Loading new songs playing Live live

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
spookydirt

Loading new songs playing Live live

Post by spookydirt » Wed May 21, 2003 8:38 pm

Hi

I've noticed discussion about what to do in a live situation when loading the next song to fill the loading gap - I don't play live (yet?) but I had an idea that I tried and works:

Run Remix in the background with a limited set loaded, and trigger that just as the Live song finishes.

I have tried it and it works. And Remix is only 20pounds(i had it anyway). its difficult to get the timing right, but if you had an 'ambient' sound for the first 4beats it would be close enough.

Don't know if this is of any help to anyone...

--spookydirt

takashi

remix/live

Post by takashi » Thu May 22, 2003 2:27 pm

are you saying that you can run remix and live together..
Do you have any sound card issues..
How do you manage this..
I know not at the same time but you are saying that you open live and remix together on same computer..
Mac or pc?
Interesting
regards
Takashi

spookydirt

remix/live

Post by spookydirt » Thu May 22, 2003 5:05 pm

yes - both running at the same time, i even had them playing sounds at the same time, just to see.

i don't know if there are stability issues if they are both in memory for a whole set - i know switching between them was a sbit sluggish (3 seconds or so) - i might try this next time i have Live running, which will be in the next few minutes probably...

using a PC.

soundcard issues: none, and both programs were using the creative ASIO drivers.

It might be possible to run Live1 and Live2 at the same time (not much difference between Remix and Live1 anyway from a resource point of view)

i shall go and experiment..

--spookydirt

arar

Post by arar » Fri May 23, 2003 11:55 am

well it seems I can run to copies of live at the same time...with some slight stuttering...but Ihave gigged with live live a few times now and never felt the need to do stuff like this..I have to full with the simplicity after a couple of years of work around solutions of doing things live...

Lukeeyeball

Post by Lukeeyeball » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:45 am

I have had absolutly no problem runing 2 versions of live
PC laptop SB extigy also works with the usb asio driver

Gejius

Mixer

Post by Gejius » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:17 pm

I had the same dilemma when I started playing shows with my laptop. I was lucky and got a behringer mixer (802). Most people have an .mp3 player or CD player these days. I just input my iPod into the mixer and fade up previously arranged transitions.

It's mostly ambient or sampled jargon, but it works well, especially because you can theme your interludes and create a library of them. If you can afford a mixing console (mine was $70 + or -), then it's your best bet.

Paz,
Gejius
[url]http://www.myspace.com/gejius[/url]