Push 2 coming soon?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Buleriachk

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by Buleriachk » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:21 pm

After my inner ghost screaming bloody murder, I sprung for Push 2. I really think this is a win-win situation for me. My Push 1 was a great learning tool during the 2 years I had it, and I had great fun with the scales/chords on the 8x8 matrix. I can really play Cxardas by Monty fast on it.... :)

Plus the schools get my Push 1 as well (I was going to will it to SB City Schools, but this is even better - Ableton schools get a Push 1 now, and SB eventually gets the Push 2.

Hats Off, Abletion, good show: Now if you guys can only implement scales on the Launchpad Pro and Session Overview for the APC Key 25.

Vance

Post by Vance » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:23 pm

Anyone know of any NY stores with stock atm?

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:25 pm

thekillingtree wrote:
Shift Gorden wrote:While messing around trying to get my card to work with Ableton's site...it just went out of stock. Argh.
it said it's out of stock? that's brutal. i feel like they could make it just a little bit more clear on their site when things are in/out of stock.
I just got my order confirmation....
(I will post my impressions of it when it arrives.

Congratulations to Ableton; the trade-in offer is a real win-win for everyone, IMO!
Last edited by Buleriachk on Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J0n35y

Post by J0n35y » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Red Dog Music here in the uk had stock in today when I queried.

jsn

Post by jsn » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:36 pm

hey gang, anyone recall what the original push usb cable looks like? was it a hspeed 2.0 revision? so many of these laying around. thanks for any tips

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:38 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Shift Gorden wrote:Yeah! It was in-stock for a little while for sure, and I kinda knew it would be out of stock quickly since retailers don't have it yet (I called Guitar Center and they said they wouldn't have it for at least a month).
I'd look around at other places, it's supposed to be in stores today, not just on the Ableton site. I don't know which retailers got the first few batches though.
Will do, mate.

Sweetwater and Guitar Center don't have it as yet - although I'd really like to get from Ableton because the trade-in is really cool. GC only give 10%.

I'll have a poke around and see what I can find.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:44 pm

Edit: zZounds.com has them (well, just ordered one...I'll see what the confirmation says).

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:01 pm

Shift Gorden wrote: Yeah! It was in-stock for a little while for sure, and I kinda knew it would be out of stock quickly since retailers don't have it yet (I called Guitar Center and they said they wouldn't have it for at least a month).

I had it in my cart for an hour while I tried various ways to buy it, and then all of a sudden after a page refresh I got a message saying it had been removed from my cart because it was now out of stock.

I guess because Ableton is German, my US credit card was giving me all kinds of grief so unfortunately I couldn't buy it in time.
Wow that sucks. I am glad I ended up pulling the trigger. I did it probably .30 minutes before your message.

deva

Post by deva » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:02 pm

I was going to get Push 2 and use the trade in... but now I realize that Push 2 cannot be powered by USB... so no going outside with laptop and Push anymore. Hmmm

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:06 pm

BoddAH wrote:
Shift Gorden wrote: Yeah! It was in-stock for a little while for sure, and I kinda knew it would be out of stock quickly since retailers don't have it yet (I called Guitar Center and they said they wouldn't have it for at least a month).

I had it in my cart for an hour while I tried various ways to buy it, and then all of a sudden after a page refresh I got a message saying it had been removed from my cart because it was now out of stock.

I guess because Ableton is German, my US credit card was giving me all kinds of grief so unfortunately I couldn't buy it in time.
Wow that sucks. I am glad I ended up pulling the trigger. I did it probably .30 minutes before your message.
It's okay - I have one on order for now...I'll try to offload my current Push on eBay or something. Just got the post-purchase guilts.

SuslovNikolay

Post by SuslovNikolay » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:40 pm

SuslovNikolay wrote:Does the new Push 2 support aftertouch as previous Push 1? In tech-spec there is no information on pressure sensitivity of the pads https://www.ableton.com/en/push/tech-specs/
Sorry for trouble, Push 2 support aftertouch! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdwnkcT ... tu.be&t=68

Lowfront

Post by Lowfront » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:02 pm

deva wrote:I was going to get Push 2 and use the trade in... but now I realize that Push 2 cannot be powered by USB... so no going outside with laptop and Push anymore. Hmmm

I heard its possible to use with just USB but its extremely dim.

I just ordered push 2 using the trade in deal. Patiently waiting.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Lowfront wrote:
I heard its possible to use with just USB but its extremely dim..
This. Way to dark to use outside just on USB I'm afraid.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
Inner Portal Studio - Professional Audio Mastering

deva

Post by deva » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:29 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Lowfront wrote:
I heard its possible to use with just USB but its extremely dim..
This. Way to dark to use outside just on USB I'm afraid.
but at least it works... I could play notes

btw, my Push 1 is all f'ed up with 9.5... Am I supposed to update Push?

mekanism1200

Post by mekanism1200 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:40 pm

Am I reading the Ableton site correctly where it says $799 for just the hardware?