APC40 Hard mapping issue Live 9

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
EmileH

APC40 Hard mapping issue Live 9

Post by EmileH » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi I would love to solve this issue I have with my APC40 and Ableton Live 9. I have used my APC now for 2 years and I consider myself quite knowledgable on the use of it with Ableton. My situation is this, I have hard mapped different pages of the bottom right hand side encoders using the shift button and selecting the different pages.

My first page (shift clip/track) is assigned as

Deck A {eq3 and auto filter} knob 1 Bass knob 2 Mid knob 3 Treble knob 4 Filter cut
Deck B {eq3 and auto filter} knob 5 Bass knob 6 Mid knob 7 Treble knob 8 Filter cut

My Second page (shift Device On/Off) is assigned as

Various Macros for an effect rack that I built.

My problem is when I move from one page to the next my APC does not remember the knob values and would jump to 127, I have enabled Take over mode to pick up in Ableton's Midi preferences to try to alleviate the issue.

Is there a way to hard map my APC the right way to remember the knob values between pages so my led's on my knobs are giving me the correct information when I move between pages and does not jump to 127 or any random value.

Please let me know if anyone can give me some feedback.

Much love guys
behr

Dragonbreath

Re: APC40 Hard mapping issue Live 9

Post by Dragonbreath » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:20 pm

Do you have remote enable for the output of the APC40 in the settings? Im betting that is your problem.

yur2die4

Re: APC40 Hard mapping issue Live 9

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:14 pm

I would suggest not hardmapping. Especially with pages.

Instead, I'd rack up your Deck devices and assign your stuff to macros.

Then I'd delete all the mappings you did on those pages.

Finally, I would map a button to the title bar of the actual effect rack of Deck A. And another to Deck B.

Then, every time you chose one, it'd likely update.

Also make sure that you do not have automatic selection of triggered clips turned on.