started and presents you with an error message).

And as to the long or non-existent ETA.. I've stated it many times but to me Live 9 feels somewhat unfinished on many points. That's not saying I don't like it, I actually quite enjoy it so far (including the browser), but it doesn't change the fact that there are issues.

I'm beginning to suspect (though its only a theory) that the release date for Live 9 got rescheduled and was put one or two months before the initial scheduled date. This isn't about Ableton alone anymore (IMO); there are more parties to content with.

I for one don't believe it was coincidence that only 1 week after Live 9's release the Propellerheads suddenly announced Reason 7. Or what to think about Komplete 9 (even though this isn't a direct 'competitor' so to speak).

And there's also Cycling 74; even though Max for Live is now "part" of Suite 9 its basically still a totally separate product. Surely they need to keep some developments in sync between those products?

So I get the impression that they're very busy trying to keep up, perhaps releasing new features in future updates which were planned but didn't make it into Live 9.

Either that or there are even more issues with Live 9 than we're aware of.

Peter

Using the Big Trio: Live 9 Suite, Max (for Live) and Reason 6.5.
Blog: SynthFan.info.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:10 pm 

Keep in mind that running a full-fledged DAW as rewire slave is technically problematic due to latency issues, ie. the master needs to include the current slave latency into its own latency compensation. Note that 3rd party plugins and m4l devices introduce substantial latency in Live.

I'm not sure if the rewire protocol provides latency report from the slave, but there must be a reason why some major DAWs like Cubase and Logic don't support rewire slave mode.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:00 pm 

broc wrote:
Keep in mind that running a full-fledged DAW as rewire slave is technically problematic due to latency issues, ie. the master needs to include the current slave latency into its own latency compensation. Note that 3rd party plugins and m4l devices introduce substantial latency in Live.

I'm not sure if the rewire protocol provides latency report from the slave, but there must be a reason why some major DAWs like Cubase and Logic don't support rewire slave mode.

Can't you save your session and flatten tracks then automate in rewire host?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:06 pm 

v00d00ppl wrote:
broc wrote:

Can't you save your session and flatten tracks then automate in rewire host?

It would eliminate the latency problem, but most users probably wouldn't like the workflow.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:14 pm 

You can still Rewire Reason into Live, at least.

Which is all I use Rewire for, so I didn't even know it was broken..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:18 pm 

Bump... New beta, but still no rewire fix... :evil:

Moog IIP, Dot.Com 66, Cubase 7, Ableton 9, W7Pro/64, i7920/9Gigs, 2xMR816, Motu 128, SL61MKII, HR824, NS10M, Komplet7, Omnisphere, RMX, Trilian, MMV, Z3ta, Axon AX50, Variax700, Alembic Rogue 5, LP Giovannis... Hi, I'm Al... and I'm a gear addict...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:12 am 

Hi!
Try to download the latest rewire drivers from propellerheads page.
it works for me and i rewire ableton in to logic.

All the best,,

Jp