Can't find Suite packs in Push browser - normal?

Discuss Push with other users.
randallp

Can't find Suite packs in Push browser - normal?

Post by randallp » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:49 pm

I just un-installed and re-installed 9.0.2 and a couple of packs. I can see the packs in L9 places ok but not in the Push browser.

Do I have to do something else? (Sorry to be so thick :oops: )
http://www.iam-pcr.com
Live 9, Push, MountainLion

TysonB

Re: Can't find Suite packs in Push browser - normal?

Post by TysonB » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:18 pm

They are in there for me, but under the subsections (Drums etc.). I don't think they are grouped under the pack names.

-T

ticcthesoulrebel

Post by ticcthesoulrebel » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:26 pm

i cant find the suite pack in my push too. also in my drum categories browser in live i cant find my any drum that is from a pack too
LiveSuite 9, Max4live ,Ableton push, MacBookPro 2.2 Quad 2011, Novation Sl Compact49,, Korg Mickontrol
Dynaudio BM5a,UA Apollo duo 2,Yamaha hs8 white,Logic 9,Reason 6, RED TYPE B Mic,KorgPad Kontrol,Liquid Mix,Fender Rhodes 88 .

randallp

Post by randallp » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:39 pm

So I can find something from a L9 Suite, in Live's browser, load it to a track then save it as a user preset and then see it from Push.

But I can't simply browse it from Push.

Help! Working as designed?

I just emailed Ableton support as I can't believe that two items sold and promoted together can't talk just a little better from the outset.. I mean, Push 1st says "browse for an instrument".. It must be me surely? :?

This is really irritating - as an example, The Live 9 Suite has a "Guitar and Bass" pack which has Sounds/Guitar Clean/Guitar Open.adg - that's the one I want to use but the Push browser just doesn't see it.. :evil: I'm not too impressed that all my favourites from Suite 8 aren't browsable from the Push but I'm really VERY unhappy that Live 9 Suite sounds, sold with Push can't be found. Arghh

randallp

Post by randallp » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:28 pm

The 9 Suite sounds are there as far as I can see. Just sorted into the Push categories in the instrument rack. Of course, some of the names are too long for the display and therefore similar flavours of a sound all display the same. For now I think I'll simply save my favourites to the 9 user presets and prefix the ones I use a lot with an "A" so they sort to the top of the Push browser. I see that in one of the Ableton demo vids, there was an "AGrand" :roll: on the Push browser...

In reality trying out sounds is currently best from Live anyway (preview doesn't work in Push) so I think that will get me over this hurdle for now.

Wrt Suite 8 packs, the helpful Ableton support chap is taking it up with the Push team. We'll see..