New Novation's Product

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
h3rtz

Re: New Novation's Product

Post by h3rtz » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:35 am

for those being fluent in german:

http://www.amazona.de/index.php?page=26 ... le_id=4378

not very deep review though, but positive through and through.

There's also one in the currend SOS issue. the guy seems to be totally amazed of the vocoder in general and the voice tune in particular, saying it is not far from antares :D

i just stumbled across the auto-tune live plugin, but it totally annoys me that i need to get an ilok just for demoing it. also, together with the ilok its already half the price of a mininova... i think i can get my hands on a mininova this weekend.

oh, and in the SOS review it's clearly stated that novation is not planning to implement voice tune into an ultranova update.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:01 pm

h3rtz wrote:for those being fluent in german:
Non German speaking should consider themselves lucky. Reviewer tries to be funny, witty but ends up stupid and irritating, practically unreadable, whatever substance he takes, I dont want to try it. Normally Germans are really excellent at reviewing products ( I always liked English magazines for music, artists interviews etc and German for technicalities) this is just the worst German review I ever seen.

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:04 pm

rikhyray wrote:
Non German speaking should consider themselves lucky. Reviewer tries to be funny, witty but ends up stupid and irritating, practically unreadable, whatever substance he takes, I dont want to try it. Normally Germans are really excellent at reviewing products ( I always liked English magazines for music, artists interviews etc and German for technicalities) this is just the worst German review I ever seen.
He's just totally high on Blasmusik i guess :D

But yeah i feel you. It's really beer tent humour and the review doesn't address a lot of essential points. He received a lot of criticism in the comments as well. The SOS review is a joy to read and is much deeper. But the guy who wrote it gets paid for it.

But honestly, i still didn't understand what kind of synthesis the mininova actually uses. I think it's a VA plus wavetables, but it doesn't have FM if i am not mislead. That would be actually quite poor for a synth that has a genre selector with a dubstep category. But i guess thats just the way you sell synths nowadays.

login

Post by login » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:24 pm

h3rtz wrote:
rikhyray wrote:
He's just totally high on Blasmusik i guess :D

But yeah i feel you. It's really beer tent humour and the review doesn't address a lot of essential points. He received a lot of criticism in the comments as well. The SOS review is a joy to read and is much deeper. But the guy who wrote it gets paid for it.

But honestly, i still didn't understand what kind of synthesis the mininova actually uses. I think it's a VA plus wavetables, but it doesn't have FM if i am not mislead. That would be actually quite poor for a synth that has a genre selector with a dubstep category. But i guess thats just the way you sell synths nowadays.

to be fair the engine is good enough, it's va with standard waveforms and some wavetables, lots of modulaton options, a tons of fx and filter models.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:47 pm

and..another mystery stuff, going to be announced on Monday. The color scheme reminds me of the old Bass Station Keyboard.

Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:23 am

Yeah, thats definitely the bass station light blue there.
I hope its not with a shitty mini keyboard.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:20 am

It's a hardware DAW designed for heavy metal fans. It allows them to press one button and it makes a trance song for them.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:48 am

another clue

c5

Post by c5 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:07 pm

2012 AMD Powered Windows 8 Desktop/M-Audio MobilePre USB Interface/iPod Touch/Ableton Live 9 Standard w/Operator

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:35 pm

yep, nice one. can't wait to hear it. that promo vid is a joke soundwise. hope the step step sequencer is decent.

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:52 am

500 USD? Hell yeah! Suck this, minibrute!

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:43 am

Yeah. So glad I didn't jump on the minibrute.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:41 am

K1D1M35N

Post by K1D1M35N » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:37 am

Some nice tunes there!

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 am

Nice, but no CV/Gate however... something the Minibrute has.

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records