Aftertouch interfering with input velocity

Discuss Push with other users.
Razz CE

Aftertouch interfering with input velocity

Post by Razz CE » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:25 pm

This is a little different from the reported problem of pressing down firmly (rather than striking a pad) causes a high velocity note. I'm seeing an issue where holding one note down firmly causes velocity spikes for the NEXT note pressed. I've sent a bug report to Ableton, but I'm curious to see if this is a common problem.

Press a note - hold it down hard. Now press any other note softly while holding down the first note. When I do this the second note is almost always played at 127 velocity. Is this happening for anyone else? I know my Win 7 system is having a hard time cooperating with Push 2 in some ways. For instance, I'm working with support to resolve an issue where Push 2 is not displaying waveforms from Simpler or feedback from mix meters. I could live with that for a while, but this problem makes is pretty much impossible to play expressively.
Win 10 Pro
Ryzen 9 3900XT
UAD Apollo/ART Voice Channel
Ableton Live 10/Cubase 10.5
Push 2/Moog Subsequent 37

fishmonkey

Re: Aftertouch interfering with input velocity

Post by fishmonkey » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:15 am

nope, not happening here...

emkays

Re: Aftertouch interfering with input velocity

Post by emkays » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Definitely happening and very frustrating. Makes it very difficult to play anything legato. Every once in a while nots will hit full velocity. The new sensitivity of the pads is great but the performance feel is awful. It's okay for drums where the playing style is usually short staccato stabs and mostly monophonic. Using it to actually play another instrument really doesn't work well at all.