All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 812 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Maschine & Ableton Love Thread ;) [upon user request]
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:59 am 

I am down for the street jam. But hell, lets make it global! :lol:

hmm..is hubnumber gonna join the love here?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:51 am 

Speaking of love...

Maschine makes everything ok with my love/hate relationship with Live. Still got no love for Push though. :x

I'm down for the global street jam.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:05 pm 

delicioso wrote:
I have a dream...

that one day on the streets of Berlin the sons of former fanboys of Push and Maschine will be able to jam out together at a table of brotherhood...

Keep dreaming. Nothing's going to change until the fanboy trolls from both sides of the fence stop trolling each other.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:09 pm 

I'm startin to appreciate humnumb's posts. They offer ways for you to challenge your concept of a controller. And hype in general. So what if he wears he wears his Maschine shirt and wears it proud? It is a forum :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:13 pm 

I think you may be on to something there, yur2die4. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:13 am 

blinkeye wrote:
delicioso wrote:
I have a dream...

that one day on the streets of Berlin the sons of former fanboys of Push and Maschine will be able to jam out together at a table of brotherhood...

Keep dreaming. Nothing's going to change until the fanboy trolls from both sides of the fence stop trolling each other.

Yeah, I guess I was being a bit naive in my optimism. I mean, humnumb is obviously trolling :lol: but the pro-Push/anti-Maschine trolls keep feeding him by egging him on. And this panten character keeps having a dig at me too for publicly liking Maschine here as if that's some sort of violation or something... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:37 am 

delicioso wrote:
blinkeye wrote:
delicioso wrote:
I have a dream...

Yeah, I guess I was being a bit naive in my optimism. I mean, humnumb is obviously trolling :lol: but the pro-Push/anti-Maschine trolls keep feeding him by egging him on. And this panten character keeps having a dig at me too for publicly liking Maschine here as if that's some sort of violation or something... :roll:

Yeah, it's so funny how some people keep getting so worked up by the trolls. Don't worry. Your dream will come true one day. It just takes time for woulds to heal, brother. It takes time...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:14 pm 

One Love.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:39 pm 

I've had my full Maschine for about a week now (after returning the Mikro), and speaking as a devout Ableton Live follower, I have to say that Maschine is the most fun interface for loops I have ever experienced so far; I admit I haven't experienced Push yet)

Live has huge timestretching capabilities; the ability to drop audio loops in and have them sync with key signature (unlike Geist) is enormous, and a huge help for those of us who already have lots of audio loops that need to be performed at various tempos. Maschine isn't even close (yet).

But for Midi, Maschine really shines. Its library is MUCH better than Live's (especially with Massive), and I can also access and use Battery 3 drumkits from the browser.... I can even use Launchpad with 64 pads with Battery 3 from within Maschine.

So it really is the best of all worlds; using Maschine within Ableton as a VST. It is true that dragging and dropping audio/midi isn't as easy as it could be, but if I get a loop I like, I can just export it as audio and stick it in a Live track.

If you have both, there are infinite possibilities, and for me anyway, it is very difficult to justify Push (especially with Launchpad, APC40, Live 9, and Maschine). Well, ok, probably overkill, but I do think that Maschine is very,, very powerful; as is Live 9. If you don't have an APC40 and Launchpad, the Push becomes more attractive, and I think then it depends on the VST's and Libraries you own... I find Live's factory library ok, but definitely lacking in comparison with Maschine's)

The combination is dynamite!

Scales and chords: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=202364

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 pm 

I would like to join the Maschine and live Love thread!!!
I wanted PUSH so badly when it came out. I couldn't get one because they're back-ordered so I bought a Maschine!

I'm so happy that I did!!! This thing is amazing and my work-flow is finally exactly what I 've always wanted it to be.!!!

I may get Push one day but for now(and for the foreseeable future) I am absolutely in LOVE w/ MAschine!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:51 pm 

As I sat last night using Push and Maschine together with Live I smiled and was very happy. I can easily dig way down into Komplete with Maschine - deeper than without Maschine and play the great instruments and sounds using both Maschine and Push. I'm only starting to scratch the surface of what can be done with Maschine, Live, Push and Komplete. My guitar just sat on its stand and watched me with jealousy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:33 pm 

Here's a fun one from someone who has both maschine and push...

Set up two midi tracks.
Place Maschine on one track, load a kit, set the sounds (not scenes) to midi notes, and note the root note of the kit.
Place a drum rack (empty or whatever) in the other midi track.
For the track with Maschine, under input, select the other track with the drum rack (pre fx) and monitor "in"
Navigate to the track with the drum rack, transpose the drum grid so that it starts at the appropriate note and...

Enjoy sequencing Maschine with Ableton native clips and the (I think) awesome step sequencing solution in Push!!

S

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:45 am 

I have both but for now I really enjoy using the Maschine Mk2 over Push. I also believe that as Push gets updates it is going be one massively integrated controller with Live.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:11 am 

Semuta wrote:
Here's a fun one from someone who has both maschine and push...

Set up two midi tracks.
Place Maschine on one track, load a kit, set the sounds (not scenes) to midi notes, and note the root note of the kit.
Place a drum rack (empty or whatever) in the other midi track.
For the track with Maschine, under input, select the other track with the drum rack (pre fx) and monitor "in"
Navigate to the track with the drum rack, transpose the drum grid so that it starts at the appropriate note and...

Enjoy sequencing Maschine with Ableton native clips and the (I think) awesome step sequencing solution in Push!!

S

Thats how I want to use PUSH with Maschine (when I get one). That way all the sequencing can be done in Ableton but control of slicing and resampling and Komplete can be done in Maschine. Nice! Best of both worlds!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:38 am 

What have you done Humnumb??? First we had a Push vs. Maschine thread. Then Push threads overrun with Maschine talk. And now this Maschine thread with everybody talking Push. Push and Maschine are starting to look like one of those rivalries that spin so out of control that it ends up becoming homoerotic. Now I need to get a Maschine so it can make sweet love with my Push. WTF.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 812 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next