Ozone 5 + Alloy 2 PDC issues ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Psychoactive_Music

Ozone 5 + Alloy 2 PDC issues ?

Post by Psychoactive_Music » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:58 pm

Hey guys,

Really need some advice
I don't know much about PDC but I know there are some people here with some insight.

I want to purchase the Alloy 2 and ozone 5 basic bundle
but as these are plug ins (and an expensive and big purchase for someone like me)
I really want to rest assured these plugs will work in ableton and improve my mixes, rather then make them worse.
and that I get my moneys worth - don't want to be disappointed

does anyone have either of these products, and could you shed some light on how they work with ableton?
any PDC issues with these plug ins?

Thank you!

beats me

Re: Ozone 5 + Alloy 2 PDC issues ?

Post by beats me » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:23 pm

Well, first have you tried doing some basic mastering with the plugins Live has or maybe some third party plugins?

Psychoactive_Music

Post by Psychoactive_Music » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:34 pm

Yeah, I've been using live devices for mixing and mastering
But as I learn and improve the parameters and options available become limited

I really want to train my ears further and these isotope products look like they have much more possibilities compared with the devices included with ableton.

I don't use or own any other plug ins for mixing/mastering. I do use a couple of soft synths and I don't find any delay compensation issues with them

but as this is quite a bold purchase , I don't want to rush into it and find out unlike the other daws, the compatibility with ableton is not ideal thanks to the PDC I read about here frequently ... :)

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Psychoactive_Music wrote:Hey guys,

Really need some advice
I don't know much about PDC but I know there are some people here with some insight.

I want to purchase the Alloy 2 and ozone 5 basic bundle
but as these are plug ins (and an expensive and big purchase for someone like me)
I really want to rest assured these plugs will work in ableton and improve my mixes, rather then make them worse.
and that I get my moneys worth - don't want to be disappointed

does anyone have either of these products, and could you shed some light on how they work with ableton?
any PDC issues with these plug ins?

Thank you!
I like Live's Limiter.

TheNobleNemesis

Post by TheNobleNemesis » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:35 pm

I use iZotope Ozone 5, and I have found no PDC issues with it this far - that is unless i've been using a ton of CPU-guzzling plug-ins. Otherwise, Ozone 5 has been working perfectly for me, and you're definitely correct, it does open up a lot of options. I cannot vouch for iZotope Alloy, but I definitely give the green light on Ozone 5.