APC40 v.s PUSH

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
crystalmsc

Re: APC40 v.s PUSH

Post by crystalmsc » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:28 am

JuanSOLO wrote:It's just lacking Faders
Hopefully the touchstrip might be able to function as a high resolution fader too as in the Akai Max49. Instead of just for pitch bending and scrolling the drum racks, it would me more useful if it can be used for an expressive modulation controller. Is it pressure sensitive too? Or may be as a cross fader with a shorter range setup.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:25 pm

I agree. I have an APC40, a padKontrol, and an LPK25 (a Korg microArranger for a bigger keyboard).
If I decide to make the jump (a BIG if, since the above combination works very well for most things), I imagine that Push will replace the padKontrol on my desk. But I imagine I would use Push more for instrument control as a complement to the APC40 anyway......

But I will make a very strong effort to fight the GAS. (I'll probably lose...:-)
ShelLuser wrote: I did some more studying on the Push today because I think its a very interesting piece of hardware. I can now also safely say that what I said above is wrong.

The APC40 is a Live controller, Push is a Live instrument.

Two different devices, two different purposes. You can't compare them one on one because both devices do totally different things. The APC controls Live whereas the Push plays Live.

I don't think the OP should ask himself which one is better in order to decide which to buy. I think the better question is; "which should I buy first?".

Now, I do wonder how much extra you could do with Push when you throw M4l into the setup :twisted:

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:34 am

push is better

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:30 pm

I lost... :)

Push is incredible in so many ways (even with some of its limitations, most of which can be addressed with Clyphx and/or PXT_Live)..
Buleriachk wrote: But I will make a very strong effort to fight the GAS. (I'll probably lose...:-)

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:11 am

Matt_Quinn wrote:[/b] And Live’s tight integration with Max for Live lets you customize Push for your own working style, or reprogram it to add new features and workflows.