Macrobat nk Receiver - can only use one macro?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jbone1313

Macrobat nk Receiver - can only use one macro?

Post by jbone1313 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:33 am

Hi all,

I am trying to use Macrobat's nK Receiver, but I seem to only be able to get it to control one macro. Anyone else having this issue?

I use an id of (*1*), and that one works fine. Once I add another one (e.g. (*2*)), number 2 does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sonoran Music Devices
Monsoon (a chord track for Ableton Live) and other devices are available here:
https://sonoranmusicdevices.gumroad.com/

TomViolenz

Re: Macrobat nk Receiver - can only use one macro?

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:57 am

works on all 8 here, not sure what your problem is though.

One thing I found is that I always have to somehow initialize the rack for it to take over the control. Which I usually do by just moving the rack within my chain once. That seems to always do it and once it has done this once it will always work. (meaning you don't have to repeat the procedure again, unless you add more controls)

jbone1313

Post by jbone1313 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:50 am

TomViolenz wrote:Which I usually do by just moving the rack within my chain once. That seems to always do it and once it has done this once it will always work. (meaning you don't have to repeat the procedure again, unless you add more controls)
Thanks A LOT for that tip! That did the trick. IIRC, Stray says you only need to reselect the devices to initialize them, but that never worked for me.

QQ: Do you find Macrobat to be stable? I am looking at using it to control devices on different tracks, because the M4L devices I have used for that have been very unstable.

Thanks!!
Sonoran Music Devices
Monsoon (a chord track for Ableton Live) and other devices are available here:
https://sonoranmusicdevices.gumroad.com/

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:39 am

Yes it's quite stable for me, but there are a few minor downsides (just as with the M4L version I would imagine)

The main issue is that when you record with the receiver rack into Arrangement you now have two automation lanes for one parameter, one on the original device and one on the receiver rack.
This can become a hassle when you try the work on that parameter again in your arrangement.

Also Undo gets messed up by this.

I would suggest to test drive it with one rack for a while and see if these issues bother you.

But otherwise it's totally stable.