The Maschine & Ableton Love Thread ;) [upon user request]

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
onestep

Re: The Maschine & Ableton Love Thread ;) [upon user request]

Post by onestep » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:32 am

It's high time for both Push fanbois and Maschine stans to put away their blinders and rediscover and celebrate the long-forgotten love between Maschine and Live. Despite the defensive posturings from a handful of insecure brand loyalists, they're actually best buddies in real life who are seamlessly in love with each other.

mutant23

Post by mutant23 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:14 pm

onestep wrote:It's high time for both Push fanbois and Maschine stans to put away their blinders and rediscover and celebrate the long-forgotten love between Maschine and Live. Despite the defensive posturings from a handful of insecure brand loyalists, they're actually best buddies in real life who are seamlessly in love with each other.
Hear, hear!

blinkeye

Post by blinkeye » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:45 pm

I got nothing but love for them. Haters gonna hate anyway. They're both indispensable tools in my arsenal.

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:07 pm

I have a dream...

that one day on the streets of Berlin the sons of former fanboys of Push and Maschine will be able to jam out together at a table of brotherhood...

cyclicAMP

Post by cyclicAMP » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:59 am

I am down for the street jam. But hell, lets make it global! :lol:

hmm..is hubnumber gonna join the love here?

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:51 am

Speaking of love...

Maschine makes everything ok with my love/hate relationship with Live. Still got no love for Push though. :x

I'm down for the global street jam.

blinkeye

Post by blinkeye » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:05 pm

delicioso wrote:I have a dream...

that one day on the streets of Berlin the sons of former fanboys of Push and Maschine will be able to jam out together at a table of brotherhood...
Keep dreaming. Nothing's going to change until the fanboy trolls from both sides of the fence stop trolling each other.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:09 pm

I'm startin to appreciate humnumb's posts. They offer ways for you to challenge your concept of a controller. And hype in general. So what if he wears he wears his Maschine shirt and wears it proud? It is a forum :D

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:13 pm

I think you may be on to something there, yur2die4. :wink:

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:13 am

blinkeye wrote:

Keep dreaming. Nothing's going to change until the fanboy trolls from both sides of the fence stop trolling each other.
Yeah, I guess I was being a bit naive in my optimism. I mean, humnumb is obviously trolling :lol: but the pro-Push/anti-Maschine trolls keep feeding him by egging him on. And this panten character keeps having a dig at me too for publicly liking Maschine here as if that's some sort of violation or something... :roll:

blinkeye

Post by blinkeye » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:37 am

delicioso wrote:
blinkeye wrote:

Yeah, I guess I was being a bit naive in my optimism. I mean, humnumb is obviously trolling :lol: but the pro-Push/anti-Maschine trolls keep feeding him by egging him on. And this panten character keeps having a dig at me too for publicly liking Maschine here as if that's some sort of violation or something... :roll:
Yeah, it's so funny how some people keep getting so worked up by the trolls. Don't worry. Your dream will come true one day. It just takes time for woulds to heal, brother. It takes time...

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:14 pm

One Love.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:39 pm

I've had my full Maschine for about a week now (after returning the Mikro), and speaking as a devout Ableton Live follower, I have to say that Maschine is the most fun interface for loops I have ever experienced so far; I admit I haven't experienced Push yet)

Live has huge timestretching capabilities; the ability to drop audio loops in and have them sync with key signature (unlike Geist) is enormous, and a huge help for those of us who already have lots of audio loops that need to be performed at various tempos. Maschine isn't even close (yet).

But for Midi, Maschine really shines. Its library is MUCH better than Live's (especially with Massive), and I can also access and use Battery 3 drumkits from the browser.... I can even use Launchpad with 64 pads with Battery 3 from within Maschine.

So it really is the best of all worlds; using Maschine within Ableton as a VST. It is true that dragging and dropping audio/midi isn't as easy as it could be, but if I get a loop I like, I can just export it as audio and stick it in a Live track.

If you have both, there are infinite possibilities, and for me anyway, it is very difficult to justify Push (especially with Launchpad, APC40, Live 9, and Maschine). Well, ok, probably overkill, but I do think that Maschine is very,, very powerful; as is Live 9. If you don't have an APC40 and Launchpad, the Push becomes more attractive, and I think then it depends on the VST's and Libraries you own... I find Live's factory library ok, but definitely lacking in comparison with Maschine's)

The combination is dynamite!

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 pm

I would like to join the Maschine and live Love thread!!!
I wanted PUSH so badly when it came out. I couldn't get one because they're back-ordered so I bought a Maschine!

I'm so happy that I did!!! This thing is amazing and my work-flow is finally exactly what I 've always wanted it to be.!!!

I may get Push one day but for now(and for the foreseeable future) I am absolutely in LOVE w/ MAschine!!!

davidsl222

Post by davidsl222 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:51 pm

As I sat last night using Push and Maschine together with Live I smiled and was very happy. I can easily dig way down into Komplete with Maschine - deeper than without Maschine and play the great instruments and sounds using both Maschine and Push. I'm only starting to scratch the surface of what can be done with Maschine, Live, Push and Komplete. My guitar just sat on its stand and watched me with jealousy.