JBRIDGE COMPLAINT DO NOT BUY!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
73*

Re: JBRIDGE COMPLAINT DO NOT BUY!!!!

Post by 73* » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:10 pm

barxls wrote:Right - so you bought the wrong version by mistake - it took 6 hours to receive the product - and some fanboys say you should pay twice for it!
You're conveniently overlooking the fact that the two 'versions' of jBridge are actually two different pieces of software, making jBridgeM was not as simple as selecting a different 'export' format in an IDE based on the windows version code.

Also, I want to point out that I don't own jbridge and don't ever plan on purchasing it (have no need for it). Even if I was a jbridge user it wouldn't change the fact that the OP and some others who have posted here have fundamentally distorted expectations regarding who is accountable when an error is made by one party during the course of a business transaction. This level of self entitlement is absurd.

If anyone can point out a software company that actually permits any kind of return or exchange on downloaded software, I MIGHT be persuaded to change my opinion in this specific case (not that it counts for anything).
Last edited by 73* on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:40 pm

starvingstudent wrote:Jbridge sounds like a douchebag outfit. only going by the fact that they simply won't help you download the proper os version you want. my decision is made never to buy their product.
So 4 crystal clear warnings isn't enough "help"?

From the developer:
It says here just at the top:

"note: This software works in Windows XP or above only. If you’re looking for a VST bridge for OS X, please click here."

http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

It says just above the purchase button:

"Note: This software works in Windows XP/Vista/7 only. To make use of all its features, a 64bit Windows OS such as Vista or 7 is recommended. Please try the demo first!"

In the purchase link it says:
"jBridge ( for Windows ONLY )".

Minutes after you made the purchase, you received a receipt from PayPal where the item details where mentioned too:
"jBridge ( for Windows ONLY )".

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:56 am

There are dumb consumers who commit to buy new software w/o demoing here too. It's not surprising that comsumers who don't read the warning.

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:05 am

infernal.machine wrote:
I've read this thread three times, yet I still cannot tell whose side you are on.

If you've a moment, would you mind clarifying your position?

If so, then thanks.

Best - J

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:14 am

What happened to your post count?

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:20 am

smutek wrote:
infernal.machine wrote:
I've read this thread three times, yet I still cannot tell whose side you are on.

If you've a moment, would you mind clarifying your position?

If so, then thanks.

Best - J
Why would you read such a boring thread 3 times?? 8O

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:34 pm

barxls wrote:Right - so you bought the wrong version by mistake - it took 6 hours to receive the product - and some fanboys say you should pay twice for it!

"Can I exchange it for a version that works with my OS? I bought the wrong one!"

"No -> You didn't reply in 6 hours - pay me again for the same product - I am a small developer!"

Dammit - Copy Protection = Nil....Just put the thing on Extratorrent or email it to R2R!

Screw him!

Here is the only review I could find on KvR:

crwxyz

I have just installed cubase 7 on windows 7 64-bit and have bridge several plugins - Atmosphere, Soundtoys, Kick Ass Brass. None of these plugins seem to be able to find their .dat or preset files. I've used the spectramove utility to set the registry location for the .dat file, and confirmed that is where it points to. Soundtoys plugs launch, but show none of the built-in pesets. KAB can't find the soundfile even though the settings point to the right location for that as well. Any ideas?
You're not actually pretending you're a different guy are you?

Anyways, I have to say, If I was the dev and somebody told me they bought the wrong one by mistake, I think I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and simply swap the license. It's perfectly fair to have two separate products, but it is kind of rare, you usually buy the single product and get the link for the one you want afterwards, so I can understand the mistake. A little harsh saying "tough luck, buy a second one".
Professional Shark Jumper.

DJ_Zombot

Post by DJ_Zombot » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:01 pm

73* wrote:
You're conveniently overlooking the fact that the two 'versions' of jBridge are actually two different pieces of software, making jBridgeM was not as simple as selecting a different 'export' format in an IDE based on the windows version code.

Also, I want to point out that I don't own jbridge and don't ever plan on purchasing it (have no need for it). Even if I was a jbridge user it wouldn't change the fact that the OP and some others who have posted here have fundamentally distorted expectations regarding who is accountable when an error is made by one party during the course of a business transaction. This level of self entitlement is absurd.

If anyone can point out a software company that actually permits any kind of return or exchange on downloaded software, I MIGHT be persuaded to change my opinion in this specific case (not that it counts for anything).
It's not like he's running a complier everytime someone buys it, right?

DJ_Zombot

Post by DJ_Zombot » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:02 pm

smutek wrote:What happened to your post count?
Hey Jimmy, holy crap! I used to talk to you when you were on the line at D&D's up the street.

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:14 pm

that`s all very interesting as the same happend to me. i also bought the wrong version, but for me it was no problem. i wrote him that that i purchased the wrong version and he sent me the link for the osx version.... for free

umd

Post by umd » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:36 pm

stoersignal wrote:that`s all very interesting as the same happend to me. i also bought the wrong version, but for me it was no problem. i wrote him that that i purchased the wrong version and he sent me the link for the osx version.... for free
And that was because you noticed you bought the wrong software before you received the installer.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:41 pm

I have people who buy the wrong devices, with no copy protection I rely on Karma to sort things out and switch subscriptions.... It's hard developing stuff and justifying the hours you have to put in to support it...

That said my favourite was a customer who downloaded Isotonik, 3 days later said it didn't work and wanted a refund because it was he claimed buggy, my usual stance is to work with someone to fix any issues they have (in most circumstances it's been down to user error or misunderstanding what a feature does, when it has been an erro ive fixed it, either way happy customer) on this occasion the most detailed bug report I got was "it doesn't work" and "I've found another solution" when I asked what this was I got told that they'd reprogrammed the apc40 themselves with max4live.... Given the 6 months it took me to achieve the same I laughed as I pressed the refund button...

The next day I had 5 new subscribers, life is what you make it as they say...

Cheers
D

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:57 pm

nothing happened to his post count... that isn't 'starving student' it's someone/douche pretending to be him but... with different opinions than starving student would have. don't be fooled by this cheap imitation.

yes, i'm serious.
no, i'm not being sarcastic.

regarding the OP - i wonder what Apple would do if you purchased and downloaded the wrong album on iTunes??

umd

Post by umd » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:18 pm

I think that anyone who reads my first post in this thread will understand what happened, I think I was clear.

I have no problem whatsoever with doing refunds/exchanges when there's a reason for it.

I manually send all the installers, they're usually sent a couple hours after the order is placed ( if I am at the computer when the order arrives, I'll wait some 15 minutes just in case there was any mistake, to give the person time to email me about it ).

( In some cases I even asked "Is this what you intended? Are you sure you don't want me to cancel it?" )

But this situation, given the way it happened, I consider it an abuse, just that. If protecting myself from abuses makes me the bad guy, well, I guess I'm the bad guy then.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:24 pm

starvingstudent wrote:
H20nly wrote:
nothing happened to his post count... that isn't 'starving student' it's someone/douche pretending to be him but... with different opinions than starving student would have. don't be fooled by this cheap imitation.

yes, i'm serious.
no, i'm not being sarcastic.

regarding the OP - i wonder what Apple would do if you purchased and downloaded the wrong album on iTunes??
FUCK OFF LOSER.
Now you're not even trying. :roll:
Unsound Designer