Nektar hardware integratin rules

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dna598

Nektar hardware integratin rules

Post by dna598 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Nektar have done it, and ableton are lagging right now. sorry to be blunt. It's just that i am incensed. :evil:
So if you use bitwig and nektar you get all you vsti params banked and named. hmmmm......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6vzSvyhGKc#t=704
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

SuburbanThug

Re: Nektar hardware integratin rules

Post by SuburbanThug » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:35 pm

Yeah, that is pretty badass.

avart

Post by avart » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Ableton Lives midi mapping isn't lagging at all! You can't midi-map whatever you want as easy in Bitwig as you can in Live. This is just Nektar making an effort to sell more controllers...

dna598

Post by dna598 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:36 pm

avart wrote:Ableton Lives midi mapping isn't lagging at all! You can't midi-map whatever you want as easy in Bitwig as you can in Live. This is just Nektar making an effort to sell more controllers...
I hear that,yes you can make your own preset racks, but it is one step away from a vst shell. We need better mapping directly in live, with more flexible ways of re arranging all those sliders into named banks (and the ability to re name parameters). bank1 bank2, bank 3. etc etc...it aint pretty. Plus a way of saving it so it just works with the vst without needing a rack would be better.

:cry:

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:45 pm

I just bought the P6 to go with BITWiG and cubase (it does live as well but with limited control)
BITWiG support is amazing, clip launcher, step sequencer and ability to assign modulation directly from the P6 (it's like using a hardware synth) lovely action as well, I'm realy happy with it.
DAWS: Live 11 Suite + PUSH2, Studio One, Bitwig and Reason all via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.

dna598

Post by dna598 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:42 pm

edit-don't wanna flame too much, i'm sure they got something going on :lol:

dna598

Post by dna598 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:03 pm

would be real nice if Abes would add mod destinations to the encoders, it can be done cant it?!

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:08 am

dna598 wrote:would be real nice if Abes would add mod destinations to the encoders, it can be done cant it?!
Yes, I have never understood why Nektar didn't do a total intigration firmware for Ableton Live....I mean, they have done all the major DAWs now and even reaper and garage band- in internal mode they have 20 maps for hardware like tetra etc...bit nothing for live other than the standard control surface map (which to be fair is as good as any other control surface for live)

Perhaps they need help/permission from the DAW developers to make their intigration firmware and the Abes didn't want to know due to PUSH?
DAWS: Live 11 Suite + PUSH2, Studio One, Bitwig and Reason all via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:24 am

I recently have taken on everything and anything reason and got a nektar lx61 Friday. It's a nice controller, it's not the panorama, but they make a nice product.

Haven't tried it with bitwig yet, I'm sure it's very good but I've lost my mind and gone all reason. Please send donations to my "good god help me" fund @goodgodhelpme.com :lol:

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:42 am

eyeknow wrote:I recently have taken on everything and anything reason and got a nektar lx61 Friday. It's a nice controller, it's not the panorama, but they make a nice product.

Haven't tried it with bitwig yet, I'm sure it's very good but I've lost my mind and gone all reason. Please send donations to my "good god help me" fund @goodgodhelpme.com :lol:
A change up is good - I have been using BWS exclusively since I got my P6, but I am sure I will drift back to live and cubase sometime (maybe live 9.5 with clip audio editing ;-))

Each DAW offers different creative possibilities and limiting yourself to less tools can also be productive (but Reason.....no UHE plugs, no Omnisphere 2!)

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:57 am

I thought there were a bunch of u-he things? No synths (and I've heard he's abandoning it)

Omnisphere 2? No thanks. I didn't even get my moneys worth out of one :x