Isotonik & PUSH 2

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Mehalic

Isotonik & PUSH 2

Post by Mehalic » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:44 pm

Darren and the Isotonik Crew:

I'm debating over making the jump to PUSH 2, and one of the items that I need to know is whether your great devices will still be accessible via PUSH 2 or does it render all those great tools useless in the sense of breaking controller assignments? I'd hate to make the plunge only to find my tools/scripts for PUSH don't work anymore. Really hoping your PUSH tools continue to work on PUSH 2 or will you guys be updating to include support for PUSH 2, and if so, how long are you thinking (ball park as I know you don't like giving timelines)?

Thanks!
MM
Symbolic Studio's
K-DUB

SoundCloud Account

S4racen

Re: Isotonik & PUSH 2

Post by S4racen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:08 pm

Hey!

Push 2 will be supported in the future but it will be a new product line, don't let that stop you upgrading Push 2 is totally worth it...

We'll be releasing LaunchSync 2 in the coming weeks which allows the Push to be used as the Master Controller and have all others follow it around!

Cheers
D

Mehalic

Post by Mehalic » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:46 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Darren. I'm just a bit miffed as I did invest in your tools, and most had a PUSH component which is what I liked as I wanted to move away from the laptop and start using controllers more - your arcade series and DJ Tools I use from the controller, so it would be kind of redundant to buy another push only to have to buy your products again - I'm hoping that the isotonik package deals I purchased will cover the new devices (Arcade series being a prime example). Only thing I'm not sure about with the new controller is how it grabs parameters from devices (non-Live effects and synths) - if this is fairly flexible, it may lessen the blow to having the PUSH integration for a number of devices broken, just means more config work has to be done to before it being fully integrated into your system.... a

Anyways, hoping this won't get too cost prohibitive. I'll probably wait to see how things shake out before moving ahead. The other big question is around the display - having 3rd party tools really makes the platform that much more powerful and I know you've mentioned that you've had trouble accessing it which would be a huge let down!

Thanks again Darren, and keep up the great work with Isotonik, you guys have been on a role lately.
MM
Symbolic Studio's
K-DUB

SoundCloud Account

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:27 pm

Just to clarify, Oktopush is currently the main device i classify as our Push product, it's this that will struggle to be updated without access to the screen...

LaunchSync 2 will work with Push 2 as the Master Controller (And as a Slave by way of a small modification to the standard script)

The DJ Collection will need a lot of work so that maybe a long way off and is again dependent on the screen access...

I'm sure the rest of the team have plans for Push 2.... I'll check with Mark on the Arcade Series...

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:04 pm

Arcade Series is going to be Push 2 compatible.... :-)

Cheers
D

Mehalic

Post by Mehalic » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:59 pm

Man, that was quick - that's the customer service your users love! Thanks Darren.

Push 2 is really trying hard to take my money....
MM
Symbolic Studio's
K-DUB

SoundCloud Account

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:14 pm

I wouldn't resist to be fair... Half of what i wanted to hack the Push for is there as standard, it's workflow is a serious improvement and it's so beautiful (which shouldn't make a difference but my other half approves of it)

The main part is how easy it is to pick up and use, nothing like my experience when i first got the Push...

An Ableton Developer posted that the screen isn't blocked, we'll just have to find a way, and theres plenty of other updates and new products on the table to finish first...

Cheers
D