Waves Renaissance Bass FREE!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
agent314

Re: Waves Renaissance Bass FREE!

Post by agent314 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:11 pm

shadx312 wrote:What I did was make an alias of the actual RBass.dll as well and put it in my vst folder. Then when I loaded Live I had to run the Waves licenser :roll:

In 'Plugins' in the browser Waveshell appears like a folder and then inside it is the RBass plug.
That's what I tried too, making a shortcut/alias, moving the actual .dll, etc, but it didn't work. I ran the licenser, and everything appears to be registered? But apparently not?

For me the Waveshell just exists as a regular VST device - no folder I can unpack or anything.

Weird.

Russell Krauch

Post by Russell Krauch » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:35 pm

Same thing here. Screw it. I've other things to do.

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:50 pm

Make sure you run the WLC application and register the plugin, then alt + open the application.

More info here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=192253&start=15

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:03 am

got here issues with the licensing, even when i transfer it in the wlc.exe to my pc,
it will not find it in my c:\vst-folder. tried to alt-rescan and tried the direct folder... maybe i will give
it tommorow one more chance, but even my ilok powered motu ethno did not make such hassle.

it is an ugly licensing process compared with spectrasonics, i dont like the cloud-shit.. :evil:
woudl it not be such ugly, maybe i would even got the silver-pack, but its horror what you
get presented after download their programm.

edit:

Delete the "WaveShell-VST 9.2_x64.dll" in your 64bit VST directory.
Run Ableton Live 64bit
Close Ableton Live 64bit
Copy the "WaveShell-VST 9.2_x64.dll" from your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Waveshells" directory
Run Ableton Live 64bit

thats really kind of user-friendly - maybe i leave it

agent314

Post by agent314 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:43 am

Just tried uninstalling and in hopes that reinstalling would make it work.

Now the installer errors out before it even begins.

Bang up job, Waves. Sure am getting my money's worth with this.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:37 am

:roll:

after you run the installer and choose RBass from the list of plugins.. you shouldn't have to move any file.

Go to Live preferences and turn 'use vst system folder' off then on....

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:13 am

Tagor wrote:got here issues with the licensing, even when i transfer it in the wlc.exe to my pc,
it will not find it in my c:\vst-folder. tried to alt-rescan and tried the direct folder... maybe i will give
it tommorow one more chance, but even my ilok powered motu ethno did not make such hassle.

it is an ugly licensing process compared with spectrasonics, i dont like the cloud-shit.. :evil:
woudl it not be such ugly, maybe i would even got the silver-pack, but its horror what you
get presented after download their programm.

edit:

Delete the "WaveShell-VST 9.2_x64.dll" in your 64bit VST directory.
Run Ableton Live 64bit
Close Ableton Live 64bit
Copy the "WaveShell-VST 9.2_x64.dll" from your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Waveshells" directory
Run Ableton Live 64bit

thats really kind of user-friendly - maybe i leave it
It worked for me, because I knew it would force Live to rescan.

Alternatively you can just hold down ALT and open Live, which should force a scan.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:16 am

... Or disable/enable vst folder from the prefs

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:14 pm

the installer doesn't even work for me. I run the generic "waves" installer and all that appears is a box with the waves logo and a button that says "OK" -- and nothing else there! I mean, it doesn't even say it's an installer, it seriously looks like malware (I don't think it is, but man does it look sketchy). So, like a dope I clicked "OK" and guess what happened? Nothing.

Fuck off Waves, I'm done with you.
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:44 pm

mholloway wrote:Fuck off Waves, I'm done with you.
don't give up. they have awesome plugins, incl RBass

i stayed away from Waves for years (iLok and all that), but i've been using them a lot in the last year

it's really just 3 steps:
1. d/l and install Waves License Center
2. register the licence
3. d/l plugin installer and choose which plugins you want to install

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:00 pm

ok --- finally got it running after complete reset of the wave-installation.

nice little helper - thx

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:28 pm

sowhoso wrote:

i stayed away from Waves for years (iLok and all that), but i've been using them a lot in the last year

2. register the licence

Well at this point the only way this stuff will work for me is to create a tech support ticket with them -- and I can't be bothered as I have so little incentive to begin with. As I said before, the WLC refuses to install on my system. Even the installation screen is bogus -- it's a tiny box with the logo and an "OK" button. Nothing happens when you click it. Fun!

Just figured out why -- doesn't work in Mavericks, of course. Ha. Waves has a really bizarre notion of what "Mavericks is Supported" means -- it means you have to do offline installation because it's not actually supported by their primary installer. From their site: "OS X 10.9 Mavericks is now supported.
Waves online installers cannot be installed on OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Use the offline installers available at the bottom of this page.
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

MNINE

Post by MNINE » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:01 pm

mholloway wrote:
sowhoso wrote:

2. register the licence

Well at this point the only way this stuff will work for me is to create a tech support ticket with them -- and I can't be bothered as I have so little incentive to begin with. As I said before, the WLC refuses to install on my system. Even the installation screen is bogus -- it's a tiny box with the logo and an "OK" button. Nothing happens when you click it. Fun!

Just figured out why -- doesn't work in Mavericks, of course. Ha. Waves has a really bizarre notion of what "Mavericks is Supported" means -- it means you have to do offline installation because it's not actually supported by their primary installer. From their site: "OS X 10.9 Mavericks is now supported.
Waves online installers cannot be installed on OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Use the offline installers available at the bottom of this page.
This, I did not see. Was about to give up. I only read "Mavericks is now supported". Thanks!

Sage

Post by Sage » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:26 am

3dot... wrote::roll:

after you run the installer and choose RBass from the list of plugins.. you shouldn't have to move any file.

Go to Live preferences and turn 'use vst system folder' off then on....
Rescanning plugins after opening Live will make them appear.

But yeah, the Waves installation process is a bit much, especially the first time you use it.

murgatroid

Post by murgatroid » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:35 am

Yeah, I was a bit annoyed because on the page you get linked to for downloading, installation and licensing didn't fully explain things.

I'm on mavericks, so when I d/l'd the WLP, it didn't work. I already have some waves plugs so I went ahead and got my license. Then I went back to figure why installing the plug itself doesn't work. So I follow some of the links on the left side of the page and finally on the link that says, for wavelive users or similar, I find out that the WLP online installer doesn't work with mavericks, you need to download the offline installer. That I did and now its working. However, that information and download links should be on the other bloody page! But geez, I feel sorry for those who are not familiar with waves authorization process