Giving Away Liveuser.org

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dirtystudios

Giving Away Liveuser.org

Post by dirtystudios » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:55 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to hand over administration of Liveuser.org to some deserving young upstart. I just don't have time to treat it right anymore, and I can't stand to see it just sitting there not being updated. The website itself is already built and ready to go, (there's even a remix competition section built but currently disabled) I just need someone who can run it day to day. I will mantain ownership of the domain, and will continue to cover all hosting and renewal costs

I'd like to make sure that the person taking the reigns can treat her well, so I'll be asking that they have some experience in maintaining a website and can write a decent tutorial. Please reveiw the list below and if it sounds like you might be up for the job, please email me.

Skills should include:
- a good understanding of xhtml/css/ftp
- familiarity with the Wordpress content management system
- good writing skills
- a basic understanding of php is helpful but not required
- and of course, you should know Live inside and out

Thanks, and feel free to contact me with any questions.

Kevin

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:01 pm

cool site, ive not seen it before

scdnb.com

Post by scdnb.com » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:18 pm

I'm very interested. Email me using the email function at the bottom of this post!
PC2.4ghz::512mb::Ableton4.1.4::IKSampleTank2::Reaktor5:101BreaksPack
Favorite Producers: Bjork / Roni Size / Timberland /Dillinja

neomodo

Post by neomodo » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:36 pm

would be interested in that - perhaps the task can be shared among a couple of us - I have hosting capabilities in data center and generally spend my days doing admin of several volume sites

shoot me an email if interested...
P-4 3.0ghz 1.5 gb ram - ata +sata+usb+firewire
Matrox dual g450 adapter - MBOX - XP Pro SP 2 - Pro Tools LE 6.9 - Reason 3 - Korg Legacy - Guitar Rig - Amplitube - Ozone -Kantos -PSP Collection - Kontact - Waves - Sampletank - Tracks

Diskclaimer

Post by Diskclaimer » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:55 pm

good to see this happening...do not have time or skills myself

braj

Post by braj » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:58 pm

I don't think there is any other user site out there, right? It would probably be in Ableton's best interests to encourage your site, I don't know how but maybe by linking to it from here? Reviews of Live related stuff etc is great for this community.

Good luck!

braj

Post by braj » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:59 pm

P.S. maybe get experienced users here to write tutorials on some regular basis. Like 'Using Live as a DAW' would be good, for example.

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:05 pm

Thanks for all the replies and inquries. I'm going to give it a few days in order to let everyone whose interested time enough to contact me. The original idea for the site was indeed to have many people contributing articles, but it never really took off.

For all the folks who've so kindly offered hosting, like I mentioned above, the hosting is, and will remain, taken care of.

Thanks again,

Kevin

::mic-minimal::

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:23 pm

wtf you doin with your time up there in santa barbara DS, you're probably posting from the beach :wink:
for the love of Live

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:47 pm

::mic-minimal:: wrote:wtf you doin with your time up there in santa barbara DS, you're probably posting from the beach :wink:
Hey man, I don't need this from you. We have a lot of beach up here alright, and someone has to sit around on it.

Wifi at the beach... hell, I wish.

k