Ableton and Reaktor not working?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
junqueira

Ableton and Reaktor not working?

Post by junqueira » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:54 am

I own Komplete 7 and all vsts are working properly except for Reaktor. It doesn't even show up in my VST directory inside of ableton (only the Reaktor FX shows up). Does anyone have a suggestion for what I could do to get this working? thanks

eyeknow

Re: Ableton and Reaktor not working?

Post by eyeknow » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:00 am

For what it's worth, it works here. Is K7 Reaktor 5? I don't remember. See my specs in sig

junqueira

Post by junqueira » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:23 pm

eyeknow wrote:For what it's worth, it works here. Is K7 Reaktor 5? I don't remember. See my specs in sig
yes it is. My Reaktor used to work, but then I installed new versions of Ableton and it stopped working : /

SKerkewitz

Post by SKerkewitz » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:17 pm

I bought the K9 update two days ago and I also noticed that Reactor 5 is not showing up as plugin in Ableton 9. Is works in Studio One. I did not further investigate the issue and thought it would be a problem on my side. If this is a known issue I would like to hear about it...

junqueira

Post by junqueira » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:17 pm

SKerkewitz wrote:I bought the K9 update two days ago and I also noticed that Reactor 5 is not showing up as plugin in Ableton 9. Is works in Studio One. I did not further investigate the issue and thought it would be a problem on my side. If this is a known issue I would like to hear about it...
That's so weird man, maybe I'll call Ableton today, I'm just so busy though : / And I needed Reaktor for a project I'm currently working on! I'm running Ableton 8 though

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:38 pm

I can only think of things you've probably already tried. Making sure the correct .dll is there, rescanning your vst folder.

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:14 am

Working here.

Reaktor 5.8.0
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:38 am

fine here too...

OS X 10.8.4 and Live 9.0.5

Reaktor 5.8.0.550

jumbomonkey

Post by jumbomonkey » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:00 pm

mines not working either.

super confusing when this kind of thing happens, no idea whatsoever how to troubleshoot these things! Anyone have a good run down of troubleshoot steps?

I'm a bit stumped apart from repair disk permissions, and reducing the quantity of vst / au getting loaded ...

I'd love to have a more stable system, it doesn't feel stable to me these days.. but maybe thats just me!

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:14 pm

I don't know how it works for mac, but recently I couldn't get certain waves plugs to show up. I checked and rescanned the plugs, nothing. Then I changed the directory to an arbitrary location and THEN moved it back and viola! It worked. I don't know how mac is setup though.

junqueira

Post by junqueira » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:01 pm

eyeknow wrote:I checked and rescanned the plugs, nothing. Then I changed the directory to an arbitrary location and THEN moved it back and viola! It worked.
Do you mean that you changed the ableton VST folder to a different location (in settings), then changed it back to the original vst folder location? I'm kind of nervous about doing this because in the past, I've changed VST folders in the Ableton preferences, and Ableton couldn't handle scanning all the new plugs :/

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:46 am

It's what I had to do with a couple of plugs not showing up. Make the location a blank folder or something and change it back. It worked here but considering how weird live is, no guarantees.