All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 159  Next
 Post subject: Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:19 pm 

I've been on the beta list for 18 months, never got an invite :( Some out there say they have a beta copy, although I find it very strange there are no ' I've made it with Bitwig videos on web', only to pro Bitwig ones. You would think there would be something...music recreated with biitwig.. A whole track???

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:45 am 

The Finn wrote:
Is there any actual news about Bitwig? Is a release expected any time soon?

At namm they said "summer"

So, anytime now :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:43 am 

Nights are starting to get long over here, though...

live 9.1.2, OS mavericks, push, stray's script, MPD32/LD8, stc, access virus kc, and my life is a never ending tub of awesome

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:36 am 

The Finn wrote:
Nights are starting to get long over here, though...

Yeah and water goes the wrong way down the plug hole!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:44 am 

It is interesting reading some of the earlier pages of this thread....

Quote:
Now i'm curious as to just how long they'll tease us with the beta test.....

(*Cringes at thought of "Hey Bitwig will you release the Beta before 2015?" thread*)

I just think they are taking their time to get it right. It's easy to see the major competition making mistakes by releasing a product still in a beta phase.( I know some people will argue all software is at various stages of beta ) I thought the Live 8 experience & a 3 year wait would have insured a more mature live 9 release.

Quote:
although these are still babysteps..
I think Ableton should step on it with the L9 thing...
preserving users should also become a serious priority..

let the competition begin...
:twisted:

I had my fingers crossed that this would happen, but L9 seems to be underwhelming, leaving the door wide open for Bitwig to impress. Abes has failed to look after current users. The New Library is optimized for their new hardware: Push & has created many issues for current users. The 'new' browser is fast becoming a thorn in the side with many not upgrading because of it.... Oh, and running 2 libraries ?? Hmmmm. Not ideal.

Quote:
CAN'T WAIT for Ableton's answer cause you can bet that they will have a damn good one.

Push.... :oops: :x

OK, some guys are going nuts for it, but the software development of live seems to have stalled a little. Live is all about sound packs & hardware these days & less about software/DAW development and innovation.
Abes have come to a fork in the road, and have made a decision which way to go. It will be interesting to see how many current users choose to take the same road.

Time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:01 am 

Very excited about Bitwig here. Can't wait to check out their "open controller scripting API" they teased with Maschine MKII: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUE8NosuCIU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:46 pm 

onestep wrote:
Very excited about Bitwig here. Can't wait to check out their "open controller scripting API" they teased with Maschine MKII: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUE8NosuCIU

Don't know about the complexity and completeness of their API, but Live's API is quite ok. Besides a proper way to get notes of a clip (without the "select all - get selection" hack) I had pretty much every feature I wanted on my Lemur (auto mapped of course).
Haven't tried controller integration with Max4Live yet, but even with the officially undocumented Python API it was okish...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:12 pm 

Sibanger wrote:
Push....

OK, some guys are going nuts for it, but the software development of live seems to have stalled a little. Live is all about sound packs & hardware these days & less about software/DAW development and innovation.
Abes have come to a fork in the road, and have made a decision which way to go. It will be interesting to see how many current users choose to take the same road.
Makes me wonder.. Have Ableton been forced into creating Push to combat the heavy Piracy of their software?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:26 pm 

eyeknow wrote:
The Finn wrote:
Is there any actual news about Bitwig? Is a release expected any time soon?

At namm they said "summer"

So, anytime now :lol:

The few people I know who went to NAMM were told it was going to be closer to the end of the year, not summer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:33 pm 

Even more laughs. I realize it's a polarizing subject, but I'd find something else to dream about.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:45 pm 

eyeknow wrote:
Even more laughs. I realize it's a polarizing subject, but I'd find something else to dream about.

or keep in mind that most people use more than one DAW. it's just a bunch of cellar dwelling mouse jockey drama queens. ;)

panten wrote:
Have Ableton been forced into creating Push to combat the heavy Piracy of their software?

oh the drama... take everything you know and it all has to be interconnected. :roll:

it was a logical progression. first automap then the APC then the Launch Pad. all the while people swooning over henke's custom hardware rig.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:46 pm 

Bitwig -> the new duke nukem for ever?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:59 pm 

Did they ever actually release that?

I like the idea of using more than one host btw, in fact, I recommend it. Pretty hard to do with thin air though :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:01 pm 

Since this thread is at or around 15 mos old, I think maybe it should have the thread title changed. Kinda didn't happen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:26 pm 

So what do you think will be first.......bitwig or DP for windows.......discuss!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 159  Next